Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on April 17, 2011
In comparison to the old Ertl Star Destroyer kit, this model is an excellent successor! It fits together very well, isn't very difficult to build and looks excellent when complete even before painting. Contrary to what the description reads, this kit requires paint IF you want it to look more realistic like in the film. I do recommend painting it as it makes it look leaps and bounds better. I've been a big fan of the Tamiya tank kits and this kit does not pale in comparison as far as details and the feel of it when complete, it feels very solid.

Must have for all Star Wars modelers and scale modelers in general!
on August 31, 2009
Very nice model. NOT A TOY! Clean mold lines and good detail. Easy to assemble, painting is a different story. Lots of detail and three or four different shades of gray. Overall very good model.
on May 20, 2013
I really like this model kit for what it is but it's kind of annoying that they couldn't add some more details to it. It's a good model to look at from 6 ft away or more. Up close it's rather barren and lazy.

My kit came with two bottom pieces and no top (the largest pieces in the kit). I contacted revell for a replacement and although they're terrible and rude communicators, I did get my replacement within a week of requesting it. Just don't expect any pleasant people on the other end and don't expect to be properly notified about the status and shipping of your replacement parts. But with replacement parts being free, it's hard to complain too much about it.
on July 16, 2008
1st...is not exacly a toy...is a model to build :-) and fun, be sure to supply yourselft with the paint, glue and instruments to have it done right
on October 27, 2012
This is an amazing kit, very sturdy and the parts fit together so well. The amount of detail they put into this kit is impressive and the finished model is large and has real heft to it. The "no paint needed" bit is a lie, the kit comes in a not very accurate grey. It comes with simple decals but loads of opportunities for detail painting.
review image review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2012
Not complicated to assemble, but if you want it to look like the version on the box....well it will take some time and a steady hand with the paint brush.
on March 1, 2013
A common issue with this kit is that you get two upper hulls and does not have a bottom hull (confirmed this with Revell). You need a receipt, copy of the page showing the missing part, and the UPC from the box. Mail these in and you will get the missing part free of charge.

Overall, the model kit looks to have great detail. Going as far as having recessed panel lines!

Apply a really good paint job and this thing will impress all your friends.
on February 23, 2013
I have always built lego models, but considering I am 18 now I decided to move on. This was the first model I built, and was fairly easy! Its a great model about 20 inches long, now only if I could paint....
on January 15, 2013
I bought this model kit as a holiday gift for my boyfriend. The model itself is fine, that isn't why I'm giving it 3 stars, but the problem is that our box was missing a piece and gave us a duplicate of another piece. I understand that mistakes happen and we will be contacting the company directly to solve the issue, but I'll be wary about purchasing something like this again in the future.
on September 2, 2013
It's a really cool model. Very detailed and it was exactly as it was described. Wish they would make a super star destroyer model

See 1 answered question