5.0 out of 5 stars A primary biography of Luke Skywalker
Published on July 6, 2009 by The Delite Rancher

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoiler Alert in Book about who Luke's father really is.
Published on September 17, 2011 by Real Reviewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A primary biography of Luke Skywalker, July 6, 2009
This review is from: Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (Paperback)
As the title indicates, this book is an examination of Luke Skywalker. The focus is on Skywalker during "A New Hope." Starting out, his home life with Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen is described. In time, the adventure begins and young Skywalker comes across R2-D2, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo and Yoda. The story of Luke Skywalker would be incomplete without a conversation about his father. The book explores the complicated relationship between young Skywalker and Anakin/Darth Vader. Simon Beecroft's writing is good for most second graders. The author employed a clever narrative device. Many of the pages leave off with an ellipsis that prompts the reader to guess the name of a new character and then turn the page to verify the answer. This interactive quality strongly lends itself to read-alouds. The illustrations are attractive as they were all lifted from the films or pulled from the Lucas archives. While the emphasis is on the time period during "A New Hope," the scope actually covers the entire saga. Luke Skywalker lived the hero's journey. Re-live his story by reading "Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story."

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoiler Alert in Book about who Luke's father really is., September 17, 2011
Real Reviewer "Regular Guy" (Naperville, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (Paperback)
So my 7 year-old son picked out this book from his school library and we read it one night. I grew up during the 70's and 80's and experienced the whole Star Wars movies in the order the movies came out, I was hoping to have my child experience the whole the movies in the same order (Episodes 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3) so he can learn that who his father is in the same way I did, which is a better way of storytelling. Unfortunately for books like this that let that cat out of the bag. The book is well written but DO NOT let them read this book before they have seen all the Star Wars movies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational for aunties, too :o), August 24, 2010
Love2Read (Campbell, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (Paperback)
I read this series of books to my 3 year old nephew. I love them because I am not a Star Wars person but hated not knowing the answers to his questions about it. These books seem to cover everything. Be warned, bedtime readers - these little books are deceptively long!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for a reluctant reader, January 9, 2010
This review is from: Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (Paperback)
I bought 4 of these Star Wars books as a Christmas gift for a 5 year old boy who has been resisting learning to read. He is very stubborn and decided he didn't want anything to do with books. But when he opened these books, he sat right down and started looking through them. He had to be reminded that he had other gifts still to be opened. He kept coming back to these books, ignoring his other gifts. Now he requests that they be read to him, and he is trying to sound out simple words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Practice Reader for Young Star Wars Fans, January 23, 2010
This review is from: Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (Paperback)
DK has a winning product here. Written at the 2nd Grade level (AR 2.3) it's got lots of great photos that outline Luke's life-- starting on Tatooine and ending where his father, Darth Vader, ceases to be a bad guy.

In between, it talks about C3PO, Leia, Hans, Yoda, the destruction of the Death Star, and Anakin. It's all presented in a very abbreviated fashion, but most kids are going to be able to follow the plot without problems.

I'm going to highly recommend this book as a practice reader for reluctant readers based on the Star Wars appeal, and based on the reaction of my own 7 y.o. son.

a Pam T~ mini review
(BooksforKids-reviews)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 year old loves this, July 11, 2013
This review is from: Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (Paperback)
My three year old loves this book. We always read a book for nap time and bed time, and this has become one of his favorites. It's short enough to keep his attention, but still engaging. Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my reluctant reader, September 28, 2010
This review is from: Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (Paperback)
My son is 7 and an average to below average reader. Most of his trouble is with guessing words by the first few letters instead of reading. I bought him a handful of these Star Wars DK readers because he loves Star Wars. He loves reading them. He can read this book fairly easily. He doesn't get frustrated because it's a book he really wants to read! He read them over and over. Part of me doesn't want him reading on just one topic, especially something that encourages him to want more toys and stuff, but I'd rather he read something that is interesting to him to build up his confidence. DK readers are my favorite reading series, they are very well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, October 6, 2010
This review is from: Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (Paperback)
We got a bunch of these books to read to our 4 year-old and he LOVES them! A bonus for us is that they're also fun and interesting to read. The series-1 books are the best for us, it takes maybe 3-5 minutes to read (depending on how long he wants to look and talk about the pictures) and we'll usually do this and another book each night. All the books are very good but when you get into the series-3 & 4's they get to be quite a bit longer to read. This one really tells a simple but fairly complete story of Luke, with the resource material coming from the movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the little star wars fan in your house, January 26, 2015
I got this book for my little boy. It is great because I am not that into Star Wars so it helps explain the back story and because it is an easy reader he can help me read it. The pictures are from the movie so he can tell me all their names and if they are good guys or bad guys. I recommend it for any one with a small (5 year old) child that loves star wars and is learning to read

5.0 out of 5 stars great for getting my son interested in reading, June 27, 2014
This review is from: Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (Paperback)
My 4 y.o. son can read pretty well but always wanted us to read everything to him... until I bought a bunch of these Star Wars DK readers for him earlier this year. Now he sits on the sofa and wants to read his books. He even tries to read them to his baby sister. He's brought some of the books into school for show and tell and wanted to read them to his teacher. This series of books is great for any beginning reader who's a star wars fan!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story
Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story by Simon Beecroft (Paperback - December 1, 2008)
$3.99