Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vader's Little Princess
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon April 23, 2013
And Star Wars fan, I found this hilarious.

This is a collection of cartoons of Darth Vader spending quality time with his little girl, Princess Leia. From Leia as a very small girl to Leia as an attitude and angst ridden teen, Vader has to deal with the complexities of fathering a girl.

I feel his pain. I liked the ones where Vader is holding back his first reaction to keep from hurting his daughter's feelings, or where he is patient with her when he really doesn't want to be. But the ones where Leia introduces her boyfriend, an adolescent Han Solo are side-splitting.

An excellent gift for any nerd dad who needs reassurance that what he does for his daughter is normal.

Edward M. Van Court
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2013
The problem with "Vader's Little Princess" isn't in it's illustration, but rather it's content. The jokes just don't work as well as they do in "Darth Vader And Son," and I'd hazard a guess that has much to do with the fact that author Jeffrey Brown does not have daughters of his own. Where "Darth Vader And Son" was written with the understanding that comes from being a father to small boys, the jokes and content in "Vader's Little Princess" appear to stem from stereotypes of what one thinks life with a daughter would be.

Overall I'd say that "Vader's Little Princess" is a good title, but it's failure to grasp the subtleties of being a father to little girls causes it to fall short of the greatness that the previous title held.
on May 1, 2014
I am a big Star Wars fan. While shopping at a local book store here in Chicago, I found Jeffery's first book, "Darth and Son." I read it to my daughter that night and she continued to ask me to read it to her almost every night. After a few months of owning this great little book. I went to C2E2 and as I walked by the book vendors I found his new book, "Vader's little princess." Being that I have a girl. I felt this was a perfect addition to her new collection. As I looked at it with thhis huge smile, the gentleman behind the desk asks me if I ever read the first one. I explained how my daughter loved the first book and buying this one would be perfect for her. So as I was going to payfor the book the gentleman behind the table asks if I wanted something special written in the book. I said sure.

It didn't dawn on me until he was drawing that it was actually Jeffery Brown who I was talking to the whole time. He drew in a little Leia with a nice personal message for my daughter Mayalis. It was an fun experience.

Great book, great stories, awsome writer!
on April 25, 2013
Completely adorable! Hilarious! Loved it! A must for Star Wars Fans! I laughed all the way through it, and kept thinking, "oh, my GOSH... my kids!". But, if you get this one, you have to get Star Wars: Darth Vader and Son (Star Wars (Chronicle))
on June 13, 2013
We ordered this book because we LOVED "Vader and Son". "Vader's Little Princess" is cute, but it feels less authentic and less original. I'm sure this is in part because it's a sequel, but Leia just feels very one-dimensional to me - as if the author is relying too heavily on stereotypes about daughters.
on April 25, 2013
This book takes the reader on a journey of raising a daughter from toddler to teen in a humorous Star Wars style. While Jeffrey Brown's previous book Star Wars: Darth Vader and Son (Star Wars (Chronicle)) stayed within the toddler and early elementary years, only a few pages of this book are dedicated to the younger years. It mainly ventures into the teen years with clothing disputes, driving lessons, dating, school and friends. Some pages are not as funny as others, but show Vader in a typical father role and are funny enough for a smirk. Other pages were down-right hilarious! It's a cute book that any Star Wars loving parent of a daughter would adore.
on July 30, 2013
What if our beloved Lord Vader was the responsible to raise Leia ? Would she become a rebel eventually ? Star Wars fans must have this one ! The cover shows Leia still a little child but inside you will find a teenager Leia making Vader wondering what is more hard to accomplish : defeat the rebels or tame his little cute girl ...

Star Wars fans ...buy this book !
on April 29, 2013
My five year old is a huge Star Wars fan. We saw this book when it came up for pre-order and bought it right away.

It arrived last week, and we read it together right away.

It's a cute book with very good illustrations. The text is a little choppy with a bit of a rough flow. However, my daughter really likes it.
on May 11, 2013
As a dad with a tiny girl, I understand how Vader must have felt. If you don't want to find your lack of faith disturbing you will buy this book. Talk about a great stocking stuffer or father's day gift.
on May 12, 2013
Just a nicely done book about a Daddy and his 'rebellious' daughter. Jeffrey Brown really does an amazing job of putting satire, adult humor and of course, children's humor all into this one great book