Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on September 27, 2011
This pot is the most gorgeous thing! I can't even say how much I love this pot. The quality is old world exquisite, thank you Staub and the country of France for producing such a gorgeous, and useful product. It's so nice to find such quality. Dinners will be wonderful cooked in this pot. Now I can get rid of all my old junky pots as I am happily going about gifting myself with all the fine cookware I could never afford before. Ahhhh, there is something to be said for aging!
on December 26, 2009
I received this as a present from my DH and it is far prettier than the pictures can show The enamel is lusterous and glows
It is both a functional cooking essential and art for the kitchen I am not a fan of the color orange but this is so pretty that I leave it out
just so we can look at it

I have both Le Creuset and Staub and several pieces of each has shown me that Staub has thicker enamel and is far far far easier
to clean ( Staub French ovens are amazingly easy to clean compared to LC)
It holds a surprisingly large amount and is versatile in what it can do
Buy it and buy some for gifts for your children It is a wonderful wonderful cocotte One can make the no knead bread without worrying
about the heat since this is rated for high oven temps since the youtube video said it was a cast iron knob which is brass plated ( not plastic)
I appreciate that it takes one whole day to make just one pot PLUS it is not made in China but it is made in FRANCE The beautiful beautiful
enamel is so far above the matte LC Chantal ( German enamal over steel) and Staub both have superior enamel - thick and shiny and deeply glowing
Try both enamel over steel and try both the LC and the Staub in your kitchen Believe the noise about cooking in dutch oven excuse me FRENCH ovens
IT will change your food and it will change your cooking and everyone who eats at your house will be grateful

It is well worth the investment SKimp on going out to eat for a while and save up for this while it is still available You will not be sorry
on March 24, 2011
I am very happy with this dutch oven. I hope my kids remember that Mom served dinner out of a pumpkin. It washes very easily with soap and water and cooks all manner of foods perfectly...Creme Brule French toast, Chicken and Rice, Baked Veggies...It is so pretty that I leave it out on the counter even when not in use. I worried about the fit being too small to cook for a family of 4 but it is jsut right. My first order arrived damaged and I was very disappointed as the color was scratched in several places, but amazon made it right, refunded me and I placed another order and that one is the one I am raving about. Worth the hassle and the money. I can't wait to make something for the Holidays in this. Happy cooking!
on March 2, 2013
I own many staub pieces and absolutely love them ! This is the first one that I have to send back. I can't believe that they would try to pass off such a damaged piece to me. It had 3 large chips on it and is unusable. I must have got one of the ones that were returned. Really!!! just throw it out. Now I have to go through the trouble of returning it.
on February 28, 2013
I too received this item with three chips in the enamel. How disappointing as I have been wanting this item for a long time. It appears that the item was not very securely packaged...or perhaps I received the one that the other lady sent back!
on March 20, 2013
I ordered this peice of enameled cookware twice, and both times it arrived damaged. I loved the look of it, but the enamel was chipped on the inside and out. I might try to order it again from another website, but I don't have confidence in the product if it can't survive shipment. My le crueset pan of ten years isn't as chipped as this NEW $200+ pan. Too bad. Big dissapointment.
on May 5, 2013
This pumpkin Cocette (Dutch oven) was a very special item I'd waited a long time to purchase here on Amazon. It arrived and I had very high hopes for it, specifically inasmuch as it was an easy-clean, non-stick, lidded item. I used it to make stews and marinara sauces, as I have done for years. After several months, however, the ingredients began sticking to the interior of the "non-stick" surface. I would have to soak it for hours, and then clean it gently so as not to scratch the non-stick coating. I followed directions to the letter. Not long after, black pieces of the inner surface came off in chunks. I felt unsafe using it any longer, although it had been a beautiful item that I'd hoped to keep for years. Altogether, I'd say I got a good 4 months of cooking use out of it.

When I called and wrote to Staub about the non-stick failure of this pot, no one was willing to help me. After several attempts, emails and messages, a customer representative finally did contact me. I explained the situation including the recent date of purchase. There was no sense that I was their customer and they had a responsibility to make it right. Lots of hesitating and asking me what I did wrong.

To my dismay, I was told to return the Dutch oven (Cocette) to the company, at my own cost. THEN, they would decide if *I* had damaged it. It is a very heavy pot, and shipping it on my own---and at my own cost---seemed an excessive request of me by the manufacturer. The shipping would have been very expensive, and I would have had no idea as to whether they even intended to deliberate in my favor. Was it my fault? Was I going to get blamed for the sticked and chipping of their non-stick interior? I had no idea. A more reputable company, IMO, would have made arrangements for the return to ease the burden on me, but they did not. I threw it out and decided not to purchase Staub items again.

In contrast the many, many LeCruset pots, pans, and Dutch ovens I've had over the years, NOT ONE of them has ever failed me. I wish I could write a better review of this Staub "Cocette," but this is exactly what happened. They failed to make good on a defective product, in my opinion, and I have returned to purchasing all such cookware from LeCruset again. Even the ones I've had for 20 years are still in great shape.
on December 27, 2012
I love cocottes and have a few Le Creusets -- the ordinary round or oval sort. But this beautiful Pumpkin I have been looking at for 2 years and I'm so glad I finally bought it. The interior finish in this Staub cocotte is greatly superior to Le Creuset. Who knew? And the rest of my little pumpkin is top quality, too. The lid fits perfectly, holds steam and all moisture in... and it all looks so magical when it comes to the table!
on November 3, 2011
As others have said, it is a well-made and beautiful pot (cocotte). The one I received on Nov 2, 2011 does have "made in france" stamped on the bottom of the lid. It does NOT have "self-basting spikes" on the bottom of the lid
on October 29, 2012
I fell in love with this pumpkin pot when I saw it on line. When it arrived it had three chips in the enamel - so disappointed. Sent it right back. Expected much better quality.