This is an original 1943 World War II black and white print ad for the Statler Hotel Chain.
The Statler Hotel Chain was originally founded by Ellsworth Milton Statler of Buffalo, New York. The company got its start in 1901, when a temporary wood hotel was erected on the Pan-American Exposition grounds in Buffalo, New York. In 1904, a similar hotel structure was constructed at the Louisiana Purchase Exposition in St. Louis, Missouri. This hotel was made to be the largest in the world with over 2,000 rooms. The first permanent Statler Hotel structure in Buffalo, New York, was built by August Esenwein and architect James A. Johnson. It was the first major hotel chain to include a bathroom in every room. Statler hotels were also known for initiating certain hotel amenities and accommodations like closet lighting and including pens and stationary in each room. It was not until the late 1920s, after Statler's death, that additional Statler hotels began cropping up in locations, such as Washington, D. C., Dallas, Los Angeles and Hartford, Connecticut. Many of the subsequent hotels were designed by the architectural firm of George Post and Sons. In 1954, the Statler chain was sold to Conrad Hilton of the Hilton Hotels chain. Statler hotels sold for $111,000,000, which was, at the time, the world's largest real estate transaction.