Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 28, 2008
The Star Wars motion picture saga told the story of one Anakin Skywalker. The Clone Wars is here to tell the stories of other Jedi and of the clones. To a lesser extent, The Clone Wars fills in the gaps and answers some of the many questions the motion pictures failed to explain. As someone who has been a fan of the saga since day one in May 1977, I always wanted more than Lucas was ever able to provide on the big screen.

The focus of The Clone Wars is the clones. This movie, and the 30 minute episodes shown every week on The Cartoon Network, go to great pains to show us the clones are individuals with their own personalities and quirks. They realize they are just Bantha fodder in the great Republic war machine, yet they fight and die without question. If you're hurt, just a bit, every time a clone dies... that was point of this exercise.

Not only do we learn of the clones, but also of the other Master Jedi. The Sith and the Separatists are explored in great detail. The Separatist droids provide the comic relief. You'll recognize Lucas's dated corny-ness in every moronic thing the droids say.

If you don't like it, no big deal. Go watch the original triology on Laser Disc and enjoy. Star Wars is George's story done George's way... not yours, mine or ours to tell. The Clone Wars isn't perfect. Some parts are down right annoying. I've changed a lot since May 1977... and so has Star Wars.
on November 13, 2008
I just finished watching `The Clone Wars' & to be honest it was pretty good. No it's not as good as the movies & it's not as intense as the Samurai Jack-esk `Clone Wars' shorts from 2003 but then again it's not supposed to be like ANY of those. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
ALSO keep in mind that Lucas is trying to broaden his appeal to kids with this movie's style & story telling as well as with the series on CTN so it's going to be, over all, a bit more simple in its execution but no less entertaining. Don't watch this expecting an Oscar performance. It is a CGI cartoon after all, how serious/critical are you supposed to take it? It has more of an Episode 2 feel to it, for me at least, but the action sequences are just as long, intense & still 'edgy' for a CGI cartoon. They flowed well & were non-stop action. Clone troopers got it pretty bad in this movie & the lightsaber duels left me wanting for more(longer duels, that is) but were pretty good for a CGI cartoon. It held my interest the whole time though the plot of helping the huts was a bit odd. The dialogue could have used a little help but what star wars movie couldn't? I wouldn't recommend buying this movie until you see it first but if you keep in mind what this movie is supposed to be/do & you don't take it as seriously as some, then you should have fun & you'll be just fine. Anakin's apprentice is there for the young girls as well as to be the little miss know-it-all pain in the butt for Anakin the way he was to Ben (it's called irony) so she may be a bit annoying for some out there (she's better in the TV series)...and who in this world isn't about money? There is a lot of story that can be told between episodes and he wants to tell it (whether is executed well or not). We all would do it too & you all know it.
`TCW' story line isn't a major one in the Star Wars universe. It feels more like a made for TV movie but it ultimately starts up the TV series so there is a longer broader story to set up here as well.

Simple, aims at a broader audience & still a fun watch, if only once, in my opinion.

I say rent it first, watch it for what it is & go from there.
on July 16, 2015
I choose this rating because the movie is good. What I like about the movie is that in a galaxy far, far away... The Star Wars saga continues in this first-ever animated feature from Lucasfilm Animation! Featuring some of your favorite characters and a host of new ones, this is Star Wars like you've never seen it before. As the Clone Wars sweep through the galaxy, Anakin Skywalker and his new Padawan learner Ahsoka Tano plunge into a dangerous mission to rescue the kidnapped son of crime lord Jabba the Hutt. The renegade Count Dooku is determined to make sure that they fail, and with his deadly assassin Asajj Ventress in pursuit, this is a mission with grave consequences. Meanwhile, on the front lines, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Master Yoda lead the massive clone army in a valiant effort to defeat the droid army and resist the forces of the dark side. Lightsabers ready! A new era of adventure awaits! What I dislike about the movie is that I wanted to see more of it. I would recommend this movie to other people.
on November 11, 2009
I bought this for my 6 year old son who loves Star Wars and the Clone Wars cartoons. He is always asking me to let him watch the Clone Wars on TV but it is on past his bedtime. This helps satisfy his need to see the TV series. He loves it and I think its very imaginative.
on January 18, 2015
After watching the 6 "Star Wars" movies over and over again, it was nice to find more to watch.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" happens between the 2nd and 3rd "Star Wars" movies. It starts with this movie. Then continues with the TV series with 5 seasons. A 6th season was never aired on TV, but is available on disc.

There were some negative reviews of this movie, that it was an afterthought. Maybe my expectations were low as a result, but my family thought it was great. It was necessary to set up the TV series, especially the main characters.
on February 6, 2016
This movie along with the series that followed are, in my opinion, the best thing about Star Wars series. I love the story of Anakin and the way the Clones shows him gives us so much more reason to be hurt and sadden by his turn. This is a wonderful movie for a Star Wars fan.
on August 6, 2013
I remember watching this as a kid and enjoyed it. Now I have taken my time to watch all the seasons, and I am glad I did.

I can't wait to be able to watch this movie and the seasons with my nephew.
on July 9, 2015
I really enjoyed The Clone Wars. It is the first few episodes of the TV show and it seems that it is fun but it is better if you then can watch the story continue through the TV show it makes this more meaningful. It is a fun story and if you want more Star Wars then this is a great way to get more.
on February 23, 2014
This is yet another Star Wars entry with a poor script and battles for the sake of battles. While I sort of like the girl Jedi Knight in training, she looked like she came out of ancient Egypt--was that on purpose? The film was poorly rendered and looked too much like a video game. Not impressive. Thin on character development, poorly written. It simply needed to be thought through better. The baby Hutt was cute and lent a reason for the whole plot, yet the film lacked a stronger motivation that. The film was too long and seemed to exist purely for the battles. This takes place before The Revenge of the Sith. Did Anakin kill her when he killed all those young padawans? Who knows? It really could have been better.
on October 23, 2008
The people who slammed this kids' film were, guess what? bitter adult Star Wars fans who have refused to recognize the saga has moved onto the next generation. This is not a continuation of the live-action films, it is a computer animated interpretation of Tartakovsky's Clone Wars animated series, hence the super stylized faces and character designs. It's a great way to get young children, like my nephew who has never seen a Star Wars movie interested in the idea. Face it people, this is a kids' show and always will be. If you want the darker, more realistic side of the saga, wait for the live-action TV series to come. Relax, and enjoy the lighter side of Star Wars once in a while.
88 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse