- File Size: 1461 KB
- Print Length: 466 pages
- Publication Date: May 1, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004ZULMR6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#724,651 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #503 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship > Startups
- #1377 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- #1385 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
|Print List Price:||$24.95|
Save $19.96 (80%)
Startups Open Sourced Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
- Studied advertising and computer science at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, graduates in 2011
- Y Combinator alumni from the Summer 2009 batch; cofounded GraffitiGeo, which was later acquired by Loopt in 2009.
Top Customer Reviews
The depth in the interviews is impressive. I'm subscribed to a lot of different online web sites and I haven't found many interviews that go into this amount of depth before, though Mixergy comes to mind when I think of interviews in similar formats. I was surprised to see that many of the founders don't consider themselves successful today. The quote about Dennis Crowley from Foursquare made me realize that most of these guys are hungry and many of them mentioned continuously setting their own bar for achievement higher as they continued to grow (Weebly comes to mind).
I really enjoyed reading this. Since a lot of these startups are still relatively young, I think it's going to be interesting to see how they progress and look back at the interviews a few years down the road from now when they've developed a bit further. These interviews seem to be done at the right time, when the founders are young (which also makes it easy to relate to) and before they hit their massive adoption curves (again, easy to relate to since many entrepreneurs are in the same stage).
Interviewing a younger generation of founders really relates more the start ups young people will be starting now, rather than reading about jeff bezos, steve jobs, or bill gates.
Founders at Work by Jessica Livingston, an earlier and fairly similar book, is also a great resource; Andrew Warner's Mixergy podcast is useful as well. If you are really interested in startups, I would suggest all three.
Now that i've finished reading the book I am actually retooling my own startup, based on the guidance that the founders of Grooveshark, GitHub and Wufoo provided.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I found this book very interesting for all the material it presented on startups that, for the most part, I hadn't known about. Read morePublished on February 24, 2013 by S. Jamal
I found the book to be really intriguing but, as a previous reviewer said, it was a bit repetitive.
I'm not part of the startup scene. Read more
I really enjoyed the first few chapters of this book, but most startups have similar stories and once you've heard one, you've pretty much heard all of them. Read morePublished on January 25, 2012 by Ashley
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Business Culture > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship > Startups
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational