Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 10, 2012
I've been collecting Gary Priester and Gene Levine's Stereoram books since they were first published. The current one, Startling Stereograms is one of their best. The size, the color, the format, everything about it is perfect second only to their imaginations. As a team they work just right. Thanks again for your creative genius.
on March 16, 2012
Fabulous new release by Levine and Priester! If you enjoy reaching into and exploring the fascinating world of stereograms, you definitely want this book. Levine and Priester have gone over the top with this new edition of truly 'startling' 3D images that contain new and different elements of surprise and fun. Keep them coming!
on February 24, 2012
Prior to the release of this book, the best book of stereograms that I had ever seen was probably Hidden Treasures by the same authors. I just got a copy of Startling Stereograms and it easily surpasses Hidden Treasures. The page layouts incorporate a very simple and elegant design letting the art take center stage in this book. The cover design and quality are absolutely stunning. The artists continue to hone their skills and the resulting stereograms that appear in this book will literally jump off the page at you.
on January 10, 2013
My dad and I used to buy the Sunday paper for the stereograms. Sadly, they stopped including those in the newspaper several years ago. With his birthday coming up, I thought I'd get him a book full of stereograms and we could sit around all and go crossed-eyed figuring out every picture in the book. However, when I started looking on Amazon, I realized there were SO MANY different books. I finally chose "Startling Stereograms" over the other three thousand search results. Ever since the book arrived, I have sat, memorized, on the couch watching 3D images pop off the pages. You won't be disappointed with this book. :)
on March 18, 2014
So if you are like me when these books first came out you probably collected a few of the Magic Eye versions.

This one is my absolute favorite, some of the art has up to 17 layers of visible 3D. Not so flat like the older stuff, other artists. These guys truly have a taste for color, shape and nature. This is art in 3D, not just an exercise for improving your eyesight.
on February 24, 2015
This is the best stereogram book I've found. If you enjoy them, you'll agree that they're magical and wonderful. I would love to do an fMRI or PET scan study of people viewing stereograms; I'd bet that a huge part of the brain would light up, by either metabolic or blood flow measures. Most of these images pop out clearly, and are very three dimensional, rather than lesser images which are often 2D images floating in 3D space. My guess is that this would be a good way to promote brain health and ward off cognitive loss, particularly in the aging brain, or in persons with family histories of dementia.

But mostly, they're FUN!

One caveat: beware of buying these as gifts. If the recipient hasn't done them before, and is unable to do them, they will be very unhappy with you. On the other hand, if they can view the 3D images, they'll be delighted.
on March 15, 2012
Startling Stereograms, Levine and Priester's newest book of stereograms, is a collection of complicated, challenging images that are more fun than ever. Beautiful too! Not to be missed.
on January 4, 2014
These are fun. Sometimes a bit puzzling, but then it's a small revelation when you figure out what the picture is. Supposedly they exercise a part of your brain that doesn't get stimulated any other way. We all could use that!

Recommended.
on January 13, 2014
This is an amazing book. I have not done stereograms since I was in middle school and I am now in my early 30s. I shared this book with my family and friends and they were mesmerized by creativity and wined that this book offers. I love the book and highly recommend it
on November 19, 2014
I buy one of these books every once in a while for fun. There are a few pictures that threw me for a loop, but overall, the book has very bright and colorful pictures. t's amazing how some people can see the hidden picture right off, while it takes others some time and some can't see them at all. I like to keep my eyes in practice and some of the pictures are quite beautiful.