4.0 out of 5 stars A good story but with a prohibitive cost.
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me.
Published 17 months ago by Richard Shillito

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good story but with a prohibitive cost., May 21, 2013
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
I've read all of the books in this series from book 1-26 so far and this review takes the series as a whole into account. This a an enjoyable and worthwhile read. My only complaints are that the story skips through vast tacks of time every now and then that I might have liked to know more about. Also, I think that the price for each novella after the first are all over priced. A short story 60-80 pages should cost more than .99 cents while these are all $2.99. A price of 2.99 is a good price for a full novel not a short story. I know what a .99 cent price point gets a smaller royalty than a 2.99 price point, with that in mind, the author should consider consolidating his story into larger sections. The author claims his will eventually have a series of 100 novellas. If each is 2.99 then you will have to pay $300 plus tax to enjoy the whole series. Thats crazy!

5.0 out of 5 stars great beginning to the series, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
Really good beginning to the series. It promises to be a great sci-fi read for all ages. Can't wait for the second one

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., June 20, 2013
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
This is a science free zone. The scifi style I prefer is the 'hard' variety where I am prepared to suspend my disbelief but only once, lets say FTL travel, after that authors must obey the known laws of physics, this book required many suspensions of disbelief. The writing style was quite addictive, so I persisted with the next book, (more like chapter!) but the same issues pertained, I will not be buying any more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than some are suggesting, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
This series reminds me of some of Heinlein's youth SciFi such as "Starship Troopers." It's a good yarn, starting with the discovery of an alien artifact and alien remains in Antartica and following through with the technological and social change that result from this. This includes the selection and induction of a mentally and physically elite group of young adults into a training squad for .... what? Saving Earth, obviously, but at this stage, despite having read five books, I haven't got far enough into the series to have glimpsed a live alien which is what some of the reviewers are complaining about, I think. Plenty of action and strategy in their training carries the reader onwards, though, making each book an adventure. Quite well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellant bit of Sy-fy edge of the seat action great read., September 30, 2013
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
I bought the first book to try it out and immediately bought 2,3,4 and the rest as I finished each one as im addicted to the story now and cant wait for the next installment.
I would recommend it to any science fiction reader as the best series ive read in years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read so far. on to next installment., May 19, 2013
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable good pace great characters gives an alternative history do the origin of humanity. Looking forward to seeing where this series is going. Great setting for those into RPGs

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than some of the reviewers state., April 16, 2013
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
If you are looking for a fast alien thrill ride, this is not the series for you. This series is a SAGA. As another reviewer stated it does remind me a bit of heinlein's works. Generally well written and the universe building is solid. I'm up to installment 17 and still find it worth reading. I'd like to see where he goes next.

4.0 out of 5 stars promising start, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
... things became intriguing in the mid of the 1st chapter ... was hooked by the mid of the 2nd one ...

if you are like me and care mostly about the plot, you will love this; things seem to be moving along at a good speed (in the 1st 'book', don't know about others yet) and have a huge potential.

umm aer'ki what is it with you and dinos? :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Read, September 3, 2012
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
I've been reading Are-Ki Jyr on fan fic for awhile and wanted to give his new original series a go. All I can say is wow! The writing is amazing and the plot is sound with heaps of room for expansion! I am already steaming my way through the other entries and am addicted.

this would make an amazing Tv show!

I would recommend this for anyone who is a fan of Stargate, star wars, Dr who or basically any sci-fi show.

Well done and keep up the great work!

5.0 out of 5 stars A winning formula, November 10, 2012
This review is from: Star Force: Inception (SF1) (Kindle Edition)
I have now read all 13 books currently published in this series, and I have to say I am hooked.
This is not a masterpiece of sci-fi literature by any means, but it's certainly above average, and if you are looking for a good story, with the potential to catch your interest and keep it for a long time , this one has more chances than most..
I can think of 2 or 3 other similar series, all by independent authors, but none that has been executed as well.
Some of the themes are: Discovery, Space opera, Evolution, Economics, Technology, Wealth creation, Colonization, Aliens, War. I have now resigned myself to fork out about $300 of my money, as all 100 books come out. I was sceptical about the length of the books, and I still believe it's a tad pricey, but If my experience is repeated by enough readers, and the author keeps his publishing rate, longer series of smaller size books might just be a winning formula.
Update: I am now up to number 16 and I am happy to say the quality keeps improving. The plot has "vision", and the author keeps things interesting and surprising. What's more, his update rate is approximately a new release every 15 days. He's been consistent in that so far, which compensates for the length of the releases and cliffhangers. If you are willing to wait to build some cushion, you are in for a wild ride. for my part, I gobble each release as soon as they come out. In light of the faster publishing rate, and the fact that the story itself ends up being broader and longer, I am now sold on this format for Space opera and possibly other fiction genres.
Update: Just finished book 30, and I am more hooked than ever. Price is no more an issue for me, as I know exactly what I am getting now, and I am completely addicted anyhow. Although I still believe the author would be wise to give the first few books for free, as a hook for new readers. My guess is sales are decent, given their Amazon ranking, but he certainly pays the price of the short length with a comparatively lesser amount of reviews given the quality of the work. The publishing rate is extraordinary, and as long as that stays constant, I believe it's fairly priced. I have dozens of books I've enjoyed that I had to wait a year or more for the sequels to come out. there's something comforting in knowing that a sequel is only 15 days away, and there's a vast amount of material to anticipate. For the pleasure I derive from this series, I wish I could forget it and start again. a newcomer has a massive amount of reading before him and I love the ambitious plot more than ever.
Update: 50 Books already? Time flies. Still religiously buy them as soon as they are published. I take back what I said about this not being a Masterpiece. If he Finishes this, it will be.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Star Force: Inception (SF1)
$0.99