5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Star Wars vehicles, May 23, 2005
This review is from: Star Wars Starfighter Vehicle E3 Ve02 Obi-Wan Kenobi Starfighter (Toy)
I've got several Star Wars vehicles, but this is one of my favorites. It feels a lot more durable than some of the other vehicles, and with the firing missles and flip-out wings, it's pretty cool.

I like that they started molding some of the pieces out of a vinyl material instead of having the whole thing be hard plastic. (The "guns" down the center of the ship are vinyl.) The vinyl won't crack off if it hits something.

Two things I did note, though:

First, the flip-out wings flip out nicely when you push the release button, but snapping them back in closed position was harder than expected; I end up having to partially depress the release button to get them to snap in. Not a big deal for me, but for a younger child that might be tough.

Second, the R4 droid is removable and supposedly you can put an R2-D2 figure in the slot. I bought the Episode III R2-D2 and his feet are a little too wide so he won't fit in there. That was a little disappointing but not a deal-breaker. I still think the ship rocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, most impressive, September 16, 2005
I'd like to echo the other reviews -- this toy (and the yellow matching fighter, natch) are really excellent. At the age of 37, I was so smitten with this toy that I bought it and the other one, to, er, play with with my son, yeah. The only problems are, the fake R2 unit (although I plan to see which of my R2 figures will fit, based on comments others have made), and the stickers are rather hard to put on. In general, this toy is indicative of the extra effort Hasbro has made with ep III, compared to, say, the CRAP they made for ep 2, that disappointed me so much I stopped buying figures for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best-looking of the jedi starfighters, June 3, 2005
M. McCrady "Billy_Pilgrim" (Lexington, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This toy is the best-looking of the Jedi starfighters. I think it's better-looking than even the bright green Toys R Us exclusive Anakin/Darth Vader ship. Unfortunately, you have to wait until August to buy Obi Wan as a pilot. Until then, you might be better off using the Obi Wan figures from AOTC and Phantom Menace to "pilot" the ship, because the ROTS Obi Wan figures do not fit into the cockpit very well. Especially the "Jedi Kick" Obi Wan figure. Is anyone else disappointed in a few of the more cheesy figures released for this film? I have been really disappointed by figures with lightsabers molded into their hands and actions that don't work (Jedi Kick Obi Wan comes to mind). Please, just give me a basic Obi Wan figure, maybe with a cloth Jedi cloak!

As someone who owned several vehicles from the original trilogy when I was kid, I can vouch for the durability of the new vehicles. On the old toys, nothing worked. The Tie Fighters solar panels wouldn't stay on, and on the Millenium Falcon, the cannon and satellite dish wouldn't stay on. And of course the figures did not fit well in the original vehicles. Hasbro seems to have worked out most of these problems (except maybe for the figures fitting). Obi Wan's starfighter is a great buy at twenty bucks, and it looks great out of the box and on display.

One other thing: the instructions say you can fit "most" R2 droid figures in place of the R4 drone that comes with the ship. I tried the ROTS Artoo figure, and it would not fit at all. Maybe the R4 G9 "preview" droid fits, but I don't own that figure yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars a really cool toy, June 10, 2005
Laureado A. Ortega (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Let me get this clear to all of you before i begin, the box say,s most r2 figures fit, MOST; MOST get it!!! not all of then,

well now that we got that litle problem out of the way, lets just say that the jedi starfighter is one solid toy, great detayling,the proportions are just perfect for a 4 inch action figure, dont go and make the mistake that i originally made, thinking that this was the same starfigther that was offered in episode 2 but with a couple of modification uh-huh no!! this baby is fukky loaded, a nice paint job, and pop up wings that makes this ship look great,you are going to have to be really carefull with the stickers, the ones on the cockpit are really hard to place, but the rest are really easy, get this toy is worth every penny , and is the best of the whole series,

p.s get a power of the force r2 unit it fits really nice in the droid socket, or just leave the one the ship brings, it does the job as good as any.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stie Fighter(yeah, I spelled it right)., May 26, 2008
Ben Kenobi's Starfighter was the early proto-tie fighter a conjoinment of Republic nose fighters and the grid flank tie-fighter's bow-tie look so distinctive in a space craft. Kenobi and Anakin flew these on regular patrol in the Darth Greivous campaing in the last movie it is nothing more than a combintion Tie and A-wing conjoined as the Republic Starfighter.(could be a snowspeeder but that's just an airplane.) The toy is made of the same suff as the others, a bit more quality went into it than the ones in my day(Episode IV 1977). It is fun to look at but not a real display peice. You'd want a bit more detail in the cockpit for one thing as well as prop quality on the exterior. Paint it for the effect. This and the naboo starfighter are worth the coin, the ridiculous price of the queen's ride is out of the question(queen's ransom) asking price 365 big ones. No kid deserves that! I was shocked at the falcon's price in my day it was in excess of(in 19&77, dollars were less) 50 smackroonies!(though at TG&Y they actually talked me out of instead of into it!) AT-AT somewhere in the ballpark. That is why I buy this stuff now, my folks would never dream of getting it for me then...

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME TOY MAN!, April 22, 2006
A Kid's Review
I am the Star Wars Fanatic

I really like this toy! It has firing misiles and stickers to put on the vehicle. And, you can open the wings! This is a great toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars cool ship, May 24, 2005
This is an awsome ship! Well at least Anakins is. My cousin has a green Anakin jedi starfighter and I want to get the new Obi-wan Kenobi one that is coming in September. The only thing that is not good about it is that there is a little opening in the cockpit that Anakin's hand (the Green ship comes with an Anakin that has a normal hand and one holding a lightsaber) fell through.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!, April 27, 2005
CWH (Warren, MA) - See all my reviews
I've been a star wars collector for many(over 20) years. So far, without even having seen the movie, the Ep. 3 toy collection is the best. Both the Obi-wan and Anakin Jedi Starfighters(same exact ships, different colors) are among my all-time favorites, along with the ARC-170. Both are worth more than the price tag in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astromech droid can't fit!, April 24, 2005
I did not get the Obi-Wan starfighter, but I did get the Anakin. It is an awesome ship, except for the fact that the R2 I purchased just for the ship, did not fit. I don't know if they are going to make another R2 just for the ship, but the one they have now does not fit.....and that's a bummer. Besides that, the overall ship is great and a cool predecessor to the TIE fighter.

5.0 out of 5 stars dude, April 8, 2005
A Kid's Review
it is so cool i love to play with the new obiwan starfighter every day if you get the new obiwan figure dont put the spare lightsaber in the ship it will get stuck

Rate and Discover Movies