Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

• Star
  • Customer Reviews

on May 19, 2012
I love reading magazines like STAR and US Weekly and magazines like that.I got a subscription on here and I only got like 2 issues of STAR
on February 29, 2012
Disappointed in the price for this e-subscription. It costs them practically nothing to send the issues electronically. There is no print fees, mailing fees etc. Till the cost goes down significantly to get this on my Kindle Fire, I will have to pass.
on January 26, 2012
I had Star for 3 weeks and only received one issue. Not going to continue this subscription. The magazine itself was nice on the Fire but its not worth the price especially when issues are not received and the delivery is slow.
on December 8, 2012
Star magazine is really terrible, and there were 2 stories in this particular issue that I KNOW to be 100% false and lies (because of relationships with people in the entertainment industry) so based on that I can assume most of the rest is lies too. I usually read Us Weekly (so high-brow, I know) but I bought Star because I was bored and wanted a thoughtless read. It will be a while before I forget why I don't read this magazine and accidentally buy it again. Just always has a negative undertone. But, I was looking for a thoughtless read...and that's what I got!
on August 11, 2012
I really don't understand all the negative reviews. I have had the subscription for a few months and it is right on my Fire bookshelf every week. ALL I do is tap on it and the magazine downloads right then and in a minute it is really to read. I know that I always read the reviews and much of the time it is a good measurement of whatever I am considering getting but in this case I would advise you to try it out yourself and see how it works for you. You can always cancel subscripftion if you are not satisfied. Like I said the new issue is right on the Kindle Fire " Carosal" every weekend and that is BEFORE it hits the newstand or store shelves.

Finally I don't know what the problem is about the price. A MONTHLY subscription is about the cost of only 2 issues of the magazine. Go to your local store and check out the newstand cost of ONE issue. Don't even mention that it is a simple download and uses no materials because for the past 3 years the greedy PUBLISHING COMPANIES thanks to a DEAL with the late and not so great STEVE JOBS formed a price fixing CARTEL! stemming from Jobs jealousy against Amazon Kindle's success where THEY set the price of e-books equal to the price you pay for the actual book in Costco or Sam's. Amazon tried to fight and they lost. These magazines situation is the same as books and there is nothing any of us can do about it.

So if you buy these magazines every week and you want the convenience of having it delivered to your tablt give it a try.
on March 13, 2014
The magazine is mostly ads. Luckily I got this on a 30 day trial. I will not be renewing it. The articles ( if that's what u want to call them" are hard to read and too short. Not one of my better purchases.
on June 1, 2014
It's what you expect. It is bashing celebs whether made up, truth stretch or sometimes the screw up is so public it's easy and they go for the worst photo. Stars without makeup. Yeah. Next week Stars are too fat and here's their pictures. Yeah. I bought it. Not proud. Kindle Fire works great though.
on May 16, 2014
Have had this for three weeks and love it. I had a subscription through Magazines.com and my magazines were always late or I would receive two at a time and sometimes none. The magazine would be out on the newsstand before my copy even came. So far these are right on time
on September 26, 2012
I know some of the reviews for this magazine are negative,but I enjoy it.Its in an easy to read format on my kindle fire and requires no thought in using the program.I found the People magazine quite difficult on the kindle.The content is what it is,dont expect more.Its my guilty pleasure and the .99 price tag makes it easy to read a couple of times a month.
on June 3, 2015
I give this app 5 stars because I enjoy the new digital way to read but star has an awesome page turning feature that truly makes me feel as though I am turning the pages. It might seem small but on days when I miss reading the old school way. The graphics are amazing and if I buy each copy one by one it won't delete it and will remain stored on my kindle for my leisure. I'd why it has such bad reviews.