Customer Discussions > StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty forum

Can you play Starcraft 2 single player without being online

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-38 of 38 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2010 7:45:57 PM PDT
This game has both. It has a single player campaign with 30 chapters (or levels) and it's multiplayer as well. The game is not subscription based like WoW.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2010 2:08:47 PM PDT
Bud says:
If you play as a guest, does that mean I cant save my progress in single player mode?
Does that mean I have to finish the game in one sitting!?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2010 10:24:45 PM PDT
Clark Nova says:
No, playing offline does save your progress, it just doesn't update your achievements which are tracked online.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2010 10:55:40 AM PDT
Dale967 says:
Do you have to re-register (reactivate) on the same pc after 30 days to continue playing offline in "Guest" mode?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2010 9:23:21 PM PDT
well said

Posted on Aug 16, 2010 9:03:39 PM PDT
I play starcraft brood war like solitaire. This ridiculous data mining is sad and, in addition, the downloading to battlenet is so slow it might as well be on a dial up modem. What the hell? Just get out of the way of your own product. This new social gaming aspect is a buzz kill.

Posted on Aug 16, 2010 9:14:10 PM PDT
Currently 21 hrs and a huge bag of techno bull to speed up 'one time log in'. Piracy I understand. That's why I paid. I love the stupid game. I don't want to go adjust the fuel injector to drive the car. Why should I have to screw the firewall to get a hookup? These guys at Blizzard make me a little paranoid with their paranoia.

Posted on Aug 16, 2010 10:12:46 PM PDT
Agh. Slowwwly I turned, slowwly, yess yeeessss. Slipping the dagger out of my shoe. The Blizzard whipsnard was lifting his glass of chardonnay to his purple puffy lips unaware of the withered client in a waiter's smock loitering at his backside, the Gom Jabbor in his angry hand. O, my pretty skank dog exec, he thought, soon you will be longing for the way things were, the pretty vision of world domination a la BlizzFark dancing across your sugar plum VCR pre-brain. Too late, too late the inevitable paralysis will shout through your feeble nueral network and I and my fellow 'waitpeople' will help you to the freight elevator, help you to the waiting 'Meat Delivery' Van ( a white van, driven by an angry White Van Man) to a waiting De and Reconstruction vat. And that.. will be that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2011 11:13:44 PM PDT
not quite true actually. activation by phone has been around since then

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 8:22:53 PM PST
i need the activation code to play the full version of this game could somebody give that to me please?

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 6:25:05 AM PST
No...no you can't. It's an acknowledged bug that's been around since the game was released and STILL isn't fixed. Save yourself some money and grief and just get a hacked version off the internet if all you want is to play campaign/skirmish mode. There's also a LAN hack out as well that works now if that's more your thing.

I have crappy net that only works part of the time, and since the authentication is still messed up, I can't play my legitimately purchased copy most of the time. After months of waiting for a fix, I finally said screw it, and went with a cracked version and haven't looked back. It's a sad day when you have to turn to pirates to get a game worth playing. And because of this whole fiasco that 60 bucks is the last money blizzard will ever see from me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 1:18:34 PM PST
Mr.Law says:
I agree with you on that bro. The guest sign on that everyone is talking about doesn't work. Because once you shutdown the computer it clears the files that are stored in volatile memory and you have to connect to play single player. Hibernation mode does work, but you eventually have to shut down. I'll never spend $60 on blizzard if they are going to go this fascist route. The answer is so simple. Quit being so greedy and sell the games for $15 to $20 a pop people will not want to pirate and if your worried about the cost to make these games. Vote to reenact the glass steagal act to get money speculators(Wall Street/Federal reserve) out of your business.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:41:00 PM PST
I **WAS** interested in this game. I loved StarCraft I, but it won't run on OS X 10.7 or later. My job requires me to be on the road frequently, and I don't always have continuous access to the 'net,' so any game that won't play off-line is a non-starter for me. I'll spend my money on Steam or in the Apple App store where this isn't an issue.

I also have to say: shame on Blizzard for releasing a game that pretty much prevents the soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines deployed overseas from being able to play in an off-line standalone or lan party mode. My last deployment involved periods much greater than 30 days between opportunities to access the internet.

Big hint Blizzard. My Steam and Apple App Store games work just fine in standalone/off-line mode.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  29
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / XP)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (1,915)