1,874 Reviews

1,075 of 1,119 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Starcraft 2: A Fan's Lament
I've watched the Starcraft 2 Amazon reviews come in with great sadness. Sadness because this game deserves so much more than 3 stars, but also sadness because most of the points the negative reviews make are completely legitimate.

Starcraft 2 is a great game. I got it the day it came out and haven't touched another game since. Like the original Starcraft, it's...
Published on August 1, 2010 by Aguagon

2,463 of 2,861 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars WHAT'S THE FREQUENCY, KERRIGAN?
One can only respect BLIZZARD for not setting a release date before they knew they could meet it. No matter that this was the most awaited game for over a decade, they would release it "whenever it would be ready". Well, it is ready, it is here and it rocks. Too bad they kicked the respect bucket in the end. But first things first.

THE GOOD OLD GAMEPLAY GETS...
Published on July 27, 2010 by NeuroSplicer

2.0 out of 5 stars StarCraft 2, December 2, 2012
This review is from: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Video Game)
The original StarCraft arguably the greatest real-time strategy game ever made. Sure it had a couple of quirks, like the Guardian's pathfinding bug which made them move into close to turrets when they didn't have to, but overall you had a perfect balance between the three races and an extraordinary campaign. Realistically, you're never going to make everybody happy with a sequel because it can never live up to the perfect game that people will be imagining it will be. So when I say that this game is very similar to the original StarCraft a lot of ways, it's not a bad thing.

I was extremely into StarCraft a year or so after Broodwars came out. I got it in that big battle chest thing with the two strategy guides include. I spent countless hours playing the game with friends, on my own, and played the campaign two times through completely. The original had this on mode where you could get other people to try out the game by joining your games and it was a lot of fun. It also lacked copy protection and was pirated mercilessly. As a consequence, blizzard has gone 100% in the wrong direction. The copy protection StarCraft two is stifling. It give you an idea, let me tell you, install process went. Remember this is using the disc and not the digital download.

I put in the disc and let the program install the whole 12 gigs. A nice touch, they've put a bit of back story in the installer so you hear a little bit about that previous game to get you started while it's installing. They're still waiting for quite a while, but it's a large game who can fault that? It also asked to activate on battle.net. So I log into my web browser and try to go there,and naturally all my old StarCraft accounts are now invalid. Hooray. So I set up a new account and then go to play my game. But wait, the installer has to run and optimization will take between 15 to 60 min. this is after the entire install from the disc. So fine, I wait for it to do its little thing and then it starts downloading patches conveniently telling me that it has a certain amount time to go before the game is playable, but I can play before it's fully patched. So apparently to aid in copy protection prevention they don't include the whole game on the disc. So now I'm waiting even longer until it can download the freaking installer. Fortunately you can play before the entire patch has downloaded, but still expected to spend more time waiting.

If you're on an AT&T internet account or anybody else with bandwith caps you need to know this. By default the installer downloads some data via P2P. So not only are you downloading the patches (as of this writing about 1.57 GB) you're also losing bandwith as it UPLOADS on your own connection without informing you first. To Blizzard's credit you can disable that feature from the installer's options at the top, but I personally felt stolen from because it was done without my consent. Ask me first Blizzard if you're going to be too cheap to use the bandwith from your own servers! Maybe I'll be cool with it for speed, but not asking isn't right.

So I finally get the whole thing downloaded and happy and I'm prompted to enter my battle.net password and username. It seems I have to enter this every single time I log in. There's no remembering my password so I have to type it every freaking time. Not only that, the game requires a constant Internet connection unless you want a play as a guest. Even then, you're only allowed to play your own game for 30 days between activations. This level of copy protection is freaking ridiculous. Oh, and per their terms they make it very clear that you don't own anything they're only licensing it to you. Again, to their credit they have very prominently how you can return the game for a full refund if you do not agree.

The game includes only the Terran campaign. Personally that's my favorite race anyway, but it seems like they're trying to make a cash cow to separate the game at into three separate parts. Each game is priced higher than the normal freestanding game, but on the other hand there's free online play which you have to factor is built into the price. If you're paying any kind of monthly fee to play online with people you would easily go over the cost of the game so don't find the high initial price all that disturbing. I should note, you do have guest passes that apparently let you have other people try the game as sort of a demo, but they have to download the 13+ GB full game to do so.

Gameplay is quite similar to the original game, but somewhat faster paced. There are naturally more units and everything looks great. The movies in between levels have been improved drastically. Everything looks more lifelike and I have no complaints. That said, after playing it I've just sort of felt like it was just there. I don't have the same emotional attachment and feeling of excitement I had playing the old game. Somehow, I doubt I'll get around to playing the campaign again. The best way I can describe it is like a sequel to a movie that's technically better in nearly every respect, but has all the heros wearing Pepsi logos on their outfits and the theater usher is checking your ticket stub every 10 minutes.

Even with all the extra stuff, I had such good feelings about the original that if this game and come out say year or two before it did I would've bought a new computer just to play it. As it was, I waited until the game was on sale for about one third its initial cost before even considered buying it and even then it was iffy. Blizzard, you kind of lost me guys. I find I'm much happier playing the Warhammer 40k games. Not nearly so much headache. Not planning on buying the next one.

Update #1

With the current patch you CANNOT play offline. You're stuck with the same always on tether certain other games have. I've read some posts and it may be a glitch, but this is intolerable for me. I can't have my connection up constantly. I truly regret purchasing this game.

Update #2 12/3/12

Just FYI, Battle.net will install itself and it's cache on the C: drive even if you install the game on another partition. The installation has added a bit over 200 MB to my primary partition. I won't bore you with details, but it's somewhat irritating to me because it increases the size my periodic backups need. One reason I tolerate Steam is that at least it plays nice where I installed it; also it's offline mode works. SC2 offline mode is still broken as of today.

2.0 out of 5 stars Like watching a childhood hero succumb to vice, August 10, 2010
****November 2011 Addendum****

The game is fun overall. Multiplayer is a fun experience, even despite the repetitive nature of it. I had previously complained that the game was so unbalanced, they had to remove dozens of units from the multiplayer experience. Even with them out, multiplayer is still GROSSLY unbalanced. Units like the Thor and the Void Ray are ridiculously overpowered compared to virtually every other unit, and they have no real counter; the Zerg have no counter for them---Hydralisks are inexplicably weak against Void Rays, Mutalisks are killed far too easily, and Thors have a hidden splash attack with their Anti-Air missiles, which does double damage to light units (ie, mutalisks). This attack is to Void Rays and Mutalisks what fire is to rice paper.

There is no unit balance as Starcraft had; it's become an arms race; first person to spam Thors or Void Rays wins.

*****

And to think the biggest worry I had upon seeing screenshots early on was that the buildings and units looked so bloated, fat, and cartoony. In fact they do seem rather bloated and cartoony compared to their Starcraft counterparts, but it's not nearly as horrendous as I'd initially thought it out to be.

To get the easy stuff out of the way: If you care not for the story and only for the gameplay, then 3 stars out of 5 is a fair rating.

I don't know why Starcraft was so innovative a game as it was. It simply looked different, smooth and was extremely well-balanced. It was a slick game with easily identifiable units on the field with easily identifiable sounds, weapons, and controls and interface. It was an innovation and improvement over the engine used in Warcraft II.

Here, there is none. They claimed to have completely re-made the engine from scratch, but you could copy and paste the UI onto Command & Conquer 3 or Command & Conquer 4 and it would look pretty much the same. It's not at all a bad thing, but it's not really a good thing either if you're looking to play this as a new game. It essentially feels like C&C3 with cartoonier units.

The game mechanics that went into making Starcraft so incredibly balanced will have to be re-discovered here, as new units are frequent in coming, old units have stats changed, and units like the Medic become essential for infantry squads, as they auto-heal when you move or attack-move them with a group, rather than wandering out up into an enemy because you'd need to micro-manage them directly.

Initially I'd have considered the Protoss terribly, horribly, atrociously overpowered due to weapons like the Colossus and the Void Ray, but later missions showed that there was more to come for Zerg and Terran to even the odds. This, however, says very very little for traditional defensive units like the Photon Cannon, Bunkers, and units like the Zealot. You may as well not even make them anymore, unless you plan on massing them in gargantuan numbers, as they contribute next to nothing within huge armies, whereas in Starcraft, the melee abilities of a Zealot made it essential under a Defiler's swarm ability, or for fast attacks.

But the absolute bane of this entry of the franchise is undoubtedly the writing.

Virtually everything Jim Raynor or Tychus Findlay or Matt Horner says can be found in one line or another from any other movie, TV show, or video game. There's almost nothing anyone says that isn't cliche', stupid, poorly delivered, or so bland and generic you can skip it and miss out on nothing.

