5.0 out of 5 stars quick and precise
This printer was recommended for use with square.com printed credit card receipts using an iPad. It works great. Very fast and has a compact footprint.
Published on March 2, 2012 by Stewart Gooderman

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great...when it works
Published on April 10, 2012 by KDA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars quick and precise, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Star Micronics 39463110 Monochrome Printer (Office Product)

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great...when it works, April 10, 2012
I have this set up to use with Square and the APG Cash Drawer on the iPad 3. Setup was super simple and I was up and going in literally minutes. I've been using it for a little over a week now, and I've had about 3 instances where I can't get it to print a receipt. I check to make sure that all of the devices are on the same internet connection, and they were. Sometimes it just lags, because the cash drawer opens and I can click on the "Print Receipt" button, but nothing happens. Then when I print a test receipt from the iPad, the customer receipt that I was trying to print will print out ahead of the test receipt. So it was in there, but for some reason it didn't print out. Other times it just goes offline or something, because it won't open the cash drawer at all, and the option to print a receipt does not even show up on the iPad. I've had to turn it off and turn it back on when this happens, and that solves the problem. I have cable internet that has never given me any problems on any of my other office electronics, so I have to assume that the receipt printer is the problem. Setup was very easy, and it does work well most of the time, but it really irks me in those few instances when I cannot give my customers perfect customer service and have to resort to hand-writing a paper receipt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, October 2, 2012
I bought this product to use with the Square Register POS setup. To make this setup work properly, I purchased the Star Micronics 39463110 Monochrome Printer and APG Cash Drawer Vasario Series VB-1616 (painted front with dual media slots, 320 MultiPRO interface and 16 inch x 16 inch) - color: black then(required!) 014A Cash Drawer, Multipro Cable for Star 24V Series

The way it works is that this printer will connect to your router (you will need a regular network cable for this) and use the multipro cable above to connect from the printer to the cash drawer. Your iPad then connects to your wifi and using Square Register it "discovers" your printer. The multipro cable is how the cash drawer opens automatically.

You really have to buy this brand and series style as recommended by Square if you want everything with Square to work properly. They are designed to work together using the Square software.

For the application in which I'm using this printer, it's been absolutely perfect. The light flashes red when it is either out of paper or loses network connection. It will also print "host connection lost" on a receipt to let you know the issue. It also has cutouts on the side for cord management.

I was able to order the reciept paper online at Staples.com. Note that it takes a very wide roll of paper, not the standard narrow credit card thermal paper.

I'm very happy with this setup and would recommend it to anyone looking to set up a Square Register POS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prints Quick and Crisp, Works Great with Instore, August 21, 2013
We have used this Star Printer for a while now. It is a fast, affordable, and solid printer. We needed it for our iPad point of sale Instore, and I connected it wirelessly to Instore. You do need a wireless router and ethernet cable to use the printer wirelessly, but that wasn't too hard to setup as we had those. The overall process was really easy, and we had it up and running in few minutes. The ink prints very dark so it's easy to read. Another thing to watch out is that receipts from thermal printers like this won't hold up well under high heat -- so if you use this in your store's kitchen like we do, just avoid placing the paper receipts near high heat or steam because sometimes the whole paper turns black.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS WITH PAYPAL HERE & SQUARE CREDIT CARD READERS, October 12, 2012
The star micronics printer tsp143lan is a great printer!!!!

I purchased to use with paypal here and with square card readers and this printer works with both perfectly!

Printer was quick and easy to setup on my network, only problem I had was connecting the printer to my laptop, which after reading instructions online determined my laptop was not searching for printer. I fixed that with no problems per online instructions.

This printer work flawlessly with both paypal here and square on my ipad.

I would purchase this printer again if i had too and will recommend to friends using credit card readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, June 20, 2012
Amongst all options that sell this printer, I landed on this specific company because another user mentioned they purchased the product to use with Square and the iPad. The user also mentioned they were up and running in minutes and so was I! This was the easiest printer I have ever setup before...plug in the power cord and ethernet cable, access Square on the iPad, and you'll have a receipt printed in about five minutes or less! Also helpful, this package came with a small roll of paper for us to use while we waited for our bulk order to arrive. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone in need of a printer to use with the iPad and Square app.

5.0 out of 5 stars TSP143, March 26, 2012
Bought this printer and cash drawer combination recommended by Square credit cards services which we use on an iPad 1. The only confusion was the cable connections, and that was user error!!! The cable has an RJ45 end and a standard telephone end. Once I looked at the cable and didn't simply assume, the rest went together quickly and hooked up right away. It is great

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer for POS with Tablet, November 21, 2013
Great product and great company to work with. I at first ordered the TSP143U which is a USB Printer to work with a Tablet to set up a POS system at my business. Once I got it, I realized that if I had the printer plugged into the tablet there was no additional port to then charge the tablet. I contacted the company and they gladly accepted my return and let me reorder this LAN Printer. I highly recommend this vendor and their product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Only IF you have the RIGHT WiFi Router! Read for Details., August 30, 2013
Major (The Internets) - See all my reviews
Works great for us now that we figured out the best Wifi Router. For us it is ALL about the strength and capabilities of WiFi router.

OK, we have: iPad 3. 2 Star Micronics 39463110 printers, an APG cash drawer, 2 HD streaming security cams, we are streaming Spotify for music and have an open wireless N connection for customers.
We had a Netgear WNR2000 router to begin with. TOTAL JUNK! Lost connection with printers and internet several times a day. Frustrating beyond belief.

I researched the top rated wireless N routers and purchased a Netgear N900 Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit router and PROBLEMS TOTALLY SOLVED!
Hasn't dropped the internet, cash drawer, Spotify, cams or printers once in the last 3 weeks. Such a HUGE difference.
-Don't skimp on your router or your internet bandwidth or you will be very sorry.

Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, August 27, 2013
There's no end to the good things I can say about Star Micronics. Good, solidly built products with a customer and technical support team that will knock your socks off. (Hint: They speak English!)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›