5.0 out of 5 stars More than I bargained for
Published on September 1, 2011 by ruruyoyo

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited review
I have to agree with a previous reviewer; this stuff is not culinary grade. It smells really nice and will be great for sachets and whatnot, but I would not dare use it in food. I sifted a few spoonfuls of it and it looked like I had thrown a bunch of dust and grass clippings in the bowl.

Edit 2/07/13

I would now rate this item a 1 star instead of 4...
Published 22 months ago by cbeard

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I bargained for, September 1, 2011
This review is from: Starwest Botanicals Organic Lavender Flowers (Extra Grade), 1-pound Bag (Health and Beauty)
I was looking for edible lavender flowers to use to make lavender honey ice cream. These were the only ones I could find that were prime eligible. They were very fresh and potent, and I really liked that they were organic. Buyer beware, though--a 1 pound bag is HUGE. Lavender flowers are very light, so one pound's worth is a lot of flowers. I'll be working my way through this bag for a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great herb!!, March 2, 2011
I was looking for dried lavender flowers for cooking and I found it with this product. It's organic, so there shouldn't be any pesticides or chemicals. The flowers are so fragrant and fresh too. I've used it in making honey-lavender bread, creme brulee and even marinated lamb chops with garlic, lavender and rosemary. This product truly adds a nice touch to many dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fragrant!!, December 1, 2011
The bag is larger than I thought. I was able to make many fragrant microwave heating pads and moth repellents plus fresh lavender pouches for cars. Very satisfied and ordered one more bag to make christmas presents for friends (I just received the second bag while I was writing this review^^).

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!, February 21, 2013
Length:: 1:09 Mins

Love this stuff! Super fresh and so far makes awesome tea :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited review, February 5, 2013

Edit 2/07/13

I would now rate this item a 1 star instead of 4 star. I thought the smell was strong and pleasant, but after being set out for only a day I cannot smell it unless I basically put my nose in whatever container it is in. It is not because I have become accustomed to it. I have it all over the house, but you would not know it. There is a bowl of it in a tiny linen closet and you would expect to smell lavender when you open the door, but it only smells like linens. There is a bowl of lavender in the cabinet under the sink in a bathroom; there is no lavender scent at all, not in the bathroom nor in the cabinet. In such confined spaces there should be some scent. When you open the product bag the scent of lavender is overwhelming, but once it is out it quickly dissipates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, STRONG scent!, August 25, 2011
This arrived quickly, and when I ripped the top of the bag open and took a big whiff, the lavender was so strong, it actually gave me a bit of a headache. That may not sound like an endorsement, but it is! It's a big bag, after all. If the scent is that powerful, that means the little dish I put in my room, or the little sachets I tuck away here and there, should have plenty of staying power...and they do! They scent the room nicely without being overwhelming or cloying. I'm looking forward to taking this into work -- apparently the previous owner of my office stored his gym bag in the cabinet, and I'm thinking some of this lavender will finally do the trick to get rid of that smell!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what i expected, March 29, 2014
The item that i received in the mail was completely different from the one shown on the website. The dried lavender came in a clear, NON resealable bag (the website clearly states it comes in a polyfoil resealable bag). Also, the package that i got shows no sign that it is USDA organic, or signifies what it really is besides the sticker saying 'Lavender' above the companies websites slapped over a Spanish moss labeling. And also i have just realized as I'm typing that there is a hole in the bag getting lavender everywhere. I am very, very dissatisfied with my order.

1.0 out of 5 stars Old, dried up, dusty, and foul/musty smelling., December 19, 2013
I usually order lavender from a different site, but needed two day shipping. I don't know how anyone can give this stuff a good rating. I wish I could upload a pic of what I got (brown, dried up, crunchy, nasty smelling buds) and what it should look like (purple, soft, pleasant smelling buds). I use lavender buds to make bath salts and scrubs for gifts. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention when I added it to my salts. I have to use it because I'm not going to waste 40lbs of salt. The resealable bag does not reseal. I will not order from this company again. If you are buying lavender it should be purple. Not brown or yellow. It shouldn't be dusty when you grab a handful. The buds should feel soft and squishy, not crunchy.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Smell, June 12, 2013
We purchased this item to make favors for the wedding this coming Saturday. I purchased this particular lavender cause of the reviews regarding how great it smelled. We all sat down to make the favors this afternoon and within a short time there was no smell. Do you think we got a bad batch or something? Very disappointing. We actually had to run out to the health food store to buy a bottle of lavender to put in the lavender petals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fresh; wonderful smell, April 7, 2012
Purchased to make favors for a bridal shower. Lots of complements on the quality. The fact that it was edible and could be used for cooking was a plus. Very fresh;flowers intact;wonderful smell...will order again.

Starwest Botanicals Organic Lavender Flowers (Extra Grade), 1-pound Bag