Remember Arcturus Mengsk. Remember Mengsk of Korhal, and how the Confederacy nuked Korhal into an uninhabitable wasteland. Remember how Mengsk fought and bled and suffered to fight them, with his rebel group the Sons of Korhal. He was a character so morally ambiguous that he would suffer in order to help civilians, and then out of utter rage and vengeance, use psi emitters to obliterate entire Confederate planets, drawing billions of Zerg onto Antigua Prime and Tarsonis.

He wanted to (and successfully did) end the war and end the Confederacy, and not end up spending decades fighting hard guerrilla war with the Confederate remnants. He mad a bad decision, it was the wrong one, but he made it, and he was going to live with it. He was like Joseph Stalin in his ceaseless aggression to power and to the safety and security of all Terrans.

The Arcturus Mengsk in Starcraft 2 is better compared with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. He and his administration create laws so blatantly false and outrageous, even CHILDREN would not fall for it. And this is presented CONSTANTLY in the form of UNN broadcasts featuring an obvious parody of news pundits. One mission sees you, Raynor's rebels, liberate a civilian area from the Zerg and Dominion forces. This is then reported on the news where a field reporter reports to the UNN pundit. He then asks about civilian casualties, and the reporter says "Actually, the only civilian casualties thus far have been crossfire from overzealous Dominion forces" and as soon as she finishes, they panickedly go back to the pundit who panickedly remarks "Uh, well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen; Jim Raynor, killing innocent women and children!"

The actions of Arcturus Mengsk, having civilians rounded up and slaughtered, or encouraging neighbors to spy on one another, or abandoning half his Dominion at the first sign of Zerg threat so as to protect his core worlds, is so completely out of character for the Starcraft Mengsk that it's a farce. It's buffoonery, and it's made less funny if you've played the Terran campaign in Starcraft 1.

But the absolute worst has to be Zeratul and the Protoss.

In Starcraft, the Protoss were the big tough fanatical race. They were loyal, courageous, religious, and xenophobic. They had highly advanced technology, but otherwise were very much like the Terrans in terms of being well-rounded, with good people and bad people making good decisions and bad decisions.

In Starcraft 2, you could replace them with night elves in World of Warcraft or any random race of wizards or magicians from any medieval fantasy work involving people speaking with stunted syllables about ancient prophecies and fallen ones and doom.

TVTropes has something called "Flanderization", named for Ned Flanders in "The Simpsons", who believe it or not, was once a NORMAL character who was religious, but also did "naughty" things and drank beer and such. "Flanderization" refers to taking ONE character trait of an otherwise normal character, and making that trait THE defining characteristic of it, to the exclusion of all else.

This has happened BIG TIME with the Protoss, where religious fanaticism and mysticism has now become the defining trait of the Protoss. Nothing Zeratul (or Nibbler, as I call him, because he's voiced by the same actor) says is not painful to listen to, straight out of every Lord of the Rings knockoff, good or bad, and done worse.

Mild Spoilers abound here: For whatever reason, whereas Raynor and the Terrans are written at a third grade level of vocabulary and storytelling, Zeratul is written at a kindergarten level. It becomes teeth-gnashingly irritating to have a cutscene show you where to go, and to have Zeratul SLOWLY exclaim "I must go over there and link with that thing, but there are Zerg in the way! They may be... problematic", or a mission where Zerg attack your base every three minutes, and when there's thirty seconds left, Zeratul ALWAYS says "The Zerg are massing for an attack! To arms!"

Zeratul's fight with Kerrigan is not so much a fight as a World of Warcraft-looking cutscene featuring an exchange of magic pixie powers---I mean, "psionic energy"

And then comes Zeratul's FIRST crowning moment of stupidity (because there's at least two) that comes as such a smack in the face to Starcraft fans, it becomes less the fault of the character, and more the fault of BAD WRITING. Zeratul encounters a Protoss/Zerg Hybrid, and then states in that stilted, bland and monotonous delivery "Who could have created such a thing?"

DID NO ONE ON THE WRITING STAFF EVEN READ THE SCRIPTS OF THE FIRST GAME, NOT EVEN NEEDING TO PLAY IT?

