Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 5 Star Shine Paint Protection System
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 1, 2009
I applied this to my 2006 Sebring and 2009 CTS. In my experience the product lasts about a year. I think preparation is key. The initial results are similar to a dealer applied sealant, regarding shine and soil repellency. Unfortunately the "you will Never wax again" claim is not true, and having it last 5 years is a stretch, in my experience anyway. We have a black 2003 Cadillac with a $1000+ GM applied paint sealant package that is still working 7 years later, so some products do work as claimed. To be fair, the 5 Star company suggests weekly rinsing and an annual application of "PPS cleaner" to maintain the coating, but this is revealed at the end of the enclosed directions.
on April 20, 2015
I have been detailing cars for over 30 years now and I am extremely pleased with both the product and service. Many great reviews have been written here already and I don't want to be repetitive of the good things that have already been said. I do have some comments about the negative reviews that I believe are unwarranted. We tend to live in a world where everyone wants instant gratification without putting any effort in, and I believe that if you aren't patient and willing to put in the preparation work, your results will vary. As with any product, you absolutely should read the directions and product information and adhere to those instructions. To that end, a few tips.

1) I was afraid that 1 kit would not be enough to cover my F-150 after some comments about coverage. After speaking with the good folks at NSearch I was informed that a single kit is intended to cover 300 sq feet. THIN coat is the operative phrase here. I was able to do both my car, truck, all windows and all 8 wheels with 1 kit, and still have a small amount left for future touchups.
2) A good way to practice applying a thin coat is to start on glass, like your windshield. If the product is opaque on the glass and crumbles up like heavily applied wax when you go to remove it you are applying too much. Try a very small amount and elbow grease to do the entire window, you should be able to still see through it, no white residue.

Patience and preparation are paramount to a great results. This product is not intended to be your bug and tar remover, swirl mark remover, scratch fix or behave like a wax product. My F150 is 4 years old and it took me 2-3 afternoons of hard work to get the paint where I wanted it before applying the 5 Star sealant. My car is new, with only 5,000 miles on it and I was able to finish the entire car in about 4 hours. In both cases the results were flawless and after road testing through a week of spring rainfall I couldn't be happier with the results. The car can easily be washed with just water or a rinse-less car wash product.
review image review image
on December 8, 2010
The customers who rated this item poorly must be affiliated with another auto polish company. This product works better than dealership quality sealants such as "perma-plate" Five years later and still going strong. Does last longer on new vehicles.
on July 27, 2014
I love this product. In my experience it has performed nearly as advertised... if you know how to use it properly. I originally applied 5 Star to my Honda Accord when I bought it new. I followed the directions for application and it performed flawlessly for about 4 years. Mind you that my car is parked outside, under trees and out of the sun most of the time. That said, with monthly washings, water beaded up on the finish flawlessly for about 4 years. The finish was so slick after washing I took it out on the freeway for three miles and all the water droplets blew off, leaving a clean finish. Hey this took a lot less time and effort than drying it off with towels.
My mistake with this product was I pushed it too far. More than 5 years out water was nowhere close to beading up nicely anymore.
I had to reapply 5 Star. However at this stage I knew I had to recondition my cars surface to fully get the benefits of 5 Star protection.
Much like painting a house. If you have old and cracking paint, you don't apply new paint without preparing the surface first.
So I rubbed out the whole car and washed it thoroughly (everything ALWAYS done in the shade). Once again I diligently followed the direction to apply the 5 Star.
It's been 3 years, my Accord looks like new. Even parked under trees when I wash it water beads up like a new car and the finish looks like new.
If you buy a new car, do yourself a favor and apply 5 Star Shine you'll be glad you did. On the other hand, if your car is a year or older DO NOT go to the expense of using this product unless you are willing to prepare your car's surface and apply this great product properly.
In either case it's going to require a little effort on your part. In the long run your car is going to look better much longer and you'll save yourself much time and effort with lesser waxing/sealing agents.
Good Luck
on August 23, 2015
I purchased this product through the prodding of a friend. I read all the reviews I could find. I watched a number of tutorials that were at the company website and at YouTube.
I am very happy to say that I am pleased with the results. I washed the car first. Put the first application and let it dry. Washed that off and dried the car. Then proceeded to use the product. As they instructions recommend, only do a small sections at a time. It dries fast enough and wipes off better than any other wax that I have used.
Even if it doesn't last five years, I would do it again in a year. I will buy the companion products for washing and yearly tweaking of the shine. That way I will see if it last five years.

Just make sure your car is very clean before you start the process. It does take about four hours. I had enough to do a full size car with a little extra.
on April 6, 2016
Well I got this 15 years ago and applied it on my 1996 Geo Prizm and though the clear coat was faded due to its age, this system, 5 Star Shine really did keep it shiny! for a long time too. And after 10 years or 15, forget how long I owned it, I finally sold the beauty for 1 G and it was still shining with 5 stars! I regret the sale a little but I got a free 95 Acura Legend from me Pops and I knew 1 beauty had to make way for the next coming on board, and 5 Star Shine I knew, was gonna go on her too. And after I got it on, there's a new beauty in town, the result of a perfect marriage--the Legend (free to me! yeppy) and the 5 Star Shine! Keep on shinin' ole gal, do it like ye R for long more! yeah baby...huh huhmmm.
on September 21, 2011
I have used this product on 2 different cadillacs. In both cases, people were regually noticing how good the cars looked, very shiny and clean! Right up to the end of owning the cars, I would be asked if I had just waxed it.

Cars do stay cleaner looking and are very easy to wash.

In both cases, the cars were certified used and had very good detailed paint jobs. I had one of the cars for 3 years and the other car for 4 years. I applied the system soon after I purchased each of the cars. I do keep cars in the garage when they are not in use.

After either 3 or 4 years [depending on the car] water would still bead up on the paint when I washed the car.

I did not have any after purchase interactions with the company. I can not comment on customer service. I bought the wax the first time from 5 Star and received it quickly. I bought it the second time through Amazon.
on November 29, 2008
I bought this product almost five years ago and applied it to my then brand new Honda Accord. It's true that the "bead" does not last for five years, but the shine does. After nearly five years, and without having a garage (!) I am happy to say that the paint still looks terrific and has never seen any wax since the first application of 5-Star Shine. At the same time (4.5 year's ago) I applied the product to a 1998 Honda Prelude. It made a huge difference then and this car is now 10 years old and also looking great!!! So, I just bought another new car and I am back for more 5-Star Shine.
on June 20, 2016
Where to start!! Very Apprehensive at first did not know what to expect, but working out the area the product covers is a must before you order, then follow the instructions when it arrives. So wash the vehicle, a quick dry, then add the liquid to 1 gal of warm water, then apply to a section of the vehicle, allow to dry this is the catalyst, then apply the paste on the pad provided to a small area, allow a few minutes to power dry, buff off with lint free cloth or buffer pad machine, you have you instant shine, unbelievable until you see it. So done the RV, got the truck to do, then two cars.
Would have liked in a larger quantity pack.
on February 14, 2016
3 months in a Missouri winter and water will not stand on my truck. I bought this kit and used a 6" foam applicator on a machine to Apply it. This stuff goes on very thin. There was enough to complete my new Ford F 150 with a cab high camper shell and my wife's car. They were done about a month apart so I had to purchase another bottle of the prep chemical from the manufacturer. Everything shines better than new. I get lots of complements. I am not an employee of this company. I just like their product.