4.0 out of 5 stars It works quite well, quality built.
I use this cable to extend the connection between my Apple Cinema Display monitor and the MacPro computer. Not a problem and it works very well.
Published on November 3, 2007 by M. W.

1.0 out of 5 stars Little Green Dots
Published on November 27, 2007 by B. O'Donnell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It works quite well, quality built., November 3, 2007
M. W. (Vienna, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StarTech.com 10-Feet DVI-D Dual Link Monitor Extension Cable - M/F (DVIDDMF10) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Extention, September 8, 2011
I got this to extend a short DVI to HDMI cable that worked perfectly from my computer to tv. The HDMI out on my video card was unreliable causing screen to flash. But DVI out worked fine even get stronger sound levels. This cable is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality cables, August 3, 2007
Sub Zero (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
The DVI extension cables appeared to be considerably thicker and higher quality than the ones that came with my computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Little Green Dots, November 27, 2007
B. O'Donnell (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this as an extension to a Apple 23" Cinema Display. The female end does not accept the standard tightening screws, which may explain why the screen image had hundreds of pixels replaced by bright green dots, especially in darker areas of the screen. Either the connection cannot be made tight enough (lack of screws) or the cable is simply inferior. To check, I purchased a replacement (same female to male 6' dvi cable) by "Cable to Go" and it works perfectly. The replacement cable has tightening screws at the female end, so I don't know exactly why this StarTech cable failed, but it failed. In a quasi-controlled experiment, the StarTech cable gets one star (you do get most of the video signal).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable; works well as intended., August 7, 2014
Works well - does the job - no problems. I would have preferred one with thumb screws on both ends but that is not a deal breaker. Be sure to put the thumb screw end on your monitor since gravity tends to pull apart the connection. Most monitors are designed so that the cable will be oriented up and down. Use the non-thumb screw side on your computer where likely it will be oriented horizontally thus less likely to come apart with light jostling when you touch or adjust the monitor. Otherwise, it is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me alot of money!, July 14, 2014
This cable is so good and cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, June 25, 2014
I needed a longer cable so I decided to try this one from StarTech. I crossed my fingers that it would work, and it did. Connections are snug, which is good. I have no complaints!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, March 8, 2014
Works well, even with my Auria 2560 X 1440 display. I have not noticed and reduction in bandwidth, in spite of the length of the cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, January 2, 2014
Simple, solid construction does all I needed. This does not feel like a cheap, flimsy cable, and after purchasing a number of Startech items now, I am beginning to like the brand as a whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars When that cable's just not quite long enough..., December 10, 2013
Personne (Rocky Mountain West) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I've got a long cable run from my computer room to where my work area is. After moving some equipment, my long DVI cable wasn't quite long enough. I attached this extension and an getting good, stable signal (1920 x 1200). Happy camper.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›