Star Trek - Insurrection (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Over 2 hours of new special features:
- Text commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda
- Behind-the-scenes production featurettes
- Creating the Illusion: shuttle chase; Drones; Duck Blind
- The Star Trek Universe: Westmore's Aliens; Star Trek's Beautiful Alien Women
- Archives: story board and photo gallery
- Theatrical and teaser trailers
- Original promotional featurette
Top Customer Reviews
Most of these reviews of Insurrection damn the film with faint praise. It wasn't this, it wasn't that. The Federation wouldn't do this. There's petty squabbles about legal points, etc. Writer Michael Piller clearly uses Star Trek Insurrection, much as Roddenberry did, as a soapbox to decry the injustices visited upon others. Usually he'd use Star Trek as a analogy of what had occurred in the past or present.
The next to last installment in the "Trek" film franchise, "Star Trek: Insurrection" received a bad rap from the very beginning. Despite the fact that it was scripted by one of the series best writers (Michael Piller a producer and writer on "The Dead Zone") and directed by series vet/actor Jonathan Frakes the film was seen as disappointing as a follow up to the action driven "Star Trek: First Contact". While the film certainly lacks the intensity of "First Contact", the humor and thoughtfulness that drove some of the best episodes of the TV series remain remarkably intact. "Insurrection" certainly is much, much closer to an expanded bigger budget TV episode but it is by no means a bad "Trek" film.
Data (Brent Spiner) while on a covert mission to gather information on an alien race called the Ba'ku malfunctions and exposes the mission to the natives. It seems that the radiation belt that surrounds the planet is a fountain of youth reversing aging for those that live there. The Federation in collaboration with a race called the Son'a plan on relocating the Ba'ku so that the Federation can "harvest" the radiation belt and use it to cure people of illnesses. The leader of the Son'a Ru'afo (F.Read more ›
Here are the extras that will be in this 2-disc DVD set:
The movie, presented in widescreen and enhanced for 16:9 TVs. Audio options include: Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1, and French Dolby Surround.
Text Commentary by Michael Okuda and Denise Okuda.
It Takes a Village
Location, Location, Location
The Art of "Insurrection"
Anatomy of a Stunt
The Story of "Insurrection"
The Star Trek Universe
Star Trek's Beautiful Alien Women
Creating the Illusion
Behind-the-scenes footage of sequences filled with action and visual effects
The Duck Blind
Disabling the Injector
Original Promotional Featurette
Borg Invasion 4-D Trailer
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just like watching an extended episode of "The Next Generation" series, nothing more!Published 1 month ago by Suntsu
It feels like a long episode instead of a film, but other than that it's pretty solid. Very nice balance of serenity and bloodlust, and interesting moral questions raised... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jared H.
I love this show! It is one of the better star trek movies in my opinion.Published 2 months ago by T. Haderlie
It's a Star Trek TNG movie so I had to give it five stars but I gotta tell ya, if I had to hear "Doughty out. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Hunter
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Special Editions
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Two-Disc Special Editions
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Aliens
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Adventure
- Movies & TV > Star Trek