Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 20, 2012
My boys got this as a gift. I was leery since they are 5 and 6 1/2; I thought it might be too difficult for them. Our 6 year old can do all his own folding, but just needs help with the directions. Our 5 year old needs someone near by to help with the folding. But both boys made excellent finished products. Decent scissor skills is helpful, or have the adult cut out the pieces first. Honesty, I was surprised at how easy these are to put to together.

What I like most about this book is that you can make several of the same ships so we have three X-wing fighters flying around our house right now. So if you have several kids at home that would like this, one book will do you. A word of advise, make sure you have a roll of tape before beginning. Tape is really how these ships come together and stay together.

Our boys love the detail on these. The printing is good and the finished product has detail like the ships in the movies. It's not generic like I thought they would be. The X-wing fighter has an R2 riding along! We have made 3 different ships and both our boys completed (with help with directions) without any frustration!
on January 29, 2013
At our house, this is a two-man (two-kid) operation. It's especially good if Grandpa is here -- he's very good at folding.

One kid pulls the pages out of the book and slowly reads the directions. The other kid folds and tapes and figures the thing out. Then they switch. There are enough papers in the book to make multiples of each flyer.

And oh, yes. They do fly.
review image
on February 14, 2015
My 9-year-old received this but his 12-year-old brother is equally enthusiastic about it. During the first two days they've had it, they've spent hours making the starfighters and flying them. The preprinted paper for the flyers is just the right weight and texture, and the designs are beautifully detailed. And they fly really well! An unexpected but added bonus: the book is much bigger than we expected; each of the six models has a couple of pages highlighting the model's pilot (Luke, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, etc.) as well as the specs of the actual starfighter in the films, which made for entertaining reading. They even included a page of pre-cut tape pieces, making this a great travel item since it's all included. A lot of work and care went into the development of this book; this is the second Klutz kit we've bought and we're very impressed with the high quality and the sheer joy of creative fun which shines through the company's products.
on January 13, 2014
It is really cool how well these mirror the actuals. And they fly too!

My six year old was so excited to get these and only needs a little help every now and then. The instructions and planes have color coding to assist with which fold gets folded when.
on August 6, 2012
This book was awesome. It has pull-out pages with 30 amazing airplane -, actually, 30 spaceships from the Star Wars movies. Each one has a few information pages about the specific ship, the pilot and the ship, weapons and defense, and how it does in battle. Then there is a series of pages showing how to create the ship. It will be awesome fun for young and young at heart. The ships you will create are:

Naboo N-1 Starfighter
Jedi Starfighter
Millennium Falcon
BTL-B Y-Wing
Advanced X1
T-35 X-Wing

You have pull-out pages to make 5 of each of the ships. This book will provide hours of fun.
on July 17, 2012
Some of these are a little more complicated than others, but my 6 year old can usually do them alone. There is cutting involved, but the finished flyers are awesome. They have all the cool star wars detail, not just the shapes. Lots of fun for indoor crafts that don't make a big mess.
on February 5, 2012
This book was very interesting and the starfighters were easy enough for a young adult to assemble. It is a must have for a Star Wars collector.
on February 13, 2014
my 6 year old son is engrossed for hrs making planes with it, which according to me is the real test for any such items. It comes with easy instructions. Arrived on time., have no issues with it.
on June 1, 2016
I stumbled upon this product while looking for something else and so glad that I did. I feel like it's a great price for how many sheets you get that turn into flyers. This would be great for a family with multiple kids or just a group of kids because there's several (5 I think?) of each flyer. They really do work...but they all fly differently. Definitely not your traditional paper airplane flyer! I know some of these reviews said that kids can create these themselves. I'd say it depends on the age and patience level of the child because you have to construct these "just so." Reminds me a bit a bit or origami (although it has lines and detailed instructions for how to assemble). Definitely doable for a crafty and/or patient adult who can follow written directions.
on May 24, 2013
My son suddenly developed a fear of flying in so far as he didn't think something as big and awkward as a jet passenger plane could actually fly. Nevermind the fact that we live close enough to LAX for him to see airplanes taking of and landing at least once a week when we drive past the airport. So I got this book of paper airplanes to see if making a flat sheet of paper fly could change his mind back in time for a decent summer vacation. He's 5 and his sister is 7 and they both loved the paper planes in this book. The star wars designs are pretty cool, and the simpler models they could each fold on their own with a little help from me. The more complicated ones, like the Falcon and TIE Advanced, I ended up doing most of the folding and cutting, but the kids still enjoyed playing with them.

As far as my son's fear of flying, I have no idea if the book did the trick or what, but he wants to get on a plane now.