Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Starship
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$8.91

on May 2, 2011
If you're familiar with Team Starkid's earlier works, you already know that they are talented bunch of folks. In their latest work, "Starship", they continue to blossom.

Kind of strange cross between Starship Troopers, Aliens, and The Little Mermaid, Starship tells the story of Bug who is... well... a bug, a bug that longs for a life outside of the hive. But when Bug is presented with a a way to make his dreams come true, he must decide whether or not that new life is worth betraying his people.

Clever lyrics and catchy tunes makes this soundtrack a must have for fans.
on May 18, 2011
Others have compared the show to a lot of things but for me, the show was a combination of Starship Troopers, Avatar, and Aliens. While watching the musical, the one thing that stood out the most was the music. The lyrics and score of Starkid productions continue to demonstrate massive creativity and growing skill. Furthermore, Joey Richter (Bug) gives a performance beyond his previous efforts. His voice was spot on and you could tell from watching the live performance that his vocal talent has gotten better with each project.

As for the rest of the cast, Starkid brought in some new actors/singers that all gave amazing performances alongside the veterns. Other than Richter, Dylan Saunders (Tootsie Noodles and Pincer) and Brant Cox (Roach)give great male vocal performances along with super female vocals from Meredith Stepien (Mega-Girl) and the awesome Lauren Lopez (Taz).

Even if you don't buy the whole album, it is definitely worth the money to get the two highlights of the show you can't miss: I Wanna Be (Joey Richter's skills shine here) and "Kick it Up a Notch" (Possibly the best song on the album with Dylan Saunders giving a great performance as the devilish bug Pincer). "Status Quo" and "The Way I Do" are also excellent songs that have ended up on my list of favorites.
on May 2, 2011
Okay, internet, confession time. I haven't purchased music for two years (sorry, music industry). But after watching the musical and having their songs stuck in my head for a whole day, I almost feel obliged to. "I Wanna Be" is especially sticky! These songs are AMAZING, and the musical was TOTALLY AWESOME. So I'm going to break my two-year trend now. Thanks, Team Starkid.

Ohyeah, and after a only few hours on iTunes, this album was already at #5. That's how amazing this musical and these songs are!
on July 19, 2012
This soundtrack makes me want to be a starship ranger. I love this soundtrack and love starkid. Starkid is amazing!!!! I love the new starkid who plays February. Another great musical and for this i award 10 points to Gryffindor from me sour grape snape.
on January 6, 2013
I'm a fan of the Starkid musicals, and this is one of my favorites. The soundtrack alone doesn't really do the production justice, but the recordings are good quality. A couple of the songs are pretty catchy-Get Back Up and Status Quo come to mind.