So while you're saying "Duran" again and again and again, the next mission comes and here's Zeratul's stupidity that is again the fault of bad writing, not because of total ignorance of the first game, but out of just bad writing:

Zeratul encounters the "ghost" of an old friend. The FIRST THING this old friend says is "I have come to you from beyond this world", and the FIRST THING Zeratul says is "But you died!"

The idiocy then continues as this old friend tells the story of the Overmind and its true purpose, and Zeratul chimes in POINTLESS commentary that only shows how utterly STUPID he is, not able to use age as an excuse to not understand the concept of "lies" and "ulterior motives" and "not everything is as it seems". The old friend remarks something about the Overmind, and Zeratul says "DUH DUH BUT, THE, OVERMIND, WAS, A, MONSTROSITY!" and this old friend has to chide Zeratul like a child that it only SEEMED this way to him.

I remark on World of Warcraft and magical fantasy a lot in this review. Know that I am not trashing on the genre, or on World of Warcraft. It is likely a fine game, but my point is that it is an entirely different genre game from this. The same way you wouldn't want to see rubber-forehead aliens in "Battlestar Galactica" or slapstick comedy in "Schindler's List", I don't want to see magical fantasy-type superstition and talks of "Prophecy", "Chosen One", "Fallen One", "the Damned", "Doom", and such in a hard science fiction game.

In fact Starcraft 2 does seem at times like that one disastrous step that Warcraft 3 did with the series; turning it from low-fantasy into high-fantasy, which actually went on to greater things in acquiring a whole new fanbase with World of Warcraft.

It doesn't fit on Starcraft 2. And seeing the Starcraft series go from something dark, ambiguous, and hard, to something literally at grade-school level in its simplicity, is like watching a childhood hero succumb to drugs or alcohol.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unpleasantly Surprised, August 2, 2010
This review is from: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Video Game)
Allow me to preface my brief review by saying I don't care about LAN; I also didn't particularly care about the campaign being split into 3 boxes, after being told that each campaign would be long. So my negative opinion of the game came after buying it, and completing the campaign, with no predisposed hostility.

Disappointment 1) The campaign was short, uninspired, and uninteresting. I guess I won't spoil anything, but it did not feel, to me, like a complete story (a la... Starcraft, Warcraft 1-3). So although I didn't care before about it only being the Terran campaign, I now do.

Disappointment 2) The battlenet system is just awful. The only people I know who love Blizzard RTS games are crazy for custom maps... RPG's, melee maps with custom units, etc... This new system disallows you from simply making/downloading a map and playing it (not to mention you pretty much can't make maps either, unless you have a master's in computer science). I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say you are stuck with a handful of boring maps on battlenet or the maps Blizzard included... and it didn't include many.

Disappointment 3) I loved Starcraft and Warcraft 2's editors. Then Warcraft 3 came and just tore those to shreds, with its ease of use and total customization power. I was expecting the next level with Starcraft 2; what I got was pretty much a gigantic excel spreadsheet full of jibberish I don't understand. Gone are the days when one could pop open the editor and add some new units or heroes to a map. Now, if doing that is still possible, you pretty much need to go to Starcraft U, and then spend several hours doing tedious crap that will get you possibly the same result as 2-5 minutes in the WC3 editor. This single issue would have led me to not buy the game, as this is my primary interest in Blizzard RTS games.

Disappointment 4) Campaigns and custom maps aside, the game is just a complete rehash of the original with less (and less fun) units. Almost as if they held back units for future releases, which is a total cop out. Firebats, medics, wraiths, and more all appeared in the campaign, so I got complacent... only to find the actual game was completely stripped down. At this point I thought "Hmm... oh well, I guess I can just put those units back in custom maps"... oya... I can't... see disappointment 3.

So I'm pretty much disappointed about every single aspect of this long awaited game lol. I actually stopped playing it after only 4 days (yes, I completed the campaign, challenges, and played a dozen or so matches), and got the urge to start playing WC3 again (a far better, and more complete game).

I am really hoping the editor and battlenet things are addressed sometime soon, so I haven't completely given up hope; but this game does not measure up to any game Blizzard has produced in the past 16 years.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wings of Tyranny, July 27, 2010
Griswel (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Video Game)
You are in for a long and arduous journey. Then, after the installation process is complete, your arduous journey moves on to the patch. After this is complete, you must sign in, online, in order to play your game. Then you attach your sixty-dollar purchase to a particular account, and are permitted to play. Welcome to the Blizzard's immersive adventure, featuring an online totalitarian simulation, and some kind of computer game.

