Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 11, 2007
I have been considering opening a salon for several years and have now decided to take the next step and actually do it. I was excited to see this book because it looked like exactly what I needed but overall I was disappointed. The material in this book is VERY basic. It would be appropriate for someone with NO knowledge of the beauty industry or business in general. Anyone who has any industry knowledge or who has done even the most basic research will find nothing new here. Much of the information is basic business knowledge that I hope most people contemplating opening a business would already have. There are a few helpful hints but they are buried in the fluff that constitutes the majority of this book - and it isn't even a big book.
on March 5, 2006
I am in the process of starting a business and this book was a great resource. It helped me get right to the point. I also used in conjuction with this book Six-Week Start up by Rhonda Abrams. Both of these books made great complements to each other in making the right moves in the early stages of starting my business.
on March 7, 2011
I have been tossing around the idea of starting up a Hair Salon for a couple years now. I had subscribed to a couple trade magazines, but I was missing a critical element. What I was missing was a book specifically targeted to the Hair Salon Industry. This book filled that need. It was packed with valuable information when it came to equipment, staff, and other startup related issues specific for hair salons.

Now this isn't going to be the ONLY book you will need when starting up a hair salon business. I would recommend you read up on management principles, small business marketing techniques, and proper business planning as well. This is however is a very valuable resource in the whole scheme of things.

If you are thinking about starting up a business like this, I highly recommend this book.
on September 7, 2010
If you are looking for a magic bullet to start your salon and day spa - no single book can do that for you, including this one. This book will give you a good overview of the industry. If you have never studied cosmetology or beauty therapy or never worked in the industry, this book is a good place to start. This start-up guide will serve as a check list: market research - check, business plan - check, website - check, equipment - check, etc.

You will gain insight into the day in the life of the salon and spa owner.

"Start your own Hair Salon and Day Spa" covers: analysing the market, business and marketing plan, choosing a location, advertising, basic sales techniques, running promotions, financial management, legal requirements, salon and spa equipment, hiring staff and resources for continuing education.
on September 11, 2009
I've very recently broken into the salon industry but have always wanted to open a salon. This book does an amazing job of putting everything out on the table so you can really evaluate whether this is something you're able to accomplish. It gives you every detail and leaves nothing up in the air! I learned things I never would have thought about without this book. It even breaks it down for you and shows you what you need to be bringing in in order to accomplish the profit margin youre looking for. Love this book!!!!
on January 25, 2015
Great book, has exceptionally detailed information on how to start your own salon! I thought I was going to bored when I glimpsed through the book and saw all of the chapters and titles and no pictures, but I have literally not been able to put this book down since I purchased it! Great investment!
on August 24, 2013
Satisfied customer. The book arrived today Saturday August 24 2013, earlier than expected.
The book is or brand new or like a brand new :)
Happy with my new book.
Rochelle Miller
on July 8, 2012
Its a very complete guide, with useful tips and relevant information. I would recommend it to someone who is thinking about opening a salon and needs a place to start.
on December 16, 2010
great book for all information and regulations on starting a hair salon...from documents needed to booth rental to insurance... this will walk you through the process.
on October 6, 2013
very helpful in helping me withthe right information. I wish that I've would've read before my first salon. If you are looking to open a new salon read this book