Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 17, 2012
Listen, the people giving this item poor reviews are morons. Here is why you should ignore them:

Reason one: Many people are leaving reviews based on their feelings about the game as a whole. This is irrelevant. Good or bad reviews about the game should be submitted for the game itself, not for this item which is merely a prepaid 60-day subscription card. It is the exactly the same as what you could buy from any other retailer.

Reason two: Many people leaving reviews are complaining about the price, the service of the seller, or the actual validity of the item received. This item is sold by many different sellers on the Amazon website. Not every seller is going to offer the product at the same price, the same shipping expense, or even necessarily be as trustworthy as Amazon themselves. None of the criticisms about the price of the time card being too high actually apply to the product being sold directly from Amazon. Amazon has always sold this product AT or BELOW the retail cost, which is $29.99.

Chances are if you are reading this review, you are already familiar with the game. By the time this review is live, the game will have introduced a restricted Free-To-Play option. Anyone considering the game can try it out for nothing, then purchase a subscription if and only if they feel they want to enjoy the game without the restrictions placed on free players.

Do the smart thing - put this item in your cart and watch the price for a while. Make sure you've chosen to purchase it from Amazon and not a 3rd party. You will notice the price can fluctuate, but will never go above $29.99. If you see it drop down to the $26-27 range, then pull the trigger and select free shipping, and you have gotten a bargain.
on April 12, 2013
This card deserves at least 5 stars for how well it performs it functions. Not only is it a solid plastic material with clearly written characters, but it is sent in a full sized plastic game case. EA pulled out all the stops for this intensly packaged 60-Day pre-paid time card, and it just goes to show how much they care about their customers. Yeah, EA may be throwing DRM in their games, and making decisions like Sim City where everything has to be connected to a server, even though it doesn't have to be, or limiting city sizes, even though it doesn't have to be, or holding out on content to release DLC, but you have to realize that they're doing this for us, and as a faithful customer for them, it's my job to show my satisfaction with a non-biased 100% truthful 5 star review of how great this plastic card fulfills it's function: by giving me a stupid code.
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2011
As an avid MMO player, game time cards are an excellent gift for the holidays. I usually ask for five or six of 'em and wind up playing most of the year for free. Please note that I also recommend you do NOT pay anything above $30 per card, as that his how much two months worth of game time costs.

Also, if you are looking for an EXCELLENT game for the PC gamer in your life, I HIGHLY recommend Star Wars: The Old Republic.
33 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2014
I gave this 5 stars because it's exactly as advertised, the code was quickly delivered, and they even sent me a file explaining how to use the code. Once I got it, I used it, and I was accepted as a subscriber nearly instantly.

If you are looking for a way to subscribe with giving them your credit card number then this way saves that, your gas to the store of your choice, and time.

Not only the things above, but subscribing once or even just getting Cartel Coins makes you a preferred member even when the subscription or coins run out. You are allowed more as a preferred customer than a free to play one.
on January 23, 2012
I picked this up because I had a Amazon giftcard and I figured this would save me a few months of fee's since I'm already playing the game.

It is what it is, as mentioned in another review. It's your standard price for a standard giftcard. It's PRIME eligible so no shipping if you have a Prime account.

As for people complaining about "just needing the code" and shipping. It's a retail boxed product. They can't open your boxed product, scratch off the code on the card, and then email it to you. That'd create too many liabilities. They offer a card. They send a card. It's an MMO.

It's not a great deal, as it's normal priced, but it's not mis-represented either.
on December 31, 2011
The Old Republic is an MMO. MMOs require that you pay in some way whether it be by monthly subscription of from buying gear/inventory space/quest lines/etc but regardless of how you pay you will pay if you want the real, true and fun experience the game offers. MMOs require a tremendous amount of time, personnel and equipment to run on a monthly basis and that means it's costing the company extra money over and above development and the price you pay to buy the game. This is why MMOs charge and if you are bothered by that you shouldn't buy or attempt to play an MMO. These cards are designed for people who don't have credit cards (kids) or loved ones of game players who would like to give them subscription time as a gift therefore there is nothing stupid about selling game play cards at no discount. It's not meant as a way to make things cheaper. It's just another way people can pay to play this fantastic game.
33 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2014
I tried to sub from the SWTOR site but it said my IP adress didn't match the country I'm registered in (United States). I checked and it is but I didn't want to wait for support. This was easier. I wasn't charged any tax. I got the game code, copy and pasted into the website and everything was good. The change to subscriber in game happened immediately. Good stuff
on May 2, 2014
I am not a huge fan of MMO's as I do not have a large amount of time or that long of an attention span to devote to leveling etc. I just like having fun with a game and feeling as though I've accomplished something while playing. This game has a lot of missions and an excellent over-arching storyline. The people playing this game are nice and very helpful even to someone as casual as me. Many other MMOs had people who would treat you like a total idiot for not knowing something that probably took them months to figure out. But this game has a lot of great people playing it. I had people I did not know or communicate with revive me without me asking and others who helped out when I did ask. It's a lot of fun and it's great to design your own character and watch him evolve as the game does. I'd highly suggest it to anyone who is a star wars fan or an mmo fan. I was sold on it rather quickly even though I usually find the games tedious and unfun. This game is also free to play but with the subscription you get access to other upgrades/storylines that are added without paying for them, while the free to players have to pay. Plus there are a lot more bonuses for you if you pay. So the subscription is the way to go. Hopefully some day it will come down in price. I moved from Ohio to Washington two years ago, and so after the move I didn't have time to play this game, so I was gone from it about a year and a half, but when I renewed my subscription everything was there and working correctly, just had to get used to a few new changes in the software but other than that everything was great. I bring this up to show how wonderfully organized everyone seems to be who are involved in this game. It's a fun way to spend a few hours online. And an enjoyable overall gaming experience as we... I'd highly recommend it.
on July 23, 2013
I enjoy playing SWtoR and want the subscriber benefits. I do not want them having my credit card. The second I enter the code for the card I became a subscriber again and got the benefits. I like paying this way because Amazon has them on sale every now and then and can save a few bucks. I don't have to worry about another company having my credit card info. With all the different things online it becomes difficult to keep track of every place that has my credit card on file.
VINE VOICEon March 24, 2014
Star Wars: The Old Republic 60-Day Pre-paid Time Card [Online Game Code] is exactly what it says it is--an code you get online, instantly after purchase, that you can then redeem using your SWTOR account for 60 days of subscription game time. It does not directly give you any in-game currency, although being under subscription status will make you eligible for the 500 cartel coins grant each month. You'll also get to use more characters, go into flash points without having to pay for the privilege with cartel coins, sometimes even allow early access to new game features.

The major benefits for choosing the online game code over other versions, in my humble opinion, are as follows: 1) Instant download--within seconds you have your game code, can redeem it using your account, and get to playing your game. No need for driving, waiting at the checkout, opening a nice shinny package only to dump it in the trash a few minutes later (although the physical cards are kinda cool for a moment...but still go into the trash can). 2) Not having to use your credit card with yet another vendor that might lose your data or have it stolen. 3) Low price (second lowest price I've seen, ever, for this item. Other time was on clearance, they didn't know what they were selling, I got lucky). Other than that, buying a subscription by any method allows you to be a preferred member even after subscription ends, so there is an added benefit there as well.