If you have two kids who play, or you play and a kid plays, you will need to buy separate copies of the game for each of you if you want to have two saved games or play online under different names. The game is connected to your online account, and when you sign in you play as the name you created. Someone can play as "Guest", but with very limited privileges.

Studies clearly show that people who steal games will enjoy them less if those of us who paid for them are run through an abattoir before we're allowed to play.

The game itself is fine. Starcraft with new 3D images and tweaks to gameplay (begin arguing about how the tweaks are HUGE and IMPORTANT ... now). All that's really really changed is Blizzard's ability to make us jump through hoops.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportunities, September 6, 2010
S. Foley (Seattle, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Video Game)
The single-player campaign is solid, carefully designed, and very well paced. Players who want to just get on with the story will not have too much difficulty, while the overachievers and masochists can sweat through the bonus objectives and other achievements. However, SC2's only real single-player advancement was the introduction of interactive objects into scenarios. It would have been nice to see more variety, as most of the missions could be categorized as "survive for a length of time", "build up your resources and attack the enemy's base", or "scout/infiltrate an area with limited units." Even a few variations on this theme would have been nice: there's never been a mission with solely air units before, or one where you had to hold a central objective (rather than an area where you're already entrenched) against attacks both on your base and the objective simultaneously.

Now we get on to the more seriously disappointing aspects.

- Single-player voice acting is fair, but the dialogue is unbearably cheesy. It's stuffed full of cliches, in-jokes, and other references that a lot of people may not understand -- and while fan service is great in moderation, there was no restraint shown here.

- The multiplayer has devolved from a carefully balanced strategy game to a mess of micromanagement. There's a lot more emphasis on individual unit abilities, a lot more units that cannot attack either ground or air, and an overall feeling that your army is more of a patchwork (dare I say confederacy?) than a cohesive force. Starcraft 1 would often see games where you focused on a single unit type as the bulk of your army, with a few extra units to add synergy and support, but SC2 forces you into more diversity without offering much in return. Really, what do cliff-walking units give that you can't get from most air units, particularly when they often require similar tech investments?

- The list of the dead (units, that is) is stunning. Science vessels, corsairs, lurkers, dark archons, dragoons, defilers ... and in many cases, the units felt like they were just renamed to avoid the perception of them being nerfed into oblivion.

- [...] 2.0 suffers from a lot of missing features: easy offline gameplay, most of the custom map features one took for granted with SC1, and ways to meet with new people other than "throw me into a random game with strangers." It still feels half-baked, with a curious overemphasis on Facebook integration to the detriment of its overall usability.

I still bought the game to play with friends. But unlike Starcraft 1, I don't see us playing this ten years from now without some serious and far-reaching changes to the multiplayer experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars This game didn't carry me., September 20, 2010
This review is from: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Video Game)
I bought this game a few days after release and just recently realized I completely don't play this game anymore. After finishing the campaign mode and fooling around on some custom maps for a day or two I just got bored of it.

For me personally, the draw of SCII and what I usually expect from Blizzard RTS games is playing through the story campaign and the custom maps. While the campaign mode was fun and visually awesome, it was all over relatively quick. As for the custom maps, while I was browsing through them I felt like there was a huge gaping hole. I looked a bit more into this, as I had previously created maps in WCIII and SCI and found out what so many other reviews have commented on about the map editor being so cumbersome and complicated to make use of.

I played this game for about a week and a half and then I set it down because I got bored. And I haven't had any particular urge to play it again. I know many people still enjoy playing this game actively, but I don't really care for grinding out achievements or anything like that. The thing that had dawn me to the game, custom maps, wasn't supported enough to keep me.

2.0 out of 5 stars It took 11 years and (reportedly) $100M to make THIS?, August 11, 2010
Ludix (Upton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Video Game)
Wow. What a disappointment.

Same-old same-old early-90s RTS game mechanic, with slightly improved but hardly state-of-the-art graphics, fleshed out with banal cut scenes, handsomely produced, but tedious and unsurprising.

The ultra-conservative design takes absolutely no chances. There isn't anything edgy, daring or even particularly interesting about it.

The REQUIRED [...] signup is cynically optimized to extract every last US dollar/Korean won from fans of the franchise.

On top of all this, we learn that this is only the first of a trilogy of $60 games, and that only the Terran side is presented here. Right.

