From the Back Cover
Star Trek: The Next Generation
returns to Blu-ray in spectacular high-def with the second season featuring:
- All 22 second season episodes, brilliantly retransferred from original film elements into Hi-Def
- Also includes an extremely rare, extended version of “The Measure of a Man,” widely regarded as one of the best Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes.
- Long lost first cut of episode reconstructed in high definition with extended scenes including new visual effects and audio mixes.
- “Hybrid extended cut" using the high-definition version of the original television episode, plus rough VHS video of deleted scenes and different camera angles from that episode's "lost" first cut.
- Amazing visual effects, painstakingly re-created from original film elements.
- A wealth of exclusive special features
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season Two
travels warp speed into the next realm of adventure. Under the leadership of Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart), the Enterprise faces a season of new changes and big challenges. With Dr. Crusher on sabbatical, Chief Medical Officer Katherine Pulaski (Diana Muldaur) fills in. And Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg) arrives as 10 Forward’s wise El-Aurian bartender. This voyage explores watershed moments, including Riker (Jonathan Frakes) experiencing the Klingon culture, Data (Brent Spiner) defending his humanity and the introduction of the Borg, a species of terrifying cybernetic conquerors threatening the fate of intelligent life. Presented for the first time on Blu-ray in 1080p high definition and digitally remastered 7.1 sound, this mission is not to be missed.