Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Stargate SG-1 Season 6 Boxed Set” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 76% off the $49.96 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Stargate SG-1 Season 6 Boxed Set
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Per Episode||Buy Season|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- 22 episodes on five discs: Redemption parts 1 and 2, Descent, Frozen, Nightwalkers, Abyss, Shadow Play, The Other Guys, Allegiance, Cure, Prometheus, Unnatural Selection, Sight Unseen, Smoke and Mirrors, Paradise Lost, Metamorphosis, Disclosure, Forsaken, The Changeling, Memento, Prophecy, Full Circle
- Audio commentary on each episode
- SG-1 Directors Series featurettes on each disc
Top Customer Reviews
Here is an episode guide, with a tiny description.
1. Redemption - Part 1: The Stargate malfunctions and threatens to destroy all life on Earth.
2. Redemption - Part 2: Teal'c and Ryac decide to destroy the weapon that has turned the Stargate into a bomb.
3. Descent: After being ambushed, Carter and an SG-1 team crash into the Pacific Ocean.
4. Frozen: A woman who has been frozen for thousands of years is thawed and returns to life, infecting the others with a deadly virus.
5. Nightwalkers: Immunitech is implanting Gou'ald symbiotes into the citizens of an Oregon town.
6. Abyss: Jack is captured and tortured by the Gou'ald. Daniel Jackson's ghost returns to help him.
7. Shadowplay: The Kelownans, who are from Jonas's home planet, negotiate for Earth's superior military technology. Dr. Kieran, a Kelownan scientist, tells Jonas that he is part of a resistance movement trying to save the planet.
8. The Other Guys: Felger and Coombs try to rescue an SG-1 team, who was taken captive by the Gou'ald.
9. Allegiance: Artok is suspected of Ocker's murder, and then is murdered himself.
10.Read more ›
But the real disappointment for me was the dark, X-Files-like direction the show took. Gone was wonder of the 'Gate and the excitement of new worlds and cultures. It became too mottled down in Earthbound stories of corruption and conspiracies.
Abyss was an excellent episode for the fact that Richard Dean Anderson and Micheal Shanks share a rare chemistry. It's apparent they enjoy playing off one another. That's SG-1 at its best. The byplay between the characters, with cool special effects thrown in!
Changeling was also a great episode because it dealt with the interaction of the characters trying to help each other.
With Richard Dean Anderson decreasing his part, and with Micheal Shanks absent, it fell to Amanda Tapping and Chris Judge to carry the season. They did an admirable job, but the team dynamics are what made this show what it was and you can't keep those dynamics with only 50% of said team.
I have all the seasons, so I had to have this one, But I'm anxiously waiting for Season 7!
Despite these changes, though certainly not because of them, the show remained steady and solid throughout the season. There were a number of truly superb individual episodes and the show generally maintained the quality that had distinguished it for several seasons. Corin Nemec did the best he could to fill the gap left by the departure of Daniel Jackson. To compensate for his lack of education compared to Daniel, the writers gave him an unusual ability to absorb new knowledge. There were also hints that his physiology was unique in some way that felt as if it would have played a major role in future seasons. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I suppose), the return of Daniel Jackson to the show precluded the need for Jonas, and he was with only a tiny bit of ceremony shipped back to his home planet very early in Season Seven. I personally had mixed feelings about Jonas's presence and departure.Read more ›
Can any Sci-Fi afficionado not be impressed by the originality of the entire Stargate setup, from the effect of seeing a starship come out of hyperspace to the warm feeling one gets when the Asgard (usually represented by Thor) show up and that special music starts playing?
This is probably the only TV series in which I'll purchase every season's DVD boxset.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
4 stars is my top rating because 5 would be perfect & nothing is perfect except God & Jesus.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
I like seeing the the show in the order they were written and seen on tv reruns I seen were not always in orderPublished 4 days ago by travis smith
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > MGM Home Entertainment > All MGM Titles
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > MGM Home Entertainment > All MGM Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Sci Fi Channel > All Sci Fi Channel Shows
- Movies & TV > TV