Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Format: Amazon Instant VideoChange

on January 1, 2006
Voyager got of to a shaky start, but the seventh and final season bubbles over with the magic that makes Star Trek the phenomena that it is. The series finally, "End Game I & II" is, for me, the best Star Trek story ever. Captain Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) breaks stereotypes by being a powerful female leader who does not sacrifice her femininity in the process. She can be as diplomatic as Picard or as ruthless as Kirk without missing a beat. Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan) discovers her humanity and proves again that women can be both beautiful and powerful. The Doctor (Robert Picardo, a truly gifted actor), who's character is a hologram, adds both comic relief and expands the definition of life itself. Testing the limits of the human potential is what makes Star Trek great and this season of Voyager shows us just how powerful, alluring, and compassionate humanity can be.
on February 1, 2005
This is it. The final season of Star Trek: Voyager. With Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and The Next Generation, the later seasons suffered a little bit in the writing areas due to the writers moving to a new show. Voyager did not have this problem since "Enterprise" didn't premiere until the fall AFTER Voyager ended. The Seventh season employs some of the best writing and storytelling of the entire series. The finale is a great episode, but not perfect. There are two multi-part stories in this season that are absolutely superb. Voyager couldn't go out without bringing back the saboteur Seska for a final hurrah. Dwight Schultz reprises his role as Barclay again, and Marina Sirtis makes an appearance. The Doctor makes a controvertial holonovel. Harry Kim takes his first command and Q returns again. Another great season. Highly recommend it to Star Trek fans and others alike.

Best Episodes:

Unimatrix Zero: Part II, Imperfection, Drive, Repression, Critical Care, Inside Man, Nightingale, Flesh and Blood, Shattered, Workforce: Parts I and II, Human Error, Q2, Author Author, Homestead, Renaissance Man, Engame
on August 23, 2011
Note: I am a big Voyager fan so there will be that bias, but I am not only a Star Trek fan but one of its biggest critics.
Endgame combines a lot of plot elements. Time travel, alternate time lines, and lots of Borg action. These elements are combined very skillfully, which sometimes doesn't happen in other episodes of Voyager or other Star Trek series. So this makes for a stunningly well done end to the series.
As Endgame opens, we see scenes of the Voyager crew at home on Earth after their multi-decade journey. It's quite an emotional jolt for the Voyager viewer. And I won't spoil the plot, but key Voyager characters are deceased. Another Voyager crew member has a serious incurable mental heath disorder. But the older, grey, Janeway has an idea. Again no spoilers here, but it's an idea that will make some changes. From there, things get wild and there will be things that will stick with you for a long time.
To sum up- the plot, the action, are all integrated in an tight ball of rockin' enjoyment.
on May 31, 2010
Of all the Star Trek shows ever created, this is by far my favorite. Now that video tape is going out and DVD's are in, we are slowly adding back to our collection. Star Trek Voyager has some enduring characters, The Doctor, Seven Of Nine and Captain Janeway, the one and only female Star ship captain. Many episodes are humorous, some edgy, others revealing man's need to depend on others for survival. If you like science fiction, this is the way to go.
on September 13, 2009
I have finally completed watching the Star Trek Voyager series. I was purchasing one season a month for the last seven months and it is my opinion that this is the best of the Star Trek franchise. As for season was the best of all seven and I highly recommend this entire series to Star Trek fans and Sci-fans alike. It is great entertainment!
VINE VOICEon January 24, 2005
If you're considering buying Season 7 of Voyager you're most likely a fan of the show, so I won't bore you with my opinions of the various episodes except to say that the overwhelming majority were well written with excellent performances by the cast. Speaking of the performances, I really appreciated the extra feautures (especially the commentary of Robert Picardo) as they give fans a brief inside look at the actors and their feelings about their performances and the show itself. The other features about various creation and production aspects of the show were also worth watching.

Season 7 is my first DVD set from Voyager (I'm collecting DS9 and have the first three years). I skipped to season 7 of Voyager as I was overseas during its airing and missed many episodes. It was great to see some 'new' episodes. I enjoyed Voyager 7 so much that I'm putting my DS9 collection on hold am now working backwards on up Season 6.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2011
I know I've said this for Seasons 5 and 6, but we sure focus on episodes around the Doctor and/or Seven this season. Season 7 is kinda weird, in the fact that obviously being the last season, there are things that happen that really throw the crew off course, namely "Workforce I and II" and "Drive". On the plus side for focusing so heavily on those two characters, it's nice to see that we really stretch out their characters, to see just how human a Hologram and a former Borg can be. The best episodes this season include "Unimatrix Zero II," "Imperfection," "Shattered," "Repentance," "The Void," "Q2," "Renaissance Man," and of course the Series Finale "Endgame." To touch on some of this, "Shattered" is a great story, that takes us to various pasts and futures of Voyager, with Commander Chakotay being the only person able to safely traverse the ship. "The Void" continues the story from "Night" in Season 5, but much darker. Q returns with his son in "Q2" and Endgame is masterful piece of work. Sort of like "All Good Things," in a way.
on October 21, 2004
I was raised on TOS, it was with excitement that I awaited STNG, as well as STDS. While I enjoyed STNG I accepted it slowly and only because of the characters whom I seemd to connect with. DS9 not so much, it became a soap opera to me and I couldn't follow or relate to the war story line at the time. But then came Voyager. My shining star in the Delta Quadrant. I go against every die hard TOS fan I have ever met when I say this is my all time favorite. Never have I enjoyed a series more, and the last season while peppered with some rather slow stories, ended the way I had always imagagined. Voyagers actors and techincal staff (writers, producers, directors, editors) should be commended for the level of stories that were told throughout it's lifespan. The final season came way to early in my opinion and I think that Paromount is sadly mistaken in it's choice to not use the characters in a motion picture. Give Voyager a chance and revel in it's creative and supremely implemented stories. Go Kathy!
on September 11, 2011
The rating is based on my personal feelings, and may not reflect stellar performances or impeccable writing. Still, as a stew of actors, writing, premise, and imagination, this was a brilliant series that was over, in my opinion, long before it's time.

It is a sad ending with what I felt was too short a finale. Personally, I was hoping for a season 8, 9, and 10, but then we might have been treated to a bunch of Stargate SG-1-esque final chapters. No thank you! (Shame on you Ben Browder and Claudia Black! You killed off Farscape, and then you had to kill SG1, too? Just kidding... or am I?)

Perhaps this would have been a good place to end the Voyager series. The creators were leading up to it in several previous episodes; the regular communication with Star Fleet, the loss of key characters, the lack of major threats on the road ahead. Yes, we could have seen a return of the Borg, the Hirogen, the Vidiians, the Kazon, any of the other recurring threats, or even a new threat with similar tactics.

The problem was that, like Harry said when asked why he was still such a low rank for a bridge officer, "It's a small ship. There are only so many positions available." I think this rang true with the characters, there was little more you could do with them that did not threaten to deviate from their most endearing qualities. Perhaps they went out when fans still thought of them as interesting, and not old folks stuffed into uniforms bursting at the seams, their knees rickety and their actions stiff.

Then again, I miss the characters and wish that some attempt at a collaboration would have ensued. A Star Trek movie doesn't always have to be based on a ship called Enterprise. I remember quite a few movies where the Enterprise was merely a footnote or a McGuffin for the chase.

I enjoyed the Voyager cast's performances and thought they executed their roles well. Still, this show had problems. For one thing, I thought the writers or directors had some sort of difficulty in dealing with the characters and popularity. Kes, and her actor, Jennifer Lien, should not have been let go just to bring on Jeri Ryan's Seven of Nine. The problem was that the role both characters filled was the fish-out-of-water mentor-needing alien who would help to highlight Captain Janeway's wisdom and her human fallibility. What to do with Kes if Seven suddenly has all those lines? It's not like Kes was appearing in every episode. It seemed the show's creators were loathe to use her, but were contractually obligated to do so. They would haul her out to do make some obscure reference, ask a critical question, or give the other characters a much-needed nudge in the right direction, and then shove her back in the closet.

In the end of the franchise, however, it seemed that Star Trek had a case of "boobie fever". I think Jeri Ryan is an exceptional actor, and if her singing was real, vocalist as well. However, I don't think any of that got her a job. She had two great references up front, and one "behind" her. Star Trek: DS9 did the same thing, and it always seems to come when the writing becomes the weakest.

One last gripe from me was a true "Where are they now?" epilogue of events. Did the Maquis crew members find absolution on Earth? Did Seven of Nine run off, shave her hair, don an orange toga and become a Buddhist? Did Janeway take her new beau to a red carpet movie premier and make her old fiance jealous? Did Tuvok take up tennis, or the Doctor insight a holo-revolution?

THAT could have been the movie right THERE! The Doc meets up with his mining dopple-gangers and finds an eager audience, at first. But then, the holo-slaves (Note- Why didn't Janeway use Commander Data's battle for recognized sentience as a precedent in the Doctor's case?)decide to spread out and take out posts all over the Neutral Zone, go back in time, rob Tuvok of his Katra, which would be installed in Lt. Paris, B'ellana's babe, Kuvah'magh, could be left on a planet experiencing hyper-evolution and become an instant adult, go back to the M-class planet and become the emperor of the New Klingon Empire, Delta Quadrant Division. Janeway can get assimilated again, become Kathcutus of Borg, lead an assault of the Gamma Quadrant against the remnants of the Dominion and its Founders, and Captain Sisko can provide the McGuffin or Deus Ex Machina that will save the day. Moral of the story, don't give up the writing ghost. There's lots of stuff that can still be done, and it doesn't all have to be wiped out by that modern Star Trek reboot's time-screw debacle.

Star Trek: Voyager, we miss you. We hope you come back in some form, but if not, at least we have these episodes to keep us entertained.
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2007
Wake up Paramount! Take a cue from your sales on the STTNG sets. Now that you have finally come to your senses and dropped the prices on the sets to where they should have been in the FIRST PLACE, I would imagine that all of the hold-outs (like me) are now buying them.

See, it works like this, 30 minute shows on DVD, for a season, have earned a fair market price of $25-35. So, since Star Trek episodes are an hour long, that means a fair doubling of the price puts it into the $50-70 range. So, $60 is your sweet spot.

You will be able to take in the obsessive fans with your initial insane pricing points, but everyone else looks at your current price tags, especially with the shoddy packaging that you are still foisting on us, and just laughs and waits for the inevitable price drop. So, do us all a favor and fire your marketing and sales people, drop the price to where it is supposed to be, and earn your sales. Nobody sane is going to pay more than $60 for a season of an hour long/episode TV show on DVD, period!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse