5.0 out of 5 stars Business Classic
I read a lot of books on business and this one's already one of my all time favorites. A must read for anyone in business.
Published 20 months ago by Randy Leong

2.0 out of 5 stars The end could not come fast enough.
Very basic book that's billing was better than its output . There was very little gained except having employees rewrite job descriptions annually.
Published 18 months ago by Jim Thomas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Business Classic, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Start at the End: How Companies Can Grow Bigger and Faster by Reversing Their Business Plan (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ!, December 21, 2012
START AT THE END: HOW COMPANIES CAN GROW BIGGER AND FASTER BY REVERSING THEIR BUSINESS PLAN by Dave Lavinsky is an interesting non-fiction/business. Chucked full of ideas,plans, business and financial model,how to build a strong marketing system and how to increase productivity. If you already own a business you still need to read this book and re-evaluate your dream business. You definitely need to read this book for your vision into the future. For any business owners, or entrepreneurs in your family. A must read! Received for an honest review from the publisher. Details may be find at John Wiley & Sons, Inc. and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING: 5

HEAT RATING: NONE (NON-FICTION)

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book!, December 10, 2012
In reading this book you can tell that the author has done what he is preaching. He has gone out into the trenches and started businesses and used his techniques to be successful and this is something that makes this book unique. I love the ideas that the author shares about visioning and placing the end first as it makes so much sense. I published my second book this year but sales have not been where I want them to be and I really could not figure out why. In reading this book, I re-evaluated my overall goal with the book (which was not to make money though that would be nice) and was able to come up with a new strategy that I think will be successful in 2013 - I am in the planning stages right now! I found so many other transferable pearls of wisdom though in this book that I can put into practice into my everyday work and life as well and I know that you will be able to also!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lavinsky is one of us, November 27, 2012
I love that Dave Lavinsky wrote this book. He is "one of us," i.e. an entrepreneur. He also is an expert on all things related to framing a vision, putting a plan in place, and executing on that plan. Start At The End captures those points and a host of others. This is a must read not just for entrepreneurs but anyone with responsibility for growing an idea and reaching one's goals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas for your business., March 25, 2013
I love the title of this book...I always find the end a great place to begin...except when reading books that is. I start at the end of new math problems that I am unfamiliar with, I start at the end in most magazines I read at the drs. office, I start at the end when making goals....what do I want to accomplish, so this is a great idea...starting at the end that is.

This book has some great ideas for growing your business. If you have a business then you need to be reading. You can't expect to improve things without more knowledge on how business works and especially how yours works. What are you looking to accomplish? Well that is a good place to start...where do you see the business in 5 or 10 years? Start there. Also are you a good leader? So do your employees follow you and think that you know what you are doing and talking about? Well that is needed in any business and you need to get better if you feel you are lacking in this area.

Read this book and see how starting at the end with help you achieve what you planned to when you started the business in the first place. You may need to redesign your business plan...but if it isn't working now that is a good thing to be doing. You need this book if you run a business or are part of a team that does....it's your future... make it a good one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and perfect timing, December 3, 2012
Start At The End couldn't have come at a better time. Before you start planning for 2013, I recommend you read this book and get ready to take plenty of notes. I'm only half way through it and I have dog eared a ton of pages I want to revisit when I start drafting my 2013 marketing plan.

This is a great Christmas present for any entrepreneurs in your family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Inspiring, November 26, 2012
I've seen Dave Lavinsky talk at a few conventions, most recently at this years NYXPO in NYC. He had a jam packed room listening to him teach "how to double you profits." I had to buy this book once i saw the Facebook page. Im about half way through the book so far and i'm so impressed with Lavinsky's method explained in this book. He delivers the content so clearly and easy to follow, its like he's sitting beside you walking you through the process of successfully running your business. It a relaxed read for those unfamiliar with industry terminology like myself and he does a great job defining these terms as well. The book really gives me a rush to close it and go tackle my startup! Anyway, i've learned a ton so far and I can't wait to finish this one and go buy another like it. Good Luck Entrepreneurs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read! Very Helpful!, May 18, 2013
While presently working my way through developing the worksheets prescribed by the author and available online, the book was a quick read, clear, concise and easily understood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must to have for startups, February 8, 2013
Lot of details, simple steps, comes with handy templates to put it for practical use. Easy read, and can finish it quicker. Will definitely recommend to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for entrepreneurs, November 19, 2012
Amazon Customer (ROCKVILLE CENTRE, NY, US) - See all my reviews
David Lavinsky's new book is a must-read for anyone thinking of starting a business, and additionally for existing enterpreneurs that are interested in improving the performance of their business. A great holiday gift for that spouse that is sick of the daily grind and dreams of branching out on his/her own.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›