Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

Format: Video Game|Change

on August 3, 2010
I was a very active player during the Beta testing and I must say that it is just as (or more) addictive and fun as the original!

1) I'm glad they have split up the races into 3 installments. This means I have more to look forward to!
2) The price is the current standard. At least [...] is free!!
3) If your disappointed about LAN play, then you've probably been playing ripped versions anyway. I believe they will make more sales by keeping the pirates at bay.

Super fun game by a company that does it RIGHT!
on July 27, 2010
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty is a game 11 years in the making. It is truly a masterpiece of strategy and art. The battle.net online experience is truly phenomenal. It makes getting into a match, or connecting with friends a breeze. Buy this game now and enjoy it for the years to come!
on August 3, 2010
One of the best strategy games, I have ever played. Single player is more varied than SC1 and multi-player is just as strong if not better. Battle.net 2.0 has some issues but as a whole I think the improvements make playing online very accessible. All RTS fans should buy this game.
on June 8, 2011
To be honest, most of the reviews here are written by people that dont really know how blizzard or game companies work. Sure you played most of their games, but maybe your just ignorant or too young at that time to realize some facts.

If you played starcraft 1 when it first came out.. then you would know it took a lot of patches and time to make the game great. To make the long story short, patch < 1.0 in sc1 was piece of crap. It sucked. I would post a link where it shows you when sc1 was at patch < 1.0 but i cant find it anymore. Finally over time it became balanced and exciting. It takes time for a new game to get better.

Chatrooms are back, custom games are more organized, and melee is more balanced.
PROS: Sc2 is always improving. Chatrooms, custom games, graphics, melee balanced, story, less lag, frequent patching, region locks (less people are dropped and less lag). 1 Real ID( I dont get matched up with someone way better than me.) Good players cant make new ids and play against noobs. Region ladder. Competitive game play.

CONS: No LAN (reason is because of pirating) thank those who didnt want to spend $20 for the sc1. Login to play single player. More noob friendly ( More about hard counters less about micros.) Less about massing and more like Command and Conquer.

Overall a good game. Its still improving.
on July 28, 2010
I'll be honest. I'm middling at best when it comes to starcraft multiplayer. The single player campaign though is so much better than starcraft 1 that even if the game was sold seperately from its multiplayer content, I'd have bought it. Blizzard added a ton of great extras such as tech upgrades trees during the story where one choice of upgrade means you can never pickup the other. The story so far (I'm only a ways into the story so far) is great. I cannot wait for the two planned expansions to come out. If they include half the content this game does, then I'd still be willing to pay $59.99 for them. GREAT GREAT GAME!
on August 28, 2010
Overall the game was very fun. The only downside is that there is no LAN and u need a really good computer to have graphics on ultra or high.
on July 29, 2010
I understand everyone's complaints about the single human campaign, and the lack of LAN play. But really, I don't care. I got this game mostly for the single-player campaign. I played for a few hours and it was just as hard to stop as it was with the first game. I love this game. I'm sure I'll be irritated when I run out of missions on the single player campaign, but you know what? That's the mark of a good game.
on August 2, 2010
I don't care what people are saying about this game. All the reviewers gave it a 10 out of 10, and they were right! if I could have given this MOAR stars, I would have.

Side note: Man what a great story and plot, I played it through on all difficulties and beat it all because it's just that satisfying.
on August 25, 2010
Pros:
- Excellent graphics.
- Great game story.
- Amazing online game.

Cons:

- No LAN multiplayer game.
- No Wraiths, Firebats, Science vessel in multiplayer games.
on September 10, 2011
Everyone remembers the good old days with sc1, now sc2 brings everything back with wayyyy more stuff. New units, gameplay, extremely good graphics, and above all a competitive feel. Sc2 was made for competitive use, MLG, NASL, GSL, and other player run tournaments are what makes it shine. Personally i hold a place in 1st masters, and i get to play in some of the larger more lucrative tournaments. This is not a game for CAMPAIGN it sucked, get over it thats not what the game is about. People play sc2 for the ONLINE multiplayer. It has tons of good fun customs for you more casual types. In general if your looking for a "fun casual" game then stay far away. Its competitive and takes real skill to master fully, If you do master it though you can make some profit off of playing. Heck even the lowest leagues have 200$ tournaments. :)