Oh, and it takes 20 gigs of hard drive space, and takes nearly an hour to install.

For better real-time 3D alien machines, MUCH better special effects and WEEKS of terrific gameplay, made by a modest studio with a fraction of the size, time and budget, check out DEFENSE GRID GOLD, which costs only $13.99 online. (No, I'm not an employee or shareholder. Just sayin'.)

Blizzard has been obviously been changed by its marriage with Activision, and not for the better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for single player, August 1, 2010
This review is from: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Video Game)
1) Not really good for single player; maps are small, gameplay is too "guided" and often rushed (i.e. you can't spend time building up your forces).

2) [*SCARY*] Do you use Facebook? If so, Blizzard will cross-reference your user info with Facebook's database and will tell your friends that you are currently playing StarCraft (even single-player). The only way to opt-out is to go through a convoluted parental controls setup process.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wait till the price comes way down and they make some changes, July 28, 2010
This review is from: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Video Game)
First off, I suggest anyone wanting this game, WAIT!!! It's too freakin' high and you'll be disappointed with a few things, so wait on it. That seems to be the general consensus. The new graphics are great! But it's overpriced and for everyone out there who were expecting to play this game while traveling to someplace without a internet connection, forget it. You have to play it via the internet only. HUGE MISTAKE.
I picked up my copy yesterday like all loyal Blizzard Starcraft fans out there. It was like Christmas for me back when I was a kid. I couldn't wait to get home and rip that sucker open. Then things became abundantly clear for me. All that delays, all the silence, no reviews, nothing coming out of the Blizzard camp except trailers I've been watching for 2 yrs and the promise of something new, something fantastic, and something that will make the original Starcraft look like Pong. Well, I'm still waiting to be impressed.

I am so angry about this! I can't even articulate accurately what exactly I'm disappointed with the most. The lack of LAN playing is serious let down since it's how I first learned to play SC. The biggest disappointment has to be the lack of stand alone playing. We live in a time where there are gaming laptops out there that are nearly as powerful and fast as desktops. Being able to play this game anywhere is one of the things I was so looking forward to and now, I learn that that's not the case. Truth is, SC was the first game I ever played on a PC when I bought my first back in 98. (besides solitaire anyway) Staying up all night playing, spending entire weekends being a mindless zombie battling the evil swarm. Luckily, I had a treadmill. Anyway, this is bad, but not all bad. Still, it's getting 2 stars just because of the high price and dependency on the internet just to play in single player mode. I feel as if I paid [...] bucks so I could be told what I could do with what I paid for. This isn't like Blizzard and I gotta ask, what was the motivation for them doing this to their loyal fan base of their award winning games. Do they give out golden turkey awards for games ?

One of the impressive things about most of Blizzard products is that I could always play by myself and be happy doing that. I could play anywhere, anytime as long as I had my trusty gaming laptop. What the hell were they thinking! You have to have an internet connection to play? That's ludicrous! No wonder they kept that tidbit quiet and kept all things quiet because there's now way in hell this game is going to win Game of the year. Blizzard betrayed their followers and loyal fans. So, I guess when my internet is down, I'll just have to play pong to keep myself entertained now. Needless to say, I won't be buying SC 3 or any of SC2 expansion packs unless the online crap goes the way of the dodo Thanks Blizzard.

I'm a very patient person and I'm always positive by nature. The reviews of SC2 are pouring in and most of them aren't positive. I feel like I've been robbed though like most. I love the familiar feeling I get from the game, but I guess I just was expecting something groundbreaking, something spectacular, something new. Graphics are good, storyline is great, but the game is a huge let down over all. I guess I'll have to become a Microsoft game fan and hope they'll come up with a good new strategy game. Blizzard, you've lost a fan. Good luck gang.

I'm no stock market analyst, but it's my guess that the money you've made from this game so far will take a sharp decline within the next week after this bad release. This rings of the recent iPhone 4 situation. I really hope someone from Blizzard is actually reading these reviews because and respond quickly about it. I don't think this will happen though. I really don't think they care.

2.0 out of 5 stars My nephew was disappointed, November 2, 2010
This review is from: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Video Game)
Game seems to be incomplete, and seems to be little more than a way to acquire Battlenet subscriptions. This is the last time I spend money on a Blizzard Game for my nephew. It is too dependent on the internet and high speed connections so it sometimes ends up being slow and choppy.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / XP)
$19.99 $18.30