Customer Discussions > Stargirl forum

Star Girl for 11 year olds?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2008 6:10:25 AM PST
A. Goodrich says:
I read Star Girl several years ago and remember the story line and that I loved the book, but I am starting a book club for my 11 year-old son and am wondering if there is anything in there that would be inappropriate for this age (it is a mixed group...boys and girls) i.e. language, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 8:12:19 AM PST
myview says:
My 11 year old is reading it as part of her sixth grade curriculum(public school), so I would say it's appropriate.

Posted on Mar 17, 2009 1:49:47 AM PDT
My 11 yr. old daughter recently read "Stargirl" and "Love, Stargirl" and loved them both, nothing inappropriate at all, imo! They are 2 of her favorite books now :)

Posted on Jun 2, 2009 3:48:36 PM PDT
My 11 yr. old LOVES both "Stargirl" and "Love, Stargirl". I didn't find anything inappropriate about these books. HTH!

Posted on Dec 9, 2009 5:24:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2009 5:25:12 PM PST
Ren Woxing says:
I first read this in 7th grade when my older sister was assigned it for class. Although some of the vocabulary may be difficult for the average 11 year old (there were a few words a couple of my classmates from my 8th grade (advanced) English class didn't know).

But no, there's nothing innapropriate or scary.

-Kelsey Rasmussen

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2010 7:25:14 PM PST
im not sure how u define "appropriate" since everyones defination is different... but i do know of a book called Flipped thats similar to the concept of stargirl. it switches inbetween the boy and girl character in the book so then it is great for boy and girl. the author is Wendelin Van Draanen. hope this helps...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2010 7:42:42 PM PST
im not sure how u define "appropriate" since everyones defination is different... but i do know of a book called Flipped thats similar to the concept of stargirl. it switches inbetween the boy and girl character in the book so then it is great for boy and girl. the author is Wendelin Van Draanen. hope this helps...

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 9:10:05 PM PDT
Karen Oslund says:
My 9 year old has been assigned this in 4th grade. It seems like a nice book, but isn't this a bit young for themes of dating and falling in love in high school. Not that I think there is inappropiate content, but I just can't see how my son will be able to relate to the book. Thoughts?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Stargirl forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Stargirl
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (Hardcover)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,163)