Star Trek: The Original Series: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Per Episode||Buy Season|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Agreed by both casual viewers as well as die-hard fans, the second season of "Star Trek" provides us with a multitude of favorite episodes. Two episodes in particular that are given excellent treatment and incredible updating are "The Doomsday Machine" and "The Immunity Syndrome". "The Doomsday Machine", next to "The City on the Edge of Forever" is considered one of the best from the Original Series, even in its unrefined form. The updating on this episode put it into near movie-quality, far surpassing many Star Trek episodes, includng many from other spin-off series, and even perhaps a couple of the motion pictures. An interesting effect, to me, was how the remastering of "The Immunity Syndrome" made a not-so-great episode into a spectacular episode! The 1966 effects were good at the time, but the remastering gives it a whole new sense of realism and scope.Read more ›
1. Amok Time: Spock must return to Vulcan to complete a mating ceremony.
2. Who Mourns for Adonis?: The God Apollo invites the crew to his planet. One female crew member falls in love with him.
3. The Changeling: A probe has changed from its original purpose to seek out life to a new purpose of destroying all imperfect life forms.
4. Mirror, Mirror: A transporter malfunction send Kirk, Scott, McCoy, and Uhura into an alternate universe where the Galactic Empire is based on terror, treachery, and force.
5. The Apple: A planet is beautiful but the plants shoot deadly needles and rocks explode. The peaceful inhabitants feed a computer that oppresses the culture of the planet.
6. The Doomsday Machine: When the Enterprise responds to the distress call of the U.S.S. Constellation, a Doomsday machine that has already destroyed several planets targets the Enterprise.
7. Catspaw: Kirk, Spock, and McCoy visit a Halloweenish planet with witches, black cats, fog and dungeons. An alien uses magic to persuade Kirk to leave without Scott and Sulu.
8. I, Mudd: Harry Mudd has declared himself the king of a planet populated with androids. The androids won't let him leave, so he wants someone to take his place.
9. Metamorphosis: A man thought long dead has been kept alive by an entity called "the companion".Read more ›
However, the trouble is that the Blu ray is almost too good. I can tell when the make up meshes with real skint. I can tell when a punch misses the target. In fact, the Blu Ray is so clear that you can actually see and clearly identify the stunt doubles as they are intermixed with the close up of kirk or whoever is fighting. So your interest in the Blu ray may vary. While the show's strengths in story and acting are highlighted, the weaknesses of the technology are made the more apparent. That being said, I love having the ability to watch both the new and old effects addition, as well as the slew of special features included makes this a must have for me.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I laughed and chuckled through the series. I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie but I sure love Captain James Tiberius Kirk & crew. Read more
It's been a long time since I watched the full second season of the original Star Trek but it'll be Five Stars anyway. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
The remastered space scenes are great, I'm a fan when original series ran when I was a kid and I find it as good as ever.Published 4 days ago by Wayman Walker Jr
Quite an amazing season. If you are a fan of the next generation you'll be shocked to see how many of this seasons episodes were inspiration for many of the next generations... Read morePublished 4 days ago by ecugt
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Why is this listing of Star Trek Season 2 still under review by Amazon?||
Any news Amazon? I've been waiting for months to purchase this.
Dec 27, 2011 by William Lueg | See all 6 posts
|A call to prayer: Star Trek Season Blu 1-2-3 @ $39.99 each||
Yes, Amazon, what the hell are you waiting for! You need to match Best Buy's $39.95 price on all three episodes ASAP!
Mar 4, 2010 by JOHN A S | See all 5 posts
|Best Buy has Star Trek TOS, Season Two in their ad for $59.99||
Sep 21, 2009 by John Graham | See all 5 posts
|Major Sound Problems with Star Trek Season One on Blu-Ray. Fixed For...||
I had this problem too. Choose audio option2 and that seems to clear it up somewhat. Its in the traditional mono, however. I think it's a problem between the dolby 7.1 that is on the disc and the 5.1 that my player uses.
Sep 7, 2009 by Nickolas Culpepper | See all 9 posts
|Playback problems on Panasonic DMP-BD10A and a WARNING to owners of this...||
these issues have nothing to do with any brand name. bru ray is a open spec that changes by what the movie studios puts out. I think its funny how people complain about the brand they own. This is not a dvd player with a closed spec. that you can use for 10 years. Hardware cannot be updated... Read More
Nov 5, 2010 by Paul Wood | See all 28 posts
|Star Trek Original Series re-mastered||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Classic TV
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Classics
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Classics
- Movies & TV > TV