Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Starved: Mercy for Eating Disorders
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on December 13, 2007
This book is a must read in today's society with eating disorders running rampant! We need an understanding of what the root problem is with eating disorders. For a young woman to overcome a serious eating disorder, she has to first understand what the war inside of her actually is. The war is not over just the food. It's actually over her ability to see herself the way God sees her and to understand that her self worth and value is not in what the mirrors says to her, but rather what God says to her. Whether you believe in God or not, this book is an excellent source and easy read to understand eating disorder better and receive the hope for restoration for yourself or a loved one. Nancy Alcorn did a fabulous job on this book. It's a must read for anyone!
on December 28, 2007
I've read Nancy Alcorn before and she continues to share the REAL deal. This book contains real stories--it differs from your other pop culture books because the stories share answers to the tough problems, not just "learn how to live with your problems and live a functional life." Thanks for providing another resource for devestating issue of eating disorders--I know it will help many.
on April 21, 2011
Being a strong Christian woman I had high expectations of this book. It far surpassed my expectations and delivered! The author gave me the truth about myself from the Lord to rebuke the lies I was being fed by the enemy. I recommend this book to anyone struggling with food issues. This book offers freedom through the Lord. I am so grateful I read this. My walk with the Lord is that much stronger.
on July 2, 2011
Starved: Mercy for Eating Disorders is filled with stories of real people suffering with eating disorders. These stories can be very relatable if either you are suffering with an eating disorder yourself and are seeking help or you know somebody who has an eating disorder and you don't really know how to approach the issue. I'm studying to become an eating disorders specialist which is why I picked up this book. This easy read was filled with thoughtful tips for how to deal with an eating disorder and helps you to understand why this disorder is affecting you or a loved one and how you can seek the help you need to take control of your body once again.
on December 14, 2007
This is an amazing book that is different from anything else I have encountered. Doctors and nutriontionists worldwide claim that eating disorders must just be "managed" but this books offers hope for complete healing and restoration. I would highly recommend this to anyone struggling with an eating disorder or anyone who loves someone who is struggling.
on December 14, 2007
WOW, what an awesome book that addresses one of the biggest issues of our society! This book brings insight into what behaviors that I can watch for in my developing girls. I have recommended this book to several of my friends. Get this book, it will give you hope that there is more than recovery...there is freedom!
on December 17, 2007
If you are battling with an eating disorder or know someone who is you need to read this book! The stories of changed lives are so inspiring and the book is so practical in laying out the steps to freedom. This book is full of hope and healing!
on August 17, 2012
This book is right on! I have worked with several girls with eating disorders, and have found the principals in this book to be the truth that sets free! Very Biblical. Highly recommend this book as well as Mercy Ministries, founded by the author.
on December 6, 2007
This book definitely shows the power of a changed life! The testimonies in this book give encouragement and bring hope for anyone struggling with an eating disorder. Also very helpful for people who are connected to someone who struggles with this issue. Allows them to understand what there child, friend, family member, etc. is going through. I definitely enjoyed reading it as someone who knows people with eating disorders!
on December 14, 2007
This is an awesome book. It is so encouraging to find a book with so many practical, step-by-step ways to gain freedom from eating disorders. The personal testimonies of lives that have personally been transformed through these key principles were touching to me. I highly recommend this to anyone struggling with these issues or even to a friend or family member of someone struggling.