5.0 out of 5 stars Easier than I thought.
Published on May 20, 2012 by L. Ann

3.0 out of 5 stars tricky for a 6 year old
My 6yo son who loves star wars got frustrated making the flyers. My 8 year old managed to build one. It's good that it has several extra flyers just incase you mess up on one or you want to make a whole battalion of flyers. It came with pre-cut invisible tape which is very convenient for me. I has good quality. I would have given it 5 stars if it were for me to...
Published 21 months ago by J. RIGOR

5.0 out of 5 stars Easier than I thought., May 20, 2012
This review is from: Star Wars Folded Flyers: Make 30 Paper Starfighters (Klutz) (Paperback)
My boys got this as a gift. I was leery since they are 5 and 6 1/2; I thought it might be too difficult for them. Our 6 year old can do all his own folding, but just needs help with the directions. Our 5 year old needs someone near by to help with the folding. But both boys made excellent finished products. Decent scissor skills is helpful, or have the adult cut out the pieces first. Honesty, I was surprised at how easy these are to put to together.

What I like most about this book is that you can make several of the same ships so we have three X-wing fighters flying around our house right now. So if you have several kids at home that would like this, one book will do you. A word of advise, make sure you have a roll of tape before beginning. Tape is really how these ships come together and stay together.

Our boys love the detail on these. The printing is good and the finished product has detail like the ships in the movies. It's not generic like I thought they would be. The X-wing fighter has an R2 riding along! We have made 3 different ships and both our boys completed (with help with directions) without any frustration!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours and hours of fun., August 6, 2012
This book was awesome. It has pull-out pages with 30 amazing airplane -, actually, 30 spaceships from the Star Wars movies. Each one has a few information pages about the specific ship, the pilot and the ship, weapons and defense, and how it does in battle. Then there is a series of pages showing how to create the ship. It will be awesome fun for young and young at heart. The ships you will create are:

Naboo N-1 Starfighter
Jedi Starfighter
Millennium Falcon
BTL-B Y-Wing
Advanced X1
T-35 X-Wing

You have pull-out pages to make 5 of each of the ships. This book will provide hours of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique book for a Star wars collector, February 5, 2012
This book was very interesting and the starfighters were easy enough for a young adult to assemble. It is a must have for a Star Wars collector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great rainy day fun, July 17, 2012
Some of these are a little more complicated than others, but my 6 year old can usually do them alone. There is cutting involved, but the finished flyers are awesome. They have all the cool star wars detail, not just the shapes. Lots of fun for indoor crafts that don't make a big mess.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool product, February 27, 2013
This is a neat product and something a little different for Star Wars fans; however, these planes are hard to actually put together. Not for a young kid at all, and even an adult would need patience to create one of these suckers. Still, overall a really neat, inexpensive Star Wars gift - just not for a 6 year old!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, but more difficult than I expected, December 22, 2012
This is neat, but as soon as I opened it up I realized this was way more advanced than I had thought. It does say on the book for 10 and up, which I hadn't noticed or it hadn't been advertised in the description. (Probably the former!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool flyers!, January 13, 2014
It is really cool how well these mirror the actuals. And they fly too!

My six year old was so excited to get these and only needs a little help every now and then. The instructions and planes have color coding to assist with which fold gets folded when.

4.0 out of 5 stars good item, February 13, 2014
my 6 year old son is engrossed for hrs making planes with it, which according to me is the real test for any such items. It comes with easy instructions. Arrived on time., have no issues with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars They really do fly, January 29, 2013
At our house, this is a two-man (two-kid) operation. It's especially good if Grandpa is here -- he's very good at folding.

One kid pulls the pages out of the book and slowly reads the directions. The other kid folds and tapes and figures the thing out. Then they switch. There are enough papers in the book to make multiples of each flyer.

And oh, yes. They do fly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic Star Wars ships that really fly, January 7, 2014
dufferace (Houston, Tx USA) - See all my reviews
The Star Wars ships in this book are very authentic looking paper replicas and they really fly well. Instructions are clear and easy to follow with a little adult help (perfect for grand parents with 4 to 10 year old grandkids - they do most of the work and we just help them get through the tough spots). There are multiple copies of each model so even if you mess one up you can build another. One note of caution: as the instructions make clear, it is necessary to be precise in your folds to produce a good flyer.

Star Wars Folded Flyers: Make 30 Paper Starfighters (Klutz)
Star Wars Folded Flyers: Make 30 Paper Starfighters (Klutz) by Benjamin Harper (Paperback - March 1, 2012)
$19.99 $16.97
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.