Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Star Wars Merchandise - R2D2 LED Alarm Clock (Size: 5" x 6")
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 26, 2012
I received this as a Christmas gift and I'm somewhat disappointed with it. First it's not as large as I thought, but that's my own fault because the size is clearly listed on the website. My biggest complaint is that the clock part of the unit is so very small, it's hard to read. And the projection isn't displayed at all times (like other projection alarm clocks I have had). That means I have to push the button to have it projected and when I do R2 makes noise. If, during the night, I wanted to see what time it was I would have to push the button and the noise would wake up my partner. (I realize that most people who have this aren't adults and don't share a bed.)

Ideally this would be just a smidgeon bigger, with a plug so that the projection could be displayed at all times. Then the noise would only sound when the button was pushed-as to not wake up any other sleeping person nearby.

However the detailing is fantastic, and I like how all three legs move so that you can position him exactly the way you want.
on August 25, 2012
My son still wakes up to this clock every morning. It really does project the time on the wall and it really does sound like R2D2. But it isn't a toy and shouldn't be played with like one. When we received it there was were no English instructions but setting the time and alarm was still pretty easy. Only downside is that you can't set the days you want it to wake you, it's all or nothing.
on January 12, 2013
I read a bunch of bad reviews about his little guy, so I was a bit skeptical. However, when it arrived, there was an insert with English directions. Very well laid out and easy to understand. The projection, only works, when the small white panel is pushed. I imagine this is to save battery life, since there's no electrical cord with it. My son and I, enjoy pushing his white panel button, to hear him "talk" and chatter. Well pleased with R2D2.
on December 9, 2013
The clock is cute and is Aesthetically great for my decor, but the clock is not very functional in my opinion. The one I got was part of the last bit of stock, so it was not a very great specimen. I had to replace the batteries it came with and the tiny LCD screen numbers were illegible at some points.

My biggest complaint: The clock does NOT project, unless the alarm is going off. The LCD is too small to see the time during the day unless you're a foot from it and squint... I needed the ceiling projection so i cn tellt he time at night... not possible; it'll only project when the alarm is sounding.

This is only good as a vanity item, not a functional clock OR projection clock.
on April 19, 2016
I was very disappointed in this item. It only projects the time if you are pushing the button. It also makes a lot of R2D2 noises, so I couldn't keep it in my child's room. It is a cute little R2D2 that we no longer use as a clock buy as a toy. At least I got something out of it.
on September 2, 2015
8 year old loves it- favorite birthday gift. FYI - Does not move head or feet (can be manually repositioned) & can only get sound/light with pressing demo or when alarm goes off. Hard for my son to set clock/alarm, very small display & old-school 2 button functions (like old wristwatches used to be). Still great gift at good price for avid Star Wars fan.
on November 13, 2014
for R2D2 its awesome As a projection clock it sorta defeats the point. you have to press him into showing you the clock and when you use that ability He talks and he shows you the time so you wake everyone up.
on May 8, 2016
Much smaller than expected. Furthermore, the wall projection feature is NOT able to be 'constant on,' instead only turning on when the alarm is actually going off, or you are testing the alarm with the button on the front. No option to project silently and constantly. Small LCD clock on front is very difficult to see when just waking, and not backlit at all. Alarm is difficult to set. Very cute and accurate depiction of R2-D2, but functionally, it is not well made in the least. Great as a novelty, but not as a useful alarm clock.
on January 27, 2013
This was a Christmas gift for a very smart 9-year-old who loves Star Wars. He is totally impressed now with Nana and Papa's gift-giving ability because of the time reflecting on the wall. Love the noises it makes.
on December 9, 2014
Thought it would reflect time on ceiling all the time. Only for alarm. The clock part is hard to see, numbers are so small . But it is a nostalgia gift for my married daughter for xmas. So hopefully she will like it.