5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and picture quality

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy from UCable
Published on May 18, 2011 by DS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and picture quality, September 9, 2003
"zachn" (Elkins Park, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StarTech 6-Feet Coax High Resolution Monitor VGA Video Cable - HD15 to HD15 M/M (Personal Computers)
I have a really sharp Trinitron monitor which came with a decent quality video cable and text was sharp and clear. Recently I bought a new top-brand Geforce 4 Ti4800 video card and, after installing it, text became significantly ghosted. I later heard that the manufacturer used cheap parts which degrade the signal at high frequency (above 60Hz) when used in 2D (i.e. text) mode. I had to switch to 60 Hz to get sharp text, which still wasn't as sharp as it was with my previous graphics card running at 85Hz. Every step above 60Hz became increasingly ghosted. 85Hz and higher is much easier on the eyes, so I searched for a VGA cable to replace the one that I thought was pretty good. I decided to try a mid-priced cable, this Startech model. I liked their site and felt confident that they were selling a quality product. I connected it and PERFECT! I was back to sharp, clear text at 85Hz (and all the way up to 144Hz). This is an excellent cable for a great price and if you suffer with blurry text or ghost images, please give this one a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have accessory for HDTV owners!, September 23, 2007
Gary (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
I use this cable to connect my HP laptop to my Toshiba 42HL67 HDTV. Crystal clear signal, easy to connect, fantastic price! At big box stores, the same type of cable sells for $20+!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cable...anywhere, July 23, 2007
I wanted a cable that ran from my computer to my HDTV, had great picture quality, and didn't want to pay for advertising(ex. MONSTER CABLE) .I was not disapointed. Very clear(and heavy) cable. It is very sturdy too. Contrast is awsome. Overall very nice cable for the price. I now use it to play games on my TV from my computer(and watch HDTV trailers)
PS. even though it is 15ft long ...there is no ghosting or picture abnormalities.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy from UCable, May 18, 2011
Based on other reviews I thought I would take a chance on this. It seems that there are different quality cables being sold under the same listing dependent upon who you buy from. Do not buy this from UCable because they are selling an extremely low quality cable. I immediately had severe ghosting when I hooked it up. I tried the cable with three monitors and it caused severe ghosting on all of them, I also checked the monitors with other cables and they all work great. When I tried contacting them for a refund for a defective product they told me that VGA cables are not for High Resolution displays like LCDs but only for CRTs (not true and contradicts the product description). Then they told me to write "Return to Sender" on the package to send it back, which wouldn't have worked since the package was already open.

1.0 out of 5 stars Satisfaction4U, July 6, 2011
sonia (Upper Lake, California, United States) - See all my reviews
Stay away from this vendor, If you don't give him five stars you will get nasty emails from him! This man went so far as to go to Amazon and have my "Fair" review REMOVED! He's Dirty Pool, Im waring you! The product is inferior, you do not get what is in the picture either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct from PC to LCD TV, March 8, 2007
I am using this cable to go from my Dell PC to my new 42" Toshiba LCD, picture reproduction is excellent and no signal loss over the distance of 25'.

5.0 out of 5 stars SVGA Monitor Cable, January 29, 2006
The product works absolutely great... i hooked my pc to my 50" lcd and did not lose any quality... a great buy at a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, especially for the price!, March 29, 2007
DXLi "Elunah" (Charlestown, MA, USA) - See all my reviews
I currently use an ATi x800 video card with two LCD displays, one of which is VGA. For the past year or so, I've been using a cable that came with the monitor, and recently, it's been causing all sorts of problems--color flickering, display signal loss, etc. When looking for a replacement VGA cable, this one caught my eye.

After installing it, I found that the picture quality and brightness was better than I remember originally, and all the previous problems were gone. I've never had a problem with ghosting, even with fast-paced FPS games, but I can say for sure that this cable doesn't ghost. It feels very well-constructed (is about twice the diameter of my previous cable), and comes with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. The only caveat is that because of its sturdy construction, the ends don't bend too well if you need to fit them in at an angle. Otherwise, excellent cable, and definitely far better than any in its price range!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cable for good price, October 10, 2007
The vga cable worked great to plug my laptop on a lcd tv, the image was great and so is the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for connecting Sony laptop to HDTV, September 3, 2009
I use this to connect my Sony Vaio to my HDTV (Samsung). The cord works really well to let me watch online shows on my TV through my computer.

Just a note for anyone struggling with hooking up their Sony: My TV initially would not recognize that there was any input. You may have to update some various things (go to the Sony website to get those upgrades that are specific to your type of laptop. I did this and still couldn't get it to work, but it at least saw that there was input, it just said something about not being able to use the data or something along those lines. After some fiddling, I changed one of the settings to 60Hz (sorry I can't remember exactly where it was, somewhere under Control Panel and then Other... it's the same place where you tell it to use two screens). That did it! I've been pretty pleased with the quality- it's not superfantastic like watching a bluray but definitely better than watching TV on my laptop.

Rate and Discover Movies