5.0 out of 5 stars Works with DVR Expander when included cable did not
I bought this extra eSATA cable to go with a Western Digital DVR Expander even though the DVR Expander comes with a USB cable and an eSATA cable included. I had read in other customer comments on other external hard drive products that the included cables are usually "garbage". For the extra couple of bucks I ordered this cable along with the DVR Expander. I'm sure...
Published on February 16, 2011 by M. Finn

2.0 out of 5 stars Cable Failed after 3 months
I brought this cable to use with my desktop PC and external harddisk, after about 3 months it failed

The cable connection appeared loose - I'm not sure if this is specific to this cable or a design issues with eSata, but i'd expect the connector to lock into place. On several occasions this caused my PC to fail to boot due to the cable becoming loose. The...
Published on September 14, 2010 by Colin42

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 430 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps to connect my WD 1TB external Hard Drivfe with my Roamia TiVo Plus, January 22, 2014
This is needed when connecting eSATA with your TiVo Roamio and your WD 1TB, 2RD or 5TB external Hard Drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's A-OKAY!, December 16, 2013
I strung this cable between my 2009 Mac Pro and OWC Elite Pro external hard drive and experienced a nice speed bump over Firewire 800 and USB2. The cable is well made with firm fitting connectors, flexible flat cable and molded jackets. If I buy another eSATA drive, this cable will be at the top of my list. It's A-OKAY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not for Tivo ???, August 5, 2012
I bought this cable to go with my purchase of a Western Digital DVR Expander, connecting to Tivo. On talking with a tech help at WD. though i changed my mind and went with the cable supplied, placing the hard drive closer to the Tivo to accommodate. For best connectivity WD. did not recommend using a cable over 3 feet, which is why they supply that length, and not 6 feet, in the first place i suppose. Not being a tech guru I went with their advice and pass this along for prospective buyers to consider...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid,well build cable, June 6, 2012
This review is from: StarTech 3-Feet Shielded External eSATA Cable M/M (ESATA3) (Electronics)
Heavy duty contraction for this price???? very good deal.
Even though some say its a bit stiff... it's because cable have double wire + double shielded = protected from any radio/magnetic interference.
Now, it's up to you - convenience or reliability of precious data transfer ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but a little loose where it plugs in., May 21, 2012
It unplugs fairly easily if the cable is shifted around at all. Other than that, it works fine. Worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised..., October 12, 2011
I am using the E-SATA cable with an E-SATA / USB-II external drive box that contains a 2Tb SATA hard drive. I was able to boot-up Windows 7/32 in the E-SATA box as if the 2Tb SATA hard drive was connected as C:\ internally. I have not tried Windows 7/64 at the E-SATA connection, but I can't imagine it would work any differently. Windows 7/64 is now loaded on the internal SATA drive.
The difference between 32 bit Windows and 64 bit Windows is quite noticeable, with 64 bit version seeming to be about 16x faster.
That statement should not be misconstrued to imply that the SATA internal drive is faster than the E-SATA drive. They are identical drives mechanically and model-number wise, and speed is consistent whether mounted internally or externally. This can be verified with the Windows 7 performance monitor app.
Delivery was on-time. As always, I recommend tracking for all Amazon shipping.

2.0 out of 5 stars eSATA cable Works, low price, June 4, 2011
Wanted a longer cable than what's supplied with WD My DVR Expander to use with my DirecTv HR24-500;
and this cable worked fine, and then 3 days later vibrated out of socket, wasn't in tight enough. I got refund

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beat for the price, December 16, 2010
For all fellow computer geeks, audiophiles, and videophiles... listen very closely: this cheap cable works PERFECTLY connecting my TiVo to my 500 GB "My DVR Expander" external HDD. You do NOT need to spend top dollar on cables! Do not let the salespeople in your electronic store, or your friends who "know a lot about electronics" talk you into a more expensive cable. It's digital, people! It's 0s and 1s... the data is either going to get there, or it's not going to get there. There is no in-between like analog connections. Just like HDMI cables... don't but the $50 premium brand cable; the $10 cable sitting next to it on the shelf is just as good. Save your money and buy this cable, it works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality eSATA cable for a reasonable price., October 8, 2010
I've used this cable for a few days and it has performed well with my external hard drive. Transfer speeds are greater than twice as fast as they are with the USB 2 connection to the drive. Since I've had it for only a few days I cannot comment on its durability, but it seems to be very well made. The connectors on the cable fit the connections on the computer and disk drive quite snugly (loose connections seem to be complaint associated with some eSATA cables). In fact the connections are so snug that one must use some force to get the connector on the cable fully inserted into the connections on the hardware. (At first I thought one of the cables I received was defective because it was not completely inserted into the computer connection.) I would say that these cables are a good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well Plain and Simple, October 1, 2010
Amazon Customer (St. Petersburg, FL) - See all my reviews
Simply put, the cable works well. Hooked it up and started transferring data. The longer cable is what sold me on purchasing this product and I'm glad I did.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 430 | Next ›