Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Seasons 1-5 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 8, 2013
Seasons one through five of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series are included. There are 22 episodes per season (except Season 5 which has 20 episodes). This Blu-ray collection is absolutely massive spanning 14-discs! The 14-disc BD set is identical to the 19-disc DVD collection. The picture and audio quality are great in this release. Clone Wars fans are sure to love this set because it comes loaded with bonus materials. There is roughly 5-8 minutes of featurettes per episode. Total bonus content is over 7 hours. Season six episodes are not included.

Special Features:
Director's cut episodes
Deleted and alternate scenes
Cast and crew interviews
Making-of materials
Collectible 54-page Art of the Clone Wars booklet that features never-before-published artwork and episode guide.
Video Resolution/Codec: 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 | Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1

Buy this Blu-ray Collector's Edition.
55 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2013
It has been confirmed that the missing episodes of the clone wars series will air in 2014. I can already see the inevitable double dip re-release of this set on the horizon.

Case in point: Clone Wars fans will get some closure next year, as Filoni has revealed through his Facebook page:

Star Wars fans – I have some exciting news! We have wrapped production on all of the remaining Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes, and while that might be sad news in one way, it’s good news in another. It means you will finally get to see them. When, exactly, is a detail I cannot yet share. I can confirm that in early 2014 you will be watching the final episodes of The Clone Wars, including one of Master Yoda’s most challenging missions. So, get ready. We’ve got Clone Wars and Rebels coming at you in 2014. Animated Star Wars is alive and well. Trust in the Force my friends.
1111 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2013
I'm a Star Wars fan. However, I purchased this set without having watched the series beforehand. After reading comments about BD-discs not working properly, I briefly tested all seasons 4-5 discs by playing the first 10-20 minutes, with different languages and subtitles. I found no problems at all with my Sony Blu-ray 3D player. I have now watched the first two discs of season 1 without incidents. I expect the rest of the set to play properly but I'd keep an eye for the issues other people are experiencing.

The hardcover box is very attractive, with a metallic finish and textured characters. The extras (graphic art and episode guide) are nice but not very impressive, at least not for a collector's edition. I think the set offers a great value (price-wise) when compared to the individual season sets. The animation and sound are outstanding and the episodes entertaining. The series appears to mature and improve progressively.

For those interested in languages, the discs offer a variety of both sound and subtitles: English, French, German, 2-Spanish options (Spain and Latin America). This is a welcome addition for those who need or want alternatives while watching. Although my first language is Spanish, I prefer watching in English as the voices of the actors somewhat resemble those of the actors in the movies.
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2013
I absolutely love this series, some parts of it even more than some parts of the movies. I like that there is more character development for the majority of the characters.
Everything is neatly organized in a sturdy box, which is colored in a way that makes the characters shiny and pop out.
All of the disks are held securely in there own place in a center flip holder, with none of those annoying "folders" only holding two disks each.
Overall, a very nice complete set of a great series.
44 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2013
I've bought almost every episode of The Clone Wars on iTunes and watched them several times, and I'm still glad I decided to get the complete series box set. I haven't watched everything in this set yet, but I've watched several episodes and bonus features from multiple seasons, and so far I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase. It's a great price for all five seasons, and includes deleted scenes, featurettes, and other bonus materials that you won't find on starwars.com, Cartoon Network, or anywhere else. In addition, the episodes on blu-ray look great, sound great, and are presented in full anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1 aspect ratio). They air on TV in 1.85:1, so you're seeing the whole picture on blu-ray that they had to crop slightly for TV. There are also director's cut episodes that contain scenes that Cartoon Network censored in the original airing, so a few of the episodes are a bit more intense than you may remember, which older fans like myself may find enjoyable.

The set comes nicely-packaged in a great-looking box, with a handy booklet that lays out which episodes and bonus features are on each disc. It also comes with an all-new book of concept art that has some very neat stuff in it. The only criticism I can think of is that Season 4 is a bit lacking in special features compared to the other seasons. Also, if you already own multiple separate seasons of the show on blu-ray, this complete set doesn't bring anything new to the table except for the packaging and the art book, which is nice but not worth $105 by itself.

If you're a fan of The Clone Wars, and even if you've already watched every episode multiple times like I have, this is one of the best blu-ray purchases you'll ever make. The show itself was already amazing, but with the fantastic blu-ray picture and sound quality, the nice collector's edition packaging, and the wealth of extra content, this is a must-have addition to your Star Wars collection.
on February 7, 2014
I bought this about a month ago because this was a show that I was never able to closely follow because we don't have a DVR and I was off at college, but the few shows that I had seen were incredibly made. As a hardcore Star Wars fan, I have to say, from the heart, that this show is true Star Wars. It never feels like it is watered down into 30 minute episodes, never feels like a kids show, and maintains the things that make Star Wars great. Overall, I would say that the show is designed to be a collection of stories about the Clone Wars, intended to showcase the diversity of events that occurred in this galaxy during that time. There is an episode devoted to pretty much any worthwhile character from this time, and they are all worth watching. Since Lucasarts is no more, this show has been effectively cancelled, but there will be a number of "conclusion episodes" airing in mid 2014, which I definitely look forward to.
on January 22, 2016
I got these for my son, because I want any TV he watches to be in Spanish - and since he's obsessed with Star Wars... :) The Spanish worked perfectly, and the dubbing is actually pretty good, sometimes I wonder about whoever translated... - they even vary the voices (sometimes I feel like they have one lady and one dude doing the whole thing - this feels a bit better than that) Here's the one thing that I'm not all that happy with: I am 99.9% sure that these are not the *entire* seasons. I can tell because sometimes when you watch the 'last time on CloneWars' portion, it matches up with the last episode we saw perfectly, but most of the time - I have *no* clue what I'm looking at in those clips that are supposed to bring you up to speed. But of course, my 6 year old barely notices, and certainly doesn't care, so... eh, it suits my purposes. But I figured I'd note that for y'all.
on February 11, 2014
Take note that most of the positive reviews here are for the DVD release. The well-publicized Blu-ray load errors for season 5 are still present, and more than likely you won't be able to get the discs for season 5 to load on any device. It also won't matter how many times you exchange it with Amazon. Ultimately you'll be forced to call Warner Bros to get replacement discs, as they've apparently printed up discs for Season 5 that actually work. I have yet to receive mine, but hopefully that will rectify this situation. But if that's not something you're willing to do, then stay way from this set on Blu-Ray and buy it digitally instead.
on May 21, 2015
Fantastic show that only got the axe because Disney wanted to replace it with Aladdin in space.

Seriously, if you're a fan of Star Wars and you haven't seen this yet you need to.

At first the art style turned me off but after a while it grew on me. The story is usually pretty straight forward, simple lessons to be learned, etc, etc. However it's the character development that really steals the show.

Honestly, love or hate the prequels this show provide more story and character development than all of them (maybe even rivaling the OT (*gasp* did he just say that?!)).

Plus, you figure "well I've seen all the movies and this takes place between movies 2 and 3 so I can pretty much figure it out" yea, or not.

Some of the stuff is obvious and broadcast from pretty far off, other stuff creeps up and smacks you in the face.

One thing though, this doesn't include the "lost missions" which is essentially a series of wrap up episodes (which gives you the vibe this show could have easily run for another 2-3 seasons before starting to get stale) so do yourself a favor and fin those (currently available on Netflix) and watch them as well.

Also, these aren't all technically in chronological order. If that throws you off then here's a list of the order you're going to want to watch them in
( http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder )

Bottom line, yes you can get all of this on Netflix (for now) but, as a fan, I just had to have this collection. Well worth the price (when I got it anyway)
on February 9, 2015
If you like the series, this is a nice set of seasons 1 through 5. Also, I just wanted to announce that it appears Season 5 issues on Blu Ray have been fixed as of 2015. As soon as this was delivered, I checked the seasons and episodes specifically mentioned in poor reviews of this product and my discs play and are synced correctly. So, you can relax about those problems unless you somehow get the old print from around the time the issue existed (late 2013 I believe). Verified with a Sony player and the Xbox One.