5.0 out of 5 stars Clear up some misleading information - Great starter kit
Published on November 30, 2009 by Ken Randall

3.0 out of 5 stars it's okay
It is HUGE. I should have looked at the fine print. It to much work to put together. If it were a father and son putting this together as a father-son-moment, yeah sure totally fun. I should have just ordered an ornament. HA. Oh well, it still looks pretty awesome in my timey wimey space room complete with starwars, star trek, doctor who, disney, and marvel. Shipped...
Published 4 months ago by Laurie Ann Ahart

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear up some misleading information - Great starter kit, November 30, 2009
Ken Randall "Ken" (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit (Toy)
I was looking for a "reasonably priced" copy of the Millennium Falcon for my 4 year old - who has discovered Star Wars in a big way this year. At first, reading the one negative review of this model, I was of course concerned about the quality of the model. I did a quick YouTube search and actually found a kid who had constructed this exact kit and and was very pleased to show off ALL it's attributes. [...]
Contrary to the one poor review, this is a model kit - it is a SnapTite style Revell Star Wars -Millennium Falcon model - meaning there is never any glue required. I took a [small, calculated risk] in buying this kit and was very satisfied.

The price-performance of this model is definitely worth the money and was fun putting it together. I have been assembling model kits for over 35 years - I can honestly say this is an easy build with great looking results. A perfect introduction for young future-modelers - especially with parental guidance for the really young ones like my son.

From the time I opened the box until the moment my son had the model flying through [kitchen] space was exactly one hour - and that was with 4 year old hands "helping." Fit-n-Finish: the painted features of the model were very well done and authentic - better than I might have been able to do - certainly much more cost effectively and in much less time. The fit is a little rough in a few places, but nothing grossly out of place. In fact, several "cool" features my son appreciated were the working ramp, gun turrets and dish.

I did put a few drops of glue on the parts *after* full assembly - knowing a 4 year old can be a little rough on models - but the SnapTite design is quite rugged out of the box. For a model requiring no glue - this one is not coming apart easily. The only tools I used were a pair of kitchen scissors to clip the parts from the frames and a nail file to smooth off the burs. I usually make one clip to a few parts that I need and then let my son bend each part off the frame and hand it to me. It's great for him to feel a part of the construction process.

This is the latest, and largest, of our current collection of Revell Star Wars SnapTite models - prior to the Falcon, we have built the X-Wing, Y-Wing, Tie Fighter and Jedi Fighter. All have had exceptional paint jobs and all took less than an hour to construct. I would highly recommend all of these items in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy kit for a beginner model, November 16, 2009
Joshua (Charles Town, WV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit (Toy)
I ordered this kit after seeing a low rated review from someone not understanding what it was they actually ordered.
This kit is a plastic scale model kit intended for the beginner modeler.

The kit was well made, with minimal plastic cleanup required from the injection molding process.
The instructions were clear and the parts all snap together easy and intended.

As listed in the description, no glue or paint is required, however, you can use model cement for a more solid assembly, but keep in mind the kit is a static model and not intended to be a toy to play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars great addition to star wars collection, December 11, 2010
This review is from: Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit (Toy)
the millenium falcon(han solos baby)to me is one of the most popular iconic symbols of the star wars saga legacy.this model is very simple and fun to assemble,it is reliably accurate in color & detail minus the blast scars.i would recomend this for any one star wars fan to own or add to their collection.this display model has a few neat bonus features ...like optional landing gear pieces for landed display or enclosed hull pieces for ariel display. moveable radar dish fully positional 2 moveable blast cannons at top and at bottom of falcon a retractible boarding ramp, visible cockpit includes yours truly han solo and chewwy riding shotgun.once assembled if traveling or storing away for safe keeping will fit perfectly in original star wars kit box 11.5" W x 17" L x 3 3/4" D fully assembled model is 15" L x 11" W x 3 to 4" Tall (opt.L.gear)im very happy i made the jump to light speed with this model. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU....

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the overpriced toy version, October 18, 2010
This review is from: Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit (Toy)
I bought this for my son of 6 instead of the toy because the toy version is rediculously priced. I was a little concerned about the durability but if you use a little model glue during the assembly it turns out very durable.My son loves it and plays with it daily and it is still intact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Build a great model of the Falcon in under 12 parsecs..., February 7, 2011
This review is from: Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit (Toy)
Everyone's favorite dinged-up flying saucer. This model doesn't need glue or paint, has sharp part tooling,and has prepainted parts.

The proportions and detailing of this model are more movie-accurate than the playsets scaled to the 3 3/4 figures. However, more demanding fans will note that the side walls are too tall and the slope of the dorsal and ventral saucer plates are flatter than in the movie (I'm geeking out so sue me). For more serious modelers, a wash may bring out more panel line definition. The "real/reel" Falcon has much more detail, but for the relatively low cost and ease of assembly, Revell deserves major kudos. The opening landing hatch is a nice touch.

This model took about 2 hours in front of the tv for me to assemble. I carefully use a hobby knife to smooth the parts after cutting the parts off the sprues. Part fit was quite good without glue. Make sure you carefully follow the instructions, as there are several points of no return if you mess up. The front panels of the docking mandibles have a large number of small projections along the upper and lower borders. Be careful not to apply pressure to these areas while assembling, as they are easily shorn off. You may consider gluing the Han and Chewie figures into their seats. Han fell off his chair on my model and the canopy doesn't open so getting him seated again will be hard without breaking the model.

This model was lots of fun. It's not as "toyetic" as some other renditions of the Falcon, but is pretty easy to assemble into an attractive model. This model is not for toddlers, as one good frisbee toss will likely cause irreparable battle damage.

In summary, kids 8 and up and geeky grown-ups with limited time to detail their models will likely enjoy this model. The ease-of-construction and level of detail are well-balanced for these niches. I plan to hang this on my ceiling locked in combat with Snaptite Slave-1 which I also highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid effort by Revell, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit (Toy)
The problem with most of these "snap-together" model kits out on the market these days is that they're anything but what they say to be. That is, the fit of the parts is so bad that the model-maker ends up having to use glue anyway.

This kit is an exception. The fit is quite reasonable. Another problem with the easy kits is that the paint jobs tend to be rather poor. Again, this one appears to be an exception to the rule. Quality control -- gee, what a concept!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice model but be aware., November 8, 2011
This review is from: Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit (Toy)
I purchased and received this model and I am pleased with my purchase. It is a great way to add to a collection without costing you an arm and a leg. But be aware that the photos showing the cut away model is not what you will receive. Those photos are of a completely different product which you can see in one of the photos. I assumed what I ordered came with the cut away section. Though I was a bit diappointed I am still pleased with my purchase. They might want to think about removing those photos so no one is misled.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Model - Not a Toy and a Warning, October 15, 2010
Ok,

I ordered this from Amazon because it's really hard to find a Millenium Falcon "toy" at a reasonable price for my 4 year old and I figured that I could assemble this, teach her a bit about putting things together (if I can assemble it) and provide her something that wouldn't break my heart when she breaks it (and she will break it).

Disclaimer - This is a model though, not a toy. It is designed to be put somewhere on display and will very likely break if a child starts playing with it.

WARNING -- Some very good advanced modelers like Mirko Martinovic, have uploaded some pictures of the wonderful work that they have done with the Cutaway version of the Falcon Model (note this model is not the cutaway). Be aware that the model you're going to get does not have a cutaway of the interior. Mine didn't. So, don't go buy this model expecting a hyper realistic interior. You do get a cockpit with Chewie and Han but you don't get Luke, Obi Wan, or the interior parts.

All that said, this is a wonderful model and yes, I've already broken down and gotten the LEGO Star Wars Midi-Scale Millennium Falcon #7778, will likely wind up getting the Star Wars Galactic Heroes Playskool Millenium Falcon Adventure Set and I'm certain that one day when I'm old I'll even get the Star Wars Lego Millenium Falcon Set 7190 - Large.

Assembly time was short about an hour, no glue. I was very proud about my assembly speed until I read on the box that an 8 year old should be able to assemble this. I felt like Kramer on that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer beats up on the 8year old karate kids. Back to the model, Everything snapped into place fairly easily and I must say that it's a very nice model for the price. It also comes pre-painted - very nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good buy, September 14, 2011
This review is from: Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit (Toy)
Good detailing. Fair size. Not difficult to assemble but hould be done carefully as there are many parts and remember to assemble according to the numbers, would be confusing otherwise. Has a little 'plasticky' feel .. would have loved if it had a little metal lusture to it. Color is gray ... would have love to have it little closer the the ship in the movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars sturdy, fun to build falcon, August 3, 2011
This review is from: Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit (Toy)
First of all, this is a nicely sized model, nicely detailed, and pre-painted. My son and I spent 2 afternoons building it afterschool, and it served it's purpose perfectly - I helped him build it by cutting out the pieces and trimming them nicely, and he followed the directions to put it together himself. He gained satisfaction from accomplishing a project nicely, and the model looked great! The painted detailing is much better than anything I had as a child. Revell models are built well these days, the plastic is thick and sturdy, and the snap-tite parts are well thought out so the seams and joints hide well. Overall, I'm very impressed with this model. I also purchased a Revell Tyderian shuttle snap-tite, and it is just as impressive, with moving wings and posable canons, very nicely painted and detailed. My only critique would be that the wings should have been geared together so that they raise and lower in tandem. He plays with both ships everyday.

Star Wars Millennium Falcon Model Kit