Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 27, 2009
Apparently I'mthe only one who enjoyed this book. I started this volume where KOTOR at the time ended. I don't think it would have been confusing for someone starting off at this point either. I f you were totally lost, you must also have been lost the first time you watched Star Wars episode four. What kind a name is Darth and why is he in this suit? For that matter why are these people rebels, and why are they rebelling?
There are more stories and movies that start in the middle of an ongoing plot to name, but you can figure it out as you go, or read the intro to the story. The stories taken from KOTOR I do not think were made to be the driving force. Just the back story to where and when plot concepts and people came from. I'm not sure why the other reviewers didn't like it. I didn't experiance the same gripes that they did.
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2009
STAR WARS: VECTOR, by Dark Horse Comics head honcho Randy Stradley's own admission, was born out of financial concerns: If Marvel & DC were making so much money crossing over their characters, why shouldn't Dark Horse be able to get on board that gravy train themselves? Enter VECTOR, an interesting idea gone horribly, horribly wrong.

The concept of VECTOR is simple enough: A story that crosses over between all four of Dark Horse's STAR WARS books. The problem is, the books take place in different eras, sometimes THOUSANDS of years apart......So how to accomplish the goal without resorting to the dreaded time-travel chestnut....?

I'll give them this much: The maguffin they use to drive the plot is certainly an original one. The execution of the plot, well....that's another story. The bulk of STAR WARS: VECTOR VOL. 1 is comprised of four issues of the STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC SERIES, and as someone who has never read an issue of that series, I was totally lost for the majority of this book. Without revealing the hook upon which VECTOR is hung, there's a massive sub-plot involving "Rakghouls", the outer-space equivalent of Werewolves, and it's just a ridiculously bad device to use in a STAR WARS story. The book picks up considerably in the final two chapters, which are taken from the STAR WARS: DARK TIMES series. The art, by Douglas Wheatley, is staggeringly good, and seeing a familiar face (Darth Vader) certainly didn't hurt any, either. The final two chapters had me intrigued enough that I may return for the finale in Volume 2, but all that went before was just a sloppy, incomprehensible mess.
88 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
Vector is a book that contains both volume 5 of Knights of the Old Republic and volume 3 of Dark Times. This confused me at first, thinking to myself "Great, I started both of these series only to not find the 3rd and/or 5th volume!" I actually found out by searching for it on the Dark Horse website. Then I had to order it from an independent company off of the amazon site because I couldn't find this book anywhere, then I got frustrated when I received the book in terrible condition when I ordered it new! Although, all the pages were still there and I loved them all! I enjoy how Dark Horse combined both volumes into one book. They had the idea of creating a story that started in the old republic era and continued it 4,000 some odd years later during the empire era! The story is good but I think the art fell short compared to both previous series. I give vector an even 4/5 stars.
on November 27, 2013
Vector is a crossover series that spans 4 different comic books - the 1st in the Knights of the Old Republic Series.

Chronologically this is actually KOTR Vol. 5

Spectacular installment of the KOTR series with big implications for Vol. 6. Also a great setup for the Crossover comics. It truly is one contained story in the KOTR universe that makes sense spanning all the way to the Legacy series.

The 2nd half of the book (Ch. 2) is where the character from KOTR meets Darth Vader... a little silly but still cool.

Be sure and get Vector Vol. 2, as Ch. 4 has an AMAZING payoff to the series and introduced me to the phenomenal Legacy comics.
on June 16, 2011
I only purchased this volume because it had Part 3 of the Dark Times volume within it, but the overall vector storyline (that begins in the Old Republic, continues during the Dark Times era, returns in the classic trilogy era, and then completes in the New Republic era) is pretty good as well. The Dark Times series picks up immediately after the Republic series comics by Dark Horse where the Jedi are exterminated and hunted after Order 66. I really loved that gritty and dark comic series based on my favorite part of Star Wars takes: the Clone Wars. That series far surpasses both of the cartoon series' and movie's attempts at visualizing the Clone Wars.

This volume only contains the first 2 parts of the Vector storyline (so 1 volume of Old Republic comics and 1 volume of Dark Times comics- #3).

I was confused, at first, as to why there was no Dark Times volume 3; I found out before I ordered this one, so I hope that helps answer some confusion about the series.

God bless.
on July 15, 2011
Chapter 1 takes over half of the book, and the artwork is terrible. The story is okay, but Celeste's face is really messed up looking and I couldn't stand looking at it at all. Here's a pic of it: [...]

Chapter 2 is a good story and the artwork is much better, but it's about half as long as Chapter 1.

Buyer's remorse. Skip this one.
on March 4, 2009
For all the relentless promotion Vector got in the months preceding its release, it turned out to be a spectacular disappointment. The story is anchored by four issue arcs in both Knights of the Old Republic and Legacy, which dismayed me tremendously, because the story was so bad I feared it would drag down two of the strongest Dark Horse Star Wars titles (as for Dark Times and Rebellion, they were uninteresting even before Vector). Fortunately, KOTOR has moved well beyond this travesty and hopefully we'll hear no more of it in those pages. As for Legacy, we'll have to see.

If Vector was your first exposure to KOTOR or Legacy, I'd urge you to give them another chance. Find issues of each preceding Vector and you'll see the strengths of these two titles.
on May 8, 2013
Vector is a Dark Horse comic that follows a sith artifact in volume one it starts with the Knights of the Old Repbulic and up to Dark Times. This is a very good comic and these story are individual comics that you may have already brought from the Knights are the Old Republic and Dark Times but it is a better read to read this arc in Volume one that will continue in Volume two. I brought Vector because it was one story arc in a single volume and will continue in volume two that makes this a better read.
on May 14, 2013
The book came promptly and in great condition, I would recommend the seller again, but the book itself, I was very disappointed in the artwork in particular. For the Dark Times chapter it was fantastic, but the KOTOR chapter was horrible and I am pretty sure my 1 year old niece could have done better. Story line was good though, I just wish Dark Horse wouldn't have opted to do the crossover volume, especially as they even come right out and say it was because of the money. Overall I'd recommend it, if only just to continue the story.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 11, 2012
I've been a bit disappointed at how much of the modern Star Wars EU seems to have lost sight of what made the Original Trilogy such a success. Fortunately, John Jackson Miller seems to get it. The KOTOR series starts off with a bang and immediately feels like Star Wars. It's got a gripping story, a great ensemble cast, clever humor, and beautiful imagery.

However, it's not just a rehash of Star Wars. The hero, Zayne Carrick, is a bit of a goofball as a Jedi. However, he's framed for the murder of his fellow Padawans. He joins up with Gryph, a Snivvian con artist whose outlandish sense of humor had me laughing out loud at times. Then there's the mysterious and beautiful Jarael who is as tough as she is lovely (really, I kind of have a crush on her). Finally, the group is joined by Rohlan Dyre, a Mandalorian who questions the war.

The Vector arc is definitely a low point for KOTOR. The point of the Vector arc is to encourage crossovers between the various Dark Horse Star Wars lines. Fortunately, in Vector this is just limited to a Force vision of the future. It does feel a bit forced, but it's not too overwhelming. However, the whole plot with the Rakghoul plague and Sith artifacts bordered on the ridiculousness from Tales of the Jedi. The story no longer felt like Star Wars, no longer fun. Also, the artist in this volume has a tendency to paint all of the characters with hard angular features, which really looks awful.

Hopefully KOTOR gets back on track with volume 6.