5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful movie of faith
Published 7 months ago by James G. Towns

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 wise men
Typical story of the three wise men, but poor quality of acting and video. I suggest you skip this one unless you really love Raymond Burr.
Published 12 months ago by Gayle

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful movie of faith, December 10, 2013
This review is from: A Star Shall Rise; A String of Blue Beads (DVD)
I know nothing about A String of Beads, but I do have A Star Shall Rise on videotape, and I love the little half hour movie about the birth of Christ in Bethlehem. It does have its faults, such as background noise, and poor sound quality, but it is the story that is important, and this little movie delivers the message of salvation very convincingly. In fact, I first saw the movie on t.v. when I was 16 years old and it was the start of my faith journey to know and love God. That is why A Star Shall Rise has always had a special place in my heart. Someone's review criticized the acting, but I think it was good. Everyone played their part very convincingly. Raymond Burr played one of the wise men that was filled with doubt, but made the journey anyway with his 2 Magi friends and found his faith when he saw the Child and Mother Mary. Morris Ankrum played Herod to perfection, in my opinion. The movie was a Catholic production and has an Irish priest at the end of the movie, with a delightful Irish accent, exhorting the viewer to accept Jesus as Saviour and embrace the true meaning of Christmas. I know I did, and I even became a Catholic, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Half is excellent., December 30, 2012
This review is from: A Star Shall Rise; A String of Blue Beads (DVD)
A String of Blue Beads was wonderful. A Star Shall Rise was hampered by background noise due to poor reproduction.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 wise men, July 15, 2013
Gayle (South Carolina United States) - See all my reviews

A Star Shall Rise; A String of Blue Beads
A Star Shall Rise; A String of Blue Beads by (A String of Blue Beads) Alan Dinehart (DVD - 2011)
$6.98