5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Published on July 17, 2010 by Demosthenes

2.0 out of 5 stars based on past experience expected more but got less

Published on December 3, 2010 by Experienced Shopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, July 17, 2010
This review is from: Star Wars: A Scanimation Book: Iconic Scenes from a Galaxy Far, Far Away... (Hardcover)
I've always been intrigued and impressed by the Scanimation line of animated picture books. Their lo-fi eye candy is especially compelling in todays increasingly digital world. As soon as I saw the Star Wars edition today, I bought it on the spot at a local bookstore. After I signed my slip I realized I was so blown away by the product I forgot to check the price before I bought it.

Like all Scanimation books, the pictures are small in scope but big on animation. the animation is provided by alternating bands of tint, a very cool effect. Even the presence of several (3 or 4) scenes from the most recent three movies did not detract significantly from my enjoyment.

An excellent book for any fan of any of the three movies, or pop-up/childrens book collectors.

2.0 out of 5 stars based on past experience expected more but got less, December 3, 2010
Star Wars: A Scanimation Book: Iconic Scenes from a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

This was bought for my 7 year old grandson. I purchased it because I had also bought this author's other 3 scanimation books, Waddle, Gallop and Swing for his 3 year old brother. The first 3 books were excellent and very unique. My grandson's older brother even got a kick out of looking at them. These books are made so that when you turn the page and move it back and forth the pictures actually move. These books should be considered board books since the pages are thick and cannot be bent or creased. Based on the above I decided to purchase the Star Wars Scanimation book by the same author. I was somewhat disappointed when it arrived. First of all the pictures are not that clear and most of them look like moving blobs. There is no story but instead the book contains quotes from the different Star Wars movies. If a child has not seen the movies the quotes mean nothing and the moving blobs mean even less. I would highly recommend buying this authors first 3 scanimation books that I listed above. This one cannot be compared to the others when it comes to quality. Very big disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great animation book!, July 5, 2010
My only complaint is that some of the pictures are very dark and hard to see. That said, my son (35 years) and my grandson (3 years) absolutely love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars How cool is this!, July 13, 2010
I saw this at B&N and had to get it for my star wars loving daughter (5). She absolutely loves it and loves reading the quotes too. I think it is pretty darn cool myself! I agree with the other review that the images are a little dark but I still think it's a great book and will be buying another for my best friend's son for his birthday. Oh, and buy it from Amazon, they sell it for $5 less than B&N. I had a gift card though and had to use it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dueling Light Sabres, May 27, 2010
A great new scanimation book. Love the Star Wars pictures, quotes, and reference to movie. A great gift for Star Wars fans of all ages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun book for Star Wars or graphic arts fans., December 17, 2010
I ordered the book for my nephew who is a huge Star Wars fan. It is really interesting and fun to look at. My husband grabbed it and looked at for over 30 minutes, going back and forth between the pages. He could not believe it wasn't some kind of computerized display. I think reading about the author and how and why he created and was able to perfect the pictures makes the book even more interesting. The information is on the author's website, not with the book, which is unfortunate. The book is a great conversation piece for children, grown-ups, and Star Ward fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a lame review...for a good book., November 25, 2013
It's just a cool book. Neat concept and my kids are big Star Wars fans...they loved it. Star Wars Rules.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, June 10, 2013
Cesar Montero (MIAMI, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I'm a big Star Wars fan, the scenes inside are great and very representative, this book is amazing, a great piece for my collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for collectors!, July 10, 2010
Bought this for my 26 year old son! He is a huge Star Wars fan. He loved it, had never seen anything like it before. It was definitely a hit, NOT just for "little" kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Scanimation fun, January 7, 2011
I wasn't sure exactly what we were going to get when I ordered this book, but what a surprise when we received it. Although it was only 13 pages long, each page shared a fun action-like picture, which was so mesmerizing that it made us turn the pages back and forth, just to see the motion. I actually bought this for my husband, who is a big Star Wars fan. I think this book adds something unique to his collection. When he unwrapped this Christmas gift, my 10 year old nephew's eyes lit up. He was so jealous of his Uncle. It is not a book for just children, but instead it shares it's appeal to adults as well. If you want something fun, this is the book to get. It adds more than what a picture book would provide.

$14.95 $10.46