5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
This cable met my requirements perfectly; 1) The mini DVI connector is small, just a little larger than the jack itself, so it doesn't get in the way of adjacent ports. 2) The cable is thin, it's flexible, but not really wiggly flexible like a headphone cord is. 3) It is black in color to match the other cables - All perfect for my laptop to connect to a second monitor!
Published on March 24, 2012 by JP Electron

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 out of 5 stopped working within 3 months.
These adapters (purchased directly from Amazon.com) fail to hold up. The case quality is nice, but the wiring inside is not as good. I have purchased 5 of these and only 2 are still working after 3 months.
Published 14 months ago by J Bany

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, March 24, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just as good as the original adapter from a major computer manufacture., June 21, 2012
This review is from: StarTech MDP2DVI Mini DisplayPort to DVI Video Adapter Converter (Electronics)
We have over 30 macminis and mac laptops in our office each connecting to a third party display. This mini display port has been working great on multiple systems for over a year using different brands of monitors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect male DVI-D dual link, May 13, 2012
Used to connect a Macbook Pro to a Dell 2407WFP, a 24" with 1920 x 1200 resolution. It works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect So Far, November 1, 2011
The cable is thin, just slightly thicker than the Apple adapter cable. The the mini display port is small - about the same size as the Apple adapter. Why there aren't more of these I don't know. I can't stand using those ridiculous bulky and clumsy adapters.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 out of 5 stopped working within 3 months., June 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement unreliable Apple adapter, November 11, 2012
Living in Budapest "livinginhungary" (Budapest, Hungary (originally Ann Arbor, MI)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I had been using Apple's Mini Display to DVI adapter. It worked OK at first but eventually it became unreliable. I often had to pull the DVI plug in and out to get my Samsung monitor to work This process sometimes took 20-25 minutes. This StarTech Mini Display Por to DVI adapter works flawlessly. I've been using it for an older MacBook 13 and my new MacBook Air 11". It worked the very first time without incident and continues to work. Save your money and go with this adapter instead of the Apple one.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOD, December 3, 2013
This did not work straight out of the box. I plug it into my mac and just get fuzzy connection. I wish I could return it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with all monitors, August 12, 2013
slowcar (Bellevue, WA) - See all my reviews
I bought this cable to connect a Surface Pro to a Dell U2410 monitor using one of the monitor's DVI inputs. (And yes, I know the U2410 has a DisplayPort input, but I have a desktop computer that is already using that port.)

Unfortunately, the U2410 won't display any actual video image from the Surface Pro. The Surface Pro knows the Dell is plugged in, because the U2410 shows up as a second display in the Screen Resolution control panel, and the Surface Pro's screen saver even turns the U2410 off and on when it goes into or out of power save mode. But no actual image shows up. I've tried all the modes: duplicate, extend, second screen only - and nothing works. I even tried plugging this cable into the U2410's HDMI input using a DVI-to-HDMI adapter; still nothing.

However, the cable can't be inherently defective, because when I use this cable with that same DVI-to-HDMI adapter to plug the Surface Pro into my Onkyo receiver, which in turn is connected to a Pioneer TV, then the Surface Pro can display 1080p video on the TV just fine! No audio, obviously, since DVI doesn't support audio. But the fact that it works with the TV is why I'm giving the cable 3 stars instead of 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly., July 6, 2013
don't bother with Apple's expensive one, this one is just as good.
I have it connected to my adc-to-dvi adapter from my retina macbook pro.

1.0 out of 5 stars worked for 3 weeks, July 4, 2013
short and sweet
- worked great
- 3 weeks went by, stopped working
- disappointed, go with the OEM Mac version for the adapter unless this improves

Rate and Discover Movies