Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Flavor: Premium Green Decaf|Change

on January 24, 2009
I have had the pleasure of exploring and experimenting with Green tea for the last five years. During that time, I believe that I have sampled the gamut of options on the market today. From rare, true Gyokuro tea from Kyoto, Japan at a friend's home which cost over $500USD/lb to cheap generic Sencha. I have had the pleasure to seek out various types of green tea from Lung Chung, Putuo Fo Cha and many others. I am always searching, tasting and learning about tea and its amazing health benefits.

However, I was looking for something both readily available, cost effective and of excellent quality. Not an easy combination of traits at all considering my experience. I settled on the Stash brands of Teas and this version being the organic version was just pennies more than the non-organic green tea version from Stash. After researching, I discovered that this tea is grown and processed not in Japan but Brazil, yet from my personal experience, it rivals the Japanese tea leaf for leaf.

The warm, rich tea that is produced after a moderate boiling temperature is very refreshing. Personally, I steep for about 3 minutes today and then allow it to rest up to a mild warm temperature where you can truly start tasting the mild notes of organic flavor. There is no taste of excessive tannins, bitterness, nor rough processing that comes through in its flavor. It is quite purely, an excellent tasting, fresh & mild form of green tea. Very enjoyable and surprising! :)

Color is medium green to very slight brown in cup. Expected since this tea is not produced in the traditional "Gyokuro" shade growing and yielding techniques, but it is actually very flavorful and easy to drink. (Even for new green tea drinkers who might be turned off by some of the most traditional blends) --- something I cannot say for some of the more expensive Green teas. They can be quite hard to get used to at first!

I can add nothing else but to note that for the price and for the fact that it is truly certified organic, I cannot recommend this tea enough.
It is a simply outstanding value for an excellent variety, flavor and production of pure green tea. For about $0.15 a cup, I cannot imagine where else you could possible buy a more flavorful organic drink that has so many tremendously wonderful health benefits.

Cheers to STASH Tea for bringing us such an amazing cup of Green Tea goodness. Even after traveling the world and back, I was pleasantly surprised to find this STASH tea....At this price, I will make it a great habit of STASHING more of this away for safe keeping.
on November 11, 2010
This is a great decaf green tea. I decided to start drinking green tea due to its purported benefits of prevention of breast cancer, which runs rampant in my family. I have to drink a decaf product, which is unfortunate as some of the beneficial properties of green tea are removed with the caffeine. After some research, I found out that there are several "natural" methods of decaffeination and that one involves actually using "natural" but not necessarily safe chemicals. Probably the safest method is a process which involves using carbon dioxide. I emailed Stash about this product and within an hour received a very informative, personalized email describing the process they use, which is the CO2 process and the best as not only does it not use chemicals, but the antioxidant properties of green tea are diminished less with this process than others. Since I am drinking green tea solely for the health benefits and not the taste, that is important to me. I think it tastes great for a decaff tea. It is not strong and has a mild slightly bitter taste. I add a little peppermint tea and honey to it and it is super tasty. I am impressed with this tea and company and will continue to order from them.
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2010
This is perfect for stressful moments to just take a break and enjoy some Tulsi goodness. It helps me feel calm and relaxed - I really enjoy it and it's well worth a try.
on February 7, 2014
Although I prefer the taste of The Tao Of Tea Pure Leaf Holy Basil Tea, Tulsi Lavender (12x11.5Oz ), its availability and cost prohibit my drinking it to the extent that I desire.

I have now tried the Stash Tea Company Organic Lavender Tulsi Herbal Tea, 18 Count Tea Bags in Foil 0.8 oz. (Pack of 6) product, and can definitively say that the Stash Lavender Tulsi tea does not have the 'magical' taste that I found in the Tao of Tea version -- and given that we're talking about a tulsi lavender tea that is made with a tea bag, as compared to a bottle of such that was microbrewed, it is perhaps not a surprise that there would be a noticeable difference in the quality of the taste, and that the microbrewed version would taste so much more 'delicately flavorful' (to an extent, it's almost as though the Stash tea bag version involves a taste that is a taste analogue to the sound of a somewhat muffled voice, versus the Tao of Tea version, whose corresponding taste analogue would be the sound of one person singing, and whose voice could be heard clearly).

That being said, the Stash tea does have a definite tulsi lavender taste, and adaptogenic effect, and it does result in my relaxing, and beginning to feel a little sleepy -- which is a welcome, though atypical, consequence/effect with my body, given how tenacious aspects of insomnia can be for me.

Thus (and because the taste is 'there', though not as clearly as I would prefer (but I understand that there is a trade-off of sorts if/when brewing via hot water and a tea bag, versus microbrewing the actual leaves)), I will continue to purchase the Stash version (albeit while silently hoping that the Tao of Tea version ultimately involves less cost insanity at some point, or is otherwise available (locally) in more markets, so that (expensive) shipping costs (of the in-a-glass-bottle product) are not involved)).
*****
Stash's Organic Premium Lemon Ginger Green Tea has the pure, true flavor of ginger and lemongrass---not flavorings. I am not usually a fan of Stash's teas, but this premium tea is as good as much more expensive and higher-end teas. Please make sure you get the ORGANIC GREEN tea version, as it is a different tea (albeit with caffeine) and far superior to Stash's regular lemon ginger herbal tea, in my opinion.

Everything in this tea is organic---the organic ginger, the organic green tea, and the organic lemongrass. Although it does contain caffeine, I think it is a much milder green tea, because I tasted the ginger and lemongrass dramatically more than the green tea. This balance made the tea even more enjoyable---a sort of different kind of teasan, one balanced with a little green tea.

Stash Tea had their 35th anniversary last month, so they've been around a while, and I love the direction they are moving with their teas, towards more organic and loose teas, more true flavors instead of artificial flavorings.

I would highly recommend Stash's Organic Premium Lemon Ginger Green Tea unless you do not care for ginger or for spicier teas; otherwise you are certain to be delighted!

Highly recommended.
*****
on December 24, 2010
For years I have been getting "Miss Rona's" Lavender tea.
However that company closed.
I've tried a couple of others that didn't come close.
This Stash Lavender tea is outstanding and relaxing.
on July 30, 2006
This is one of my favourite teas. My mom had picked up some a couple summers ago so that I'd have some tea to drink while visiting her. I've had a horrible time finding it locally. I've been drinking Stash's black chai spice instead, which also makes a nice cuppa, but the black and green blend has a nice, gentle flavour that is just marvelous.
on February 8, 2014
Love this tea-- I drink tulsi in the am as a gentle stimulant and to clear my mind, but this one is perfect fro the evening especially if I have to teach a night class. My mind is focused and alert but the lavender keeps me relaxed so I can sleep later-always an issue when I am stimulated after a night class!
on July 27, 2012
I am a huge lavender fan, but have never tried any edible/drinkable lavender products, only those that smell good. I was a little concerned this would taste funny, because even though I know smell and taste are tightly linked, lavender seems like the kind of thing that would smell way better than it tastes. I was so glad to find that the tea mostly tastes like a stronger chamomile tea, but smells like lavender. The best of both worlds!
on January 20, 2012
I was a little skeptical at first, but that thought was soon halted. It is almost like a two for one deal. I get the relaxation of chamomile tea while smelling lavender. I was so impressed I brought some to work and had everyone try. I received mixed reviews. What I did notice was that tea drinkers that preferred milk or sweeteners in their tea did not like. While those that used honey loved it.