The Starrett S264WB set includes seven center punches with a square shank, and 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", and 1/4" diameter tapered points. The set comes with a round red plastic case for storage. Each punch has a tempered steel shank for strength and a hardened steel point for wear resistance. The shanks are knurled for grip and have a square shape to prevent them from rolling when placed on a work surface.
Center punches make small dimple marks in a workpiece to help guide a drill bit. Manual center punches have a metal shank with a point and are typically tapped with a ball-peen hammer to mark the material. Automatic center punches have an internal spring mechanism that enables them to mark the material without using a hammer, leaving one hand free for steadying the work.
The L.S. Starrett Company manufactures precision measuring tools, metrology and testing equipment, and saw blade products. The company, founded in 1880, is headquartered in Athol, MA.
What's in the Box?
- Starrett 264A center punch with 1/16" diameter tapered point and 3" length
- Starrett 264B center punch with 5/64" diameter tapered point and 3-1/2" length
- Starrett 264C center punch with 3/32" diameter tapered point and 3-3/4" length
- Starrett 264D center punch with 1/8" diameter tapered point and 4" length
- Starrett 264E center punch with 5/32" diameter tapered point and 4-1/4" length
- Starrett 264F center punch with 3/16" diameter tapered point and 4-1/2" length
- Starrett 264G center punch with 1/4" tapered point diameter and 5" length
- Round red plastic storage case
From the Manufacturer
Starrett No. 264 Center Punches are made of steel, hardened and properly tempered. They have a square knurled grip and will not roll when laid down. Sizes included are 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", and 1/4" in a round wood box