From the Publisher
If your goal is entrepreneurial success but capital is in short supply, this is the book for you. This updated edition contains even more information, practical tips and strategies that proved so successful in the past. Features new chapters on the Small Business Administration and venture capital sources. Includes numerous case histories.
--This text refers to the
From the Back Cover
Live your entrepreneurial dream with noor littlemoney down
Where theres a will, theres a way. Even if you dont have start-up money in the bank, you can get your new business on its feet with ingenuity and knowledge. Starting on a Shoestring is the key to your success. Now in its Fourth Edition, this perennial bestseller has helped thousands of people live out their dreams; it provides the knowledge and the confidence you need to get your business off the ground and up and running. Authoritative, step-by-step guidance will answer your questions, help you plan your strategy, and get you started. In the new Fourth Edition, an all-new chapter covers everything you need to know about the Internet, from creating an online presence for your business to understanding all the tech jargon.
And theres more:
- Make sure your business idea is right for youbefore you take the risk
- Find sources of capital and approach them confidently
- Six common myths: avoid the traps and misconceptions of starting up
- Should you take on a partner?
- Setting up: bargains on equipment, dealing with suppliers, the advantages of leasing, value of consignments
- Marketing and advertising on a shoestring: free publicity, word-of-mouth, creating a prestige image cheaply
- Examples of businesses like yours that maximized their success on the Internet
Now better than ever, Starting on a Shoestring gives you a wealth of vital information youll find in no other bookits your first step to entrepreneurial success.