Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 1, 2011
I was looking for edible lavender flowers to use to make lavender honey ice cream. These were the only ones I could find that were prime eligible. They were very fresh and potent, and I really liked that they were organic. Buyer beware, though--a 1 pound bag is HUGE. Lavender flowers are very light, so one pound's worth is a lot of flowers. I'll be working my way through this bag for a long time!
11 comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2015
I'd like to give a disclaimer for this product:
It is organic.
I seriously laughed as I went through the bag. I found three snail shells within the first handful, which I thought was seriously cool! I'll be identifying those later, as the bag is from France.
I was hoping for more as I went through, but unfortunately, most of the rest of the unexpecteds were thorns and burrs.
Going through the bag, I hurt myself several times...Will wear gloves next time.
I feel like like I should write a review for each thing I got in this package. This includes:
Lavender flowers
Lavender stems
3 snail shells
10+ Burrs
1 portion of a centipede/worm exoskeleton/skin
Some scary trident-looking thorn/thistles
The Unidentifieds
-I'm pretty sure there was a bit of hardened rabbit poo in here- and by a bit, I mean at least 10 pellets
-Foxtail weeds?
-MANY different types of seeds, no doubt brought by birds

Other than these, I found out when I opened the bag that I'm either slightly allergic to Lavender, or the smell is just that strong from these! I sneezed several times and had an asthma attack while going through these.

I've included some pictures showing what you get, how much, and the extras. :)

Overall though, there's a very limited amount of things you can do with these, because of the amount of stems included. I'd definitely pay extra for the culinary grade lavender, just because there'd be no stems mixed in, but for bathing products, these are perfect.
review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2011
I was looking for dried lavender flowers for cooking and I found it with this product. It's organic, so there shouldn't be any pesticides or chemicals. The flowers are so fragrant and fresh too. I've used it in making honey-lavender bread, creme brulee and even marinated lamb chops with garlic, lavender and rosemary. This product truly adds a nice touch to many dishes.
on December 1, 2011
The bag is larger than I thought. I was able to make many fragrant microwave heating pads and moth repellents plus fresh lavender pouches for cars. Very satisfied and ordered one more bag to make christmas presents for friends (I just received the second bag while I was writing this review^^).
on February 5, 2013
I have to agree with a previous reviewer; this stuff is not culinary grade. It smells really nice and will be great for sachets and whatnot, but I would not dare use it in food. I sifted a few spoonfuls of it and it looked like I had thrown a bunch of dust and grass clippings in the bowl.

Edit 2/07/13

I would now rate this item a 1 star instead of 4 star. I thought the smell was strong and pleasant, but after being set out for only a day I cannot smell it unless I basically put my nose in whatever container it is in. It is not because I have become accustomed to it. I have it all over the house, but you would not know it. There is a bowl of it in a tiny linen closet and you would expect to smell lavender when you open the door, but it only smells like linens. There is a bowl of lavender in the cabinet under the sink in a bathroom; there is no lavender scent at all, not in the bathroom nor in the cabinet. In such confined spaces there should be some scent. When you open the product bag the scent of lavender is overwhelming, but once it is out it quickly dissipates.
on February 21, 2013
Love this stuff! Super fresh and so far makes awesome tea :)
1010 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2014
The item that i received in the mail was completely different from the one shown on the website. The dried lavender came in a clear, NON resealable bag (the website clearly states it comes in a polyfoil resealable bag). Also, the package that i got shows no sign that it is USDA organic, or signifies what it really is besides the sticker saying 'Lavender' above the companies websites slapped over a Spanish moss labeling. And also i have just realized as I'm typing that there is a hole in the bag getting lavender everywhere. I am very, very dissatisfied with my order.
on March 27, 2015
I ordered this to be used for an upcoming wedding -- to use as filler in glass containers that will hold small candles, to add a "woodsy" aromatic feel. These lavender flowers are much more pale than others I have used in the past, and there is a lot of small debris mixed in (see picture) -- what appear to be stems, little pieces of other plant matter (not lavender), etc. I will end up using these for another purpose. If you are using for soap making, I would imagine you'd have to separate out the debris. With the amount of nonspecific other debris, I would not use this product for food.

A note about "organic" -- it refers to the way the product is grown, and the fact that certain pesticides/chemicals aren't used. An organic product need not be dirty or adulterated. I don't mind spending almost $20 per pound for lavender flowers -- but I do mind spending that kind of money on useless pieces of debris. Organic or not, the flowers should have been sorted from the other materials so that the product we receive is what we paid for.
review image
on August 25, 2011
This arrived quickly, and when I ripped the top of the bag open and took a big whiff, the lavender was so strong, it actually gave me a bit of a headache. That may not sound like an endorsement, but it is! It's a big bag, after all. If the scent is that powerful, that means the little dish I put in my room, or the little sachets I tuck away here and there, should have plenty of staying power...and they do! They scent the room nicely without being overwhelming or cloying. I'm looking forward to taking this into work -- apparently the previous owner of my office stored his gym bag in the cabinet, and I'm thinking some of this lavender will finally do the trick to get rid of that smell!
on September 3, 2015
This is my FIRST EVER Negative Product review so it takes ALOT for me to be unhappy.
Reasons I returned these lavender buds:
-Brown Lavender buds, hardly any purple.
-Foul Smelling/Musty Smell, faint lavender smell.
-Snail Shells, Burrs, and other matter in bag.
-Fecal Matter in bag!!!
-Lots of Dust, Debris, and STEMS Galore!
-No "Pros" just "cons"!!!!! :(