Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Start-Ups: Silicon Valley Season 1
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 15, 2012
After watching this show I am horribly disturbed at how reality tv has ruined reality! Sure there are a few people out there who are petty and shallow in every industry and any culture or location but really people this is just awful. Its like a train wreck that you cant take your eyes off. Sure a show about how real coders live wouldn't be as interesting but I guess thats what the media makes their money off of. Anyways done with my mini rant on yet another reality tv show. I am also disturbed by the fact that this show doesn't at least have one technical women in tech and that the women are all bloggers or sales people. But then again there is a huge disparity in the number of women engineers to male engineers.
on November 24, 2012
I give most TV shows a chance. This one just hit way too close to home.

I work in San Francisco with others at a small tech startup. To characterize anything that's going on in this show as "what people do at tech startups" is a farce. The 4 of us sit in a small room with blank walls, working on a product & occasionally going out to meet prospective clients prior to releasing our product.

Randy Zuckerberg -- why you did this.. I will never know. You have the opportunity to do so many other things with your life and this is what you chose? Unfortunate. To that end, I am thinking twice about watching "Top Chef" now because I imagine there are many in the culinary industry who probably revile some of the ridiculous challenges and stupidity that ensues in the kitchen.

I hope that people who watch "Start-Ups: Silicon Valley" do more research (like any excited individual should) about what it really takes to build a company from scratch. I think its funny that we are now glamorizing the tech industry for this when thousands of other businesses that are starting up are JUST as interesting (Restaurants, Pharma, Craft, Toy Makers.. etc).
on December 9, 2012
Terrible
If you are a tech person you will hate it
If you love soap operas you might like it
on November 15, 2012
This was amusing to watch. It's over the top, but not so far over the top that it's disconnected from reality. Startup founders and employees are a strange lot.
on August 1, 2014
I was really pretty disappointed in this show. I typically love shows about start-ups, innovation, tech, etc., but this wasn't good. I watched one episode and had to force myself to watch it all the way through. Months later I thought I'd give it another shot since I already paid for it, but I couldn't even get through another full episode before boring myself. Not what I expected from a show named 'Start-ups'. It hardly says much at all about these so called 'start-ups'.
on September 16, 2014
This is not the HBO series, don't make the same mistake l did
on May 10, 2014
There's no way these people are real. It's a very silly drama about some people who should be working front of store at A&F and their attempts at dating, partying and childish disputes. A lot of the party scenes are like watching impro 101.

A complete waste of time.
on September 28, 2014
Bait and switch NOT Silicon Valley the sitcom...
on December 19, 2014
This show is painful to watch. Obviously very staged, and trying to create the Hills in Silicon Valley doesn't work.
on February 24, 2015