To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode.
Star Fox 64 3D is a handheld Action-Space Shooter game exclusive to Nintendo 3DS that sees the return of the canine space pilot, Fox McCloud. A port of the Nintendo 64 classic, Star Fox 64, Star Fox 64 3D blends the best aspects of the original console game with new 3DS based play options. Features include: all your favorite characters from the Star Fox team, a graphical update that utilizes the 3DS' two screens, a Nintendo 64 control scheme as well as one that uses the motion-sensing abilities of the 3DS, the ability for players to import their images into the game via the 3DS' camera functionality and 4-person local wireless multiplayer that only requires one game cartridge.
Fox McCloud Like Never Before
Fox McCloud is back in a re-mastered Nintendo classic. Star Fox 64 3D invites players to take on the role of legendary Fox McCloud as they lead a fearless squadron of fighters in fierce aerial combat to battle the evil forces of Andross and save the galaxy from destruction. The rich 3D visuals of Nintendo 3DS provide a remarkable sense of depth, distance and position as players dodge meteors and blast enemy fighters out of the sky.
Fox McCloud is back in a re-mastered Nintendo classic, now for play on 3DS. View larger.
Star Fox 64 3D features multiple ways to play, including "64 Mode" and a "3DS Mode." "64 Mode" allows players to utilize the tried and true control scheme of the original Nintendo 64 release, while the 3DS Mode lets players utilize the motion controls of the built-in Gyro Sensor of the Nintendo 3DS system to steer McCloud's ship through space. In addition, the game contains a multiplayer "Battle Mode" which allows for up to four game systems to connect locally utilizing only one game cartridge via DS download play. Within this mode players can also utilize the 3DS' inner facing camera to display a live video feed of their faces as they battle, ratcheting up the engrossing multiplayer experience of the game even further.
About Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS is a groundbreaking hardware release that brings 3D gaming to the handheld market for the first time. The fourth major release in the DS product line, Nintendo 3DS utilizes 3D Slider functionality and an improved top LCD display to present a glasses-free 3D effect in compatible games, while giving players the option to moderate the effect as they see fit. Taken together with additional features, including full analog control in 3D game environments, motion and gyro sensors that transfer the movements of the handheld into the game, 3D camera functionality, an adjustable stylus and full backwards compatibility, and you have not only a must-have system, but a revolution in handheld gaming.
Key Game Features
- A complete graphical update brings a Nintendo classic into the era of portable 3D fun. The game makes effective use of the Nintendo 3DS system's dual screens: The top screen features 3D aerial combat, while the bottom screen displays characters and dialogue.
- There are two control methods for the player to experience. Nintendo 64 Mode offers original controls, while the new Nintendo 3DS Mode uses the motion controls of the built-in Gyro Sensor of the Nintendo 3DS system.
- Trusted wingmen Peppy, Slippy and Falco are along for the ride. If one of them is chased or captured by an enemy, players must act to protect them in order to keep their team strong.
- Each mission takes players through a different planet of the Lylat system as they blast enemies, collect power-ups and fight powerful bosses on their way to the final battle.
- A new multiplayer option lets up to four players engage in fierce aerial combat via a local wireless connection (using four systems and one game card via DS Download Play). The multiplayer mode also includes new power-ups and special weapons. Players can use the Nintendo 3DS system's inner camera to display a live video feed of their faces as they battle, bringing a new level of fun and personalization to the multiplayer experience.