Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on May 28, 2014
I mean look at it! How cool is that? I had my eye on this coat for a while trying to justify when and how to buy it. Then for my birthday my parents asked if I wanted something practical or fun. My eyes lit up as I exclaimed "a wookie coat!". It is both fun and practical.

I was a little hesitant to wear it out in the public at first, fearful of name calling and someone thinking it was made from real fur. But I dawned it and went to the premier of Captain America. People would stare at first and then realize what it was and a smile would burst across their face. Some people would try the wookie call and laugh, others would come up and want to touch it and look it over. It's a real conversation starter so if you're on the shy side, I would recommend leaving it at home.

Now about the actual coat. For what it is, it's actually rather light. But it gets warm and it gets warm fast. My love for Star Wars surpasses my living in Southern California, so I won't be wearing it around much, but every chance I get I will. I was expecting the bottom hem to be more form fitting but it just kind of hangs around. Maybe mine is just bunk, because the one in the photo looks pretty good. I also get a hair ball every time I wear the coat, but I don't mind.
review image review image
0Comment34 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2013
First off, as a lot of reviews have mentioned, size up. I'm 6'1" about 210lbs and normally grab Large. Based on reviews I picked up an XL and even it is a little tight, but I'm on a diet now, so I hope to shrink into it a little better. So keep that in mind. Sizing up two sizes might even be necessary for some.

That being said the other thing to consider is how many comments and Wookie growling (I've learned there are not very many people who do a good Wookie growl) you'll get walking around in what is essentially a "fur" coat. Luckily I work in a pretty nerdy industry so everyone at work loves it (and if they don't they're just haters). :P When out in public though, you're going to get looks, whether someone immediately recognizes the bandolier or not. You'll be hearing a lot of "nice hoodie" comments. The question is whether they're saying it legitimately because they "get it", or they're saying it sarcastically because they think you're just some guy in a fur coat. Haha. Either way, embrace your inner Wookie because this hoodie is awesome! :)
44 comments25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
I typically wear a medium, or a large if the clothing runs small. I have had to purchase a medium and a large and neither fit. I am waiting on an x-large now. Be mindful of the sizes. Very cool hoodie though, it seems to be a decent quality and should be very warm.
X-large came and even this feels like it could be bigger. I think it may be the nature of the jacket, it has the restricting feel of a suit jacket because it is multiple layers. My brother got it for Christmas and literally wears it everywhere. He has been using it in lieu of a winter jacket; I cant see it being warm enough but he swears it is.
11 comment11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
The XXL is a perfect fit!

I am a large person: 6'3" 250lbs Heavy up top (barrel chested)
I was a little worried that it wouldn't fit because of all the reviews, so I'm
guessing they must have fixed the sizing issue.

It looks awesome!
on April 17, 2014
This hoodie is a regular fit. It does not run small. I've read some reviews and they have said that the sizes run smaller so order a size up. I normally wear mens medium (5'9" 185#) and I ordered the large. When I tried on the large, it's loose all around. Will return it for a medium.
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2013
I purchased this for my brother for Christmas and he put it on and didn't take it off until it was spring and to hot to wear a hoodie. It is comfortable, fits well, and is by far the geekiest thing i could find for my geek brother. Love this gift and i am thinking about getting the R2D2 one for myself
on February 16, 2014
When you walk outside with this, on the town, at the store, to the movies, you name it - people are gonna look at you. Some will even yell "I LOVE YOUR JACKET!!!", and some are gonna come up to you and ask where you got it.

At first it does feel a bit awkward, because to people that don't get the reference or don't see the signature Chewie "shoulder strap", you're gonna look like a guy wearing a pageant faux fur coat.

But who cares, when you pimp yourself out with nerdilicious badness like this!
on April 24, 2014
I purchased the hoodie for my son - both of us being Star Wars Freakies. Unfortunately, there is quite a discrepancy between American and European sizing and even tho we ordered a Medium (he is an adult, 1,80cm tall...) it was...really big.
We sent it back. By the way, eccellent Returns protocol. We have ordered a Small and hope it fits better.
Worth the money, very cute, conversation piece for sure.
Please think about reviewing you sizing charts and check for accuracy...just to avoid send backs.

Thanks! Great service! LOVE AMAZON!
on May 10, 2014
First off, I am a Medium in some things and a large in others. I ordered the medium and it is pretty spot on. I'm about 5'9" 175lbs. If your taller I would get a large.

The fabric is Very high quality. It feels great wearing it. I am amazed at the quality. Super warm, but I'm in Washington so I'll be able to use it all but 2 months out of the year.

Super fast delivery. I ordered it Thursday evening, it arrived Saturday morning.

The only thing bad I can say about it is the pockets....they are placed in an odd spot, slightly farther back on the coat than the average hoodie, but it does not stop the awesome flowing freely from this hoodie.
on November 18, 2014
Got this on Halloween so perfect timing. It is thicker than I thought it would be. More of a jacket than a hoodie but its fantastic for the cold weather. Keeps you warm! Im 6'3, 223lbs and the XL is perfect fit. After reading some reviews I was worried that it would be too small and happy thats not the case.

Like others have said, the pockets could be better as they dont hold items as great as they should. A inside pocket or zippers on the outside pockets would be cool, but I love it none the less. Lots of comments!