5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer treat!
Published on July 10, 2010 by Blumbriel

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Sugar, 83% By Weight!
Initially I was a fan of Starbucks VIA Iced Coffee. It's convenient, it's tasty, and it's an affordable alternative to an in-store iced coffee. However after taking the product home, I was shocked to discover just how much sugar it contains. The first thing you notice when emptying the packet into a cup is the huge amount of white granules staring back at you...
Published on August 26, 2010 by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer treat!, July 10, 2010
I'm a huge fan of iced coffee, but I don't own a coffee pot. I recall trying Starbucks VIA in stores a few months ago, and the barista telling me that it could dissolve in cold water or milk (unlike normal instant coffees), and tucked it away in the back of my head to try it this summer. I was pleasantly surprised when Starbucks came out with the VIA Iced Coffee packages, mostly because it was designed for a 16 oz serving and lightly sweetened with sugar (100 calories in the entire packet, 50 calories for an 8 oz serving). I add it directly to 16 oz of skim milk, add a little extra sweetener, and shake it all up in a water bottle. It's delicious! It has the classic Starbucks coffee flavor, without being overly bitter, because the coffee hasn't been brewed. It dissolves almost instantly, sugar and coffee and all, in COLD liquid, with no residue or sediment at the bottom.

At $1.00 a packet, it's not cheap - but it is cheaper than getting an iced coffee at Starbucks, and just as delicious - plus, you don't need to leave your house. I used to make cold brewed coffee to drink iced, but that has to be done the night before to extract the full flavor, and then you need to strain it, and to make larger quantities was just cumbersome without the right equipment. I love that I can just pour a packet into a water bottle, add water or milk and sweeteners, and instantly have delicious iced coffee!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Sugar, 83% By Weight!, August 26, 2010

Each VIA packet contains 22g of sugar, and just 4.6g of coffee! This is the equivalent of SIX packets of sugar! Starbucks says each VIA is two servings, meaning 11g of sugar each, but you're likely to have the whole thing (14-16oz with water) in one sitting. That's 100 empty Calories (more if you're adding cream).

PROS: Quick, tasty.
CONS: Too much sugar, slightly bitter/burnt taste.

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: Starbucks needs to either cut the sugar content in half, or make a "light" version using Splenda or Stevia as a sweetener.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, July 7, 2010
I'm not an "instant coffee" lover, but this tastes great. I add it to a 16.9 oz. water bottle - shake it up and pour it over ice - add some milk. Perfect amount of sweetness. I also like that it's not artifically sweetened. It's a little pricey, but perfect for the workplace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful!, September 28, 2011
This review is from: Starbucks VIA® Iced Caramel Coffee by Starbucks Coffee 6 pack (Misc.)
Buy this product with the upfront understanding that you may become hooked.
Who knew I would love this product so much. I've tried the hot Via but was not hooked till this product. I do not like strong coffee so I mix half the tube with 12 oz water(directions say 8oz) fill my 24oz cup with ice so coffee is about an inch from the top, then top off with soy or almond milk. Yum I could have one every day. I may have to try it according to pkg directions but at any rate, I am a happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This!!!, July 31, 2011
I have been a huge Starbucks fan for many many years... even before most people knew what Starbucks was. I have tried just about every retail product they have offered over the years and this is by far my favorite. I mix a pack in a large frap. style cup w/about 2/3 milk, a shot of choc. syrup & the rest water and ice. Even my husband who is a huge coffee snob tried it and loved it. Great treat, great price for a Sbucks product, & super convenient!!! If you like the sweeter Sbucks products like fraps., you'll probably love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good and addicting, January 5, 2011
Exactly what the product says... dissolves beautifully in cold liquids, and tastes much better than other instant coffees. I've gotten into the habit of adding it directly to some soymilk to make my own iced soy latte. It's on the sweet side (I prefer my coffee to have some bitter notes, this one is all sweet) but since the sugar actually dissolves in cold liquids I'm not complaining too hard. The caffeine level is pretty strong though; I normally have a cup or two of coffee a day and I'm fine, but one packet of this and I was bouncing off the walls. So be warned that while they claim that 1 full packet is a serving, it might not be the case for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, but strong, July 13, 2010
anonymous (Falls Church, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Great taste, but surprisingly strong coffee. I mix it with 16 oz and pour it into a travel mug full of ice. I can usually get 2.5 cups out of one packet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves money and taste better!, July 9, 2010
Randy Griffin (Wodonga, VIC Australia) - See all my reviews
I normally get an iced grande caramel macchiato at Starbucks for almost $5, this taste just as good to me and it's just over $1. I don't add any water and just use milk when I mix it up and it is really good!

3.0 out of 5 stars IT'S ONLY 6 PACKETS, May 24, 2014
Kassie (Austin, TX) - See all my reviews
Pay attention and don't be fooled by commenters who are confused. One box. Six packets. $12. RIP OFF. I regret buying this more than anything. I love the VIA, but I would have gotten more for my money ANYWHERE else other than from this place. Extreme rip off. This product should cost NO MORE than $6.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!, January 15, 2014
I LOVE THIS. I use the original. It is so easy and tastes Great by itself and even better with a splash of chocolate milk. It makes a HUGE glass when you put it on ice. Lasts me all afternoon. The coffee is strong enough that even as the ice melts you just stir it up and it still tastes great. I get it for about $7.00 for a 6 pack at Walmart. That seems pricy at the time, but it is cheap when you think of a 12 oz costing 3 to 4 times more at a Starbucks store. I think the sweetness it just perfect. Try it once and you too will be hooked. I drink it in the dead of winter in Minnesota when the outside temp is 20 below.

Rate and Discover Movies