Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on September 28, 2014
A excellent introduction to the new characters. My seven year old son and I watched this on watch Disney XD within moments of when it came out. I am the real "Star Wars Nerd" as my son calls me. (I saw the original Star Wars back in the theater when I was nine and have loved it ever since.)

We both enjoyed the playful banter that tempered the much more serious main story. Rebels is much lighter in both color and tone to the Clone Wars. While we were fans of that series, we both were ready to see a different kind of Star Wars. The colors are rich and the artwork is beautiful. Like others have commented, the animation is simpler than that of The Clone Wars but, once again, this serves to differentiate this series from its predecessor. The characters are like a family. The movie introduces each character but leaves plenty to explore.

Rebels takes place 14 years after Episode III and five years before Episode IV. It also reportedly takes place six years after A New Dawn. The Rebel Alliance has not yet formed but small cells of rebels are working independently to bring peace back to the Galaxy. The Jedi are still being hunted (by a new character named The Inquisitor.) The Empire is tightening its control over the Galaxy. And the small band of rebels aboard the Ghost are fighting back in every way they can.

NOTE: SPOILERS

While we liked all of the characters, we are especially looking forward to watching the relationship between Kanan and Ezra develop as this will be the first (and as far as we know only) Master/Padawan paring after Order 66 (and before Luke and Obi Wan/Yoda).

Overall it was a great start to our special Mom/Son night every Monday!
55 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2014
This is a nice series with a kid as a protagonist.

The Clone Wars series was well done, but the main characters were all adults.

This series is aimed at the right group -- kids, and it is just in time to get them up to speed on the franchise before the new movie comes out.

There is actual character development throughout the extended episode/pilot.

As a parent, I recommend this DVD.
on September 27, 2014
I really enjoyed myself watching this pilot. I was slightly skeptical since we were trading the great Star Wars: The Clone Wars for this. However, unlike Clone Wars, I didn't feel like I had to click on my Star Wars switch to watch this. Since I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan, I'm always eager to see their new content but I loved Spark of Rebellion purely from a cinematic standpoint. The music is rich and powerful and is smart enough to remain absent during certain parts of the movie. The characters are all really fun and interesting. Spark of Rebellion gives you just enough of each crew member to get you to like them but leave you anxious for more (when the series arrives). There are a couple moments that are enriched by knowledge of the movies and Clone Wars but it really does stand on its own. I also appreciate that it doesn't rely on any pre-established feelings fans might have about certain things (i.e. Jedi, star destroyers, etc) and chooses instead to make its own impression, independently of everything else. For this reason, I would say that whether you're an avid fan like me, looking to rekindle your love for Star Wars, or an entirely new fan, this is a great place to join. Excellent film and excellent Star Wars!
on April 9, 2015
Series premier double episode for the new STAR WARS animated series. Done by Dave Feloni and the same team that just finished THE CLONE WARS. Good story helps you to introduce these new characters in the Star Wars universe ... the crew of the Ghost ... Kanan, Hera, Sabina, Zeb, Chopper and their newest member, Ezra Bridger, plus Agent Kallus and the Inquisitor. Everything looked great except the Wookies did not look drawn that well, but the story was real good. Unfortunately, this version does not include the scene that was added for the ABC broadcast with a certain Dark Lord of the Sith. but there is a cameo from James Arnold Taylor reprising his role as Obi-wan Kenobi from THE CLONE WARS.
on April 4, 2016
Fantastic start to a great series, after purchasing this movie i went and picked up the first season on blu-ray as well.

this box even came with a collectible "ghost" space ship model that i could build! its awesome!
on January 2, 2015
Love the movie but I don't understand why it's not available on blu-ray. Disney needs to get that done. I've watched it and enjoyed it 100% but will most likely not buy it until it's released on blu-ray.
on July 19, 2015
Just keep in mind, this is only one episode. Yes, there's only one episode on this DVD. Its an awesome episode, but I think nowadays people expect at least 4 episodes on a dvd. But if you're a hardcore fan like I am and my kids are, then its not a big deal.
on May 27, 2016
Well I'm finally all caught up with Star Wars rebels. I really really really wanted to like this show but, it's crap. the only thing good is when they bring back clone wars characters, but they cheese them out so they're not as epic as they used to be both in animation and in character. Ashoka is really the only one that stayed pretty true to her original character think God but they barely use her. And the last episode of the season at least the end of it was amazing just wish the rest of the series could match that. I just don't get it, from what I understand it's the same people who made clone wars so why so sucky? I guess the only obvious reason would be "Disney"and a "Disney network cartoon" so it's basically just a cartoon not a good show. Makes me sad. And this splitting up The season and have his classic Disney money grubbing
on October 10, 2014
Sunday, October 26, 2014,"Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" is heading to ABC featuring bonus content and a special guest appearance! (This series normally airs on Disney XD on Monday evenings.

The critically-acclaimed epic adventure Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion will air on ABC on Sunday, October 26 (7:00 p.m. ET/PT). Executive producer Dave Filoni states, “We wanted to do something special for the ABC broadcast. We’ve added a scene which gives audiences insight into the Inquisitor and includes a cameo by Darth Vader voiced by the distinguished actor James Earl Jones.”

Is this added scene included on the DVD being released on 10/14/2014? No one can confirm, but it does not sound like it.

Where is the Blu-ray? (Stat Wars fans are disproportionately nerdy and likely want this show on Blu-ray.)

I had this pre-ordered and cancelled once I heard a new shot was being added to the first episode (being released on DVD as a stand-alone. 43 minute featurette) because I am not going to buy it only to have it get re-released later with this Vader scene added.

More on the show: Set between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV, the Star Wars Rebels story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet and are ruining the lives of its people. The motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost – cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, street-smart teenager Ezra, the “muscle” Zeb, warrior firebrand Sabine, and grumpy old astromech droid Chopper – will face threatening new villains, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.
on April 8, 2015
This was not bad at all.A little too childish but this was really good.This film is a great introduction to the characters for the television series.I loved it because it's not really a downer because The Clone Wars was very dark and we all know what happens to everyone.But in this show you don't know what to expect.This is a great film and tv series.I had my doubts but this is a great series!
Worth Watching!!