"I heartily recommend this book
--Bill Payne, founding member of the Angel Capital Association, Tech Coast Angels, and Entrepreneur In Residence at the Kauffman Foundation
"This is more than a guide, it's a startup bible."
--Michael Cerda, VP of Technology at Myspace, former Entrepreneur In Residence at Venrock, and author of CerdafiedStartup manages to answer all the questions an entrepreneur might have. I recommend it for everyone who is considering starting their own business.
--Jim Wheeler, Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of OklahomaI've worked with thousands of entrepreneurs over the last 30 years. This book is full of insights and down to earth advice. Well worth the read.
--Ann Dugan, Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence at the University of Pittsburgh
This is a useful book with many insights from experience and best practices outlined in an accessible
manner for both current and aspiring entrepreneurs
. --Elias Carayannis, GEFRI at George Washington University
From the Back Cover
1 - The Pros and Cons of Entrepreneurship
- Does it pay to be an entrepreneur?
2 - Startup Finance is Personal Finance
- Cut costs, get health insurance, and fix your finances before you quit your day job.
3 - Create a Business Model that Works
- Proven business model strategies and how to build one from scratch.
4 - Feasibility
- Reduce your risk with back of the napkin calculations, market research, and consumer feedback.
5 - How to Finance a Startup
- Grants, loans, and equity investors: 14 ways to finance your startup in simple language.
6 - Create an Unforgettable Brand
- Brainstorming, branding, and finding the best designers online.
7 - Marketing, Advertising & Publicity
- Drive revenue and cut costs by doing it yourself.
8 - Managing the Details for Less
- Everything you need is free: phone, email, software, and more.
9 - Make it Legal
- Save thousands on legal by filing your own documents using online templates.
10 - Two Business Plans
- How to write a business plan for banks and investors - and a tactical plan for how to run your business.