The Starrett S117PC set includes five center punches with a round shank and 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 1/8", and 5/32" diameter tapered points. The set comes with a red plastic case for storage. Each punch is made from hardened and tempered steel, which provides wear resistance and strength. The round shanks are knurled for grip.
Center punches make small dimple marks in a workpiece to help guide a drill bit. Manual center punches have a metal shank with a point and are typically tapped with a ball-peen hammer to mark the material. Automatic center punches have an internal spring mechanism that enables them to mark the material without using a hammer, leaving one hand free for steadying the work.
The L.S. Starrett Company manufactures precision measuring tools, metrology and testing equipment, and saw blade products. The company, founded in 1880, is headquartered in Athol, MA.
What's in the Box?
- Starrett 117AA center punch with 1/16" diameter tapered point and 3" length
- Starrett 117A center punch with 5/64" diameter tapered point and 4" length
- Starrett 117B center punch with 3/32" diameter tapered point and 4" length
- Starrett 117C center punch with 1/8" diameter tapered point and 4" length
- Starrett 117D center punch with 5/32" diameter tapered point and 4" length
- Red plastic storage case
From the Manufacturer
Starrett No. 117 Center Punches are made of steel, hardened and properly tempered. They are well proportioned, nicely finished and have a knurled finger grip. Tips are accurately centered. Sizes 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 1/8", and 